Metal Storm logo
2012 (The Movie)

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 06.09.2009 - 22:40
http://www.csfd.cz/film/239242-2012/videa/?trailer_select=4254

already the first trailer gave to know this movie will be BIG, but after watching this theatrical trailer I cant find words how to explain my amazement...before I have seen a first minute, I would proclaim "2012" the new king of apocalyptic films
27.11.2009 - 01:20
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Second post for me on here but why not eh...who cares about a movie that has a 5-10 minute plot with the rest of it being buildings falling down everywhere, highway systems collapsing, people running around screaming...big deal...and the whole 2012 thing is a sham anyway...the destruction and chaos of the world on November 22nd, 2012 is bullshit...I don't even care what anyone says in retort...if you actually beleive that the poles are going to shift and cause global destruction in 2012 then you are an idiot...
27.11.2009 - 13:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 27.11.2009 at 01:20

Second post for me on here but why not eh...who cares about a movie that has a 5-10 minute plot with the rest of it being buildings falling down everywhere, highway systems collapsing, people running around screaming...big deal...and the whole 2012 thing is a sham anyway...the destruction and chaos of the world on November 22nd, 2012 is bullshit...I don't even care what anyone says in retort...if you actually beleive that the poles are going to shift and cause global destruction in 2012 then you are an idiot...

i agree man, Y2K, 1666, the year 2000, all shameless fakes and hoaxes designed for the individual profit of the people purporting them.
29.11.2009 - 14:45
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 27.11.2009 at 13:42

i agree man, Y2K, 1666, the year 2000, all shameless fakes and hoaxes designed for the individual profit of the people purporting them.

Dn't forget, 06/06/06.
It was 6 AM, 6 minutes, 6 seconds, of the day 6, month 6, of 2006. And sata never showed up.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.11.2009 - 17:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But in 1666 London burned to the ground...so at least something
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.11.2009 - 20:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
So hopefully in 2012 only London will be flooded and fall to pieces

Just kidding...
30.11.2009 - 00:09
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Lmao. That is so mean Kap'N Korrupt.

Yeah, I watched that movie. It was... interesting for me. haha. I kept yelling 'COME ON!!' I also nibbled on my fingers at the intense moments but I didnt realize that until I thought about it after the movie. Corny ending though. :|
06.12.2009 - 06:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 30.11.2009 at 00:09

Lmao. That is so mean Kap'N Korrupt.

Yeah, I watched that movie. It was... interesting for me. haha. I kept yelling 'COME ON!!' I also nibbled on my fingers at the intense moments but I didnt realize that until I thought about it after the movie. Corny ending though. :|

COnsidering who the director is, the endng was not only corny but also predictable.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
09.12.2009 - 09:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The ending was not only corny and predictable but also totally dull...
----

10.12.2009 - 20:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
The only point for this - or similar movies - is to watch shit blow up. that is it. aside from that, no redeeming value whatsoever.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.12.2009 - 21:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I watched this movie two weeks ago or so. Went out with my friends and they made me watch this movie. So, no brainer, did really do anything to me at all, apart from making my heart race in the action scenes. I'm not gona remember it when I get out of the cinema, and I'm not gona think about it. I guess it's a typical Hollywood movie since it does only that. It's a theory sure, it should make me think, but I don't.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.12.2009 - 22:46
JD
Account deleted
I didn't like it that much it's a normal movie but my fav part is "MR.Dinosaur" OHH NOT AGAIN hahaha
31.12.2009 - 16:08
Ernis
狼獾
The positive bout the film were the references to humanity and the emotionally touching dialogues and moments...but they were very few amidst the overall mess that film was... and they wouldn't have saved it anyway... Had there been more "emotional" scenes present, this had made the film even more corny...
04.01.2010 - 14:02
Hamird
Lieutenant
I didn't liked the film at all. It was something like The Day After Tomorrow.. I didn't like that one neither.. Nor anything like such films. In all these films America overcomes to any natural disasters.. They even knocked out Aliens in War of Worlds.. I want to see a film that nature overcomes to mankind.. Then that would be a kind of interest for me.. After all, it was totally a box-office film.. Those kind of films I'm not interested in at all..
05.01.2010 - 12:59
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This movie is worth in one thing only - to compare it to Avatar and see, that there "easy plots" and "easy plots"...the story of Avatar certainly isnt the most clever thing that ever been written, but somehow, you dont mind it in context of the rest...
----

05.01.2010 - 15:42
FOOCK Nam

Written by Hamird on 04.01.2010 at 14:02

I didn't liked the film at all. It was something like The Day After Tomorrow.. I didn't like that one neither.. Nor anything like such films. In all these films America overcomes to any natural disasters.. They even knocked out Aliens in War of Worlds.. I want to see a film that nature overcomes to mankind.. Then that would be a kind of interest for me.. After all, it was totally a box-office film.. Those kind of films I'm not interested in at all..

I think 2012 is not bad at all . Natura overcome mankind or earthlink, there is Avatar, it is very good one I just watched last week.
06.01.2010 - 01:11
Ernis
狼獾
Natura overcome mankind? No... The sole point of the film was to show 8 km high waves drowning the earth, collapsing buildings and dying screaming people... and oh... other examples of this style are The Core (haven't seen) which is about the core of the earth stopping its spinning, the loss of magnetic field, lotssa disasters and a rescue team of heroes who dig into the core of the earth (sic!) to detonate and give it a spin and "Drowning Of Japan" where the plate tectonics works magically fast and Japan gets pulled underwater rapidly and then the heroes go to the Mariana trench and detonate it to stop Japan from drowning and they succeed!
06.01.2010 - 13:36
FOOCK Nam

I dont mean totally overcoming. Actually I like the way all everything gone by the flood, remaining only 3 ships and the date starts again from 0/0/0 beginnedly. No, not all creatures and human race must die, just all everything human made gone and we must make it whole again. That's vital. More over I like the way attitude of the movie about family caregiving before the catastrophe before regrettion.
13.01.2010 - 04:03
..ExoTeaR..

More american nonsense, Mr president blah blah blah but the scenes of total destruction are fucking kickarse, they should have tweaked the soundtrack and put really epic metal on in the parts that wearnt all soppy and gay arse. pfffft. the nutcase living in the van was cool lol
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
13.01.2010 - 15:26
Ernis
狼獾
I liked it how the Estonian actor was the only one who had genuine Russian accent instead of some Serbo-Croatian/French/English accent the rest of the actors playing "Russians" do...
13.01.2010 - 16:00
Øyvind
Grave Digger
A typical Emmerich film, loads of great special effects but with a below-par script (especially come the end). Too much comic relief for my taste, except for the scene where the Russian president speaks in Serbian/Croatian On the other hand, the first 20 minutes or so are a sort of a slow intro for what comes next. More than an hour (two hours?) of ZOMFG So much action that you instinctively start to squeeze the seat (at least I did at one point). Love it or hate it, doesn't matter, watch it.
----
03.04.2010 - 05:38
Oracle
Orcinus
This movie was a complete load of crap! I watched it last night and it's all cliche. Its just like all of the other doomsday movies but different actors lol. The effects weren't even that great either. And it was so obvious on what was gonna happen and who was gonna die etc.
03.04.2010 - 06:55
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 29.11.2009 at 14:45

Written by Valentin B on 27.11.2009 at 13:42

Dn't forget, 06/06/06.
It was 6 AM, 6 minutes, 6 seconds, of the day 6, month 6, of 2006. And sata never showed up.

Not to you but he showed at my crib and drank some bear while playing Pokemon.

The movie was kind of weird. Too much humor that made it feel like a Disaster Comendy film. There were weak dialogs, cliche situations. The father who takes his son and daughter and is divorced and still love his wife, etc., no we haven't seen that in WOTWorlds. The film at times looked low budget with what seemed to be amature-like camera shots and then it would look professional the next moment. This had me a little confused.

I don't mind when there is a scene in a movie where things that are not possible happen, but in this movie it is scene after scene where the unbelievable happens. A blatant fail when you are trying to appeal to what is believable so that the audience can believe and be scared of that such a thing can happen in reality. That asshole had little practice in flying but he flew better than any expert. It would have been better if things got destroyed once they were far away at the distance instead of making those incredible flying manuevers getting past falling buildings.

I guess that the thing that hurts these movies the most is that directors follow the same formula over and over again. First, there are symptoms of the disaster coming, then comes the explanation, and then the disaster. I liked the beginning of The Core because it felt like the disaster came out of nowhere with the falling birds and shit, the movie was not that great but I liked that.

The movie is entertaining and has some nice special effects but if you are not like me who enjoys watching stuff just to find flaws and find within these movies the things that make other films great by pointing out contrasts, then I guess it would be better to skip this one.
----
Christless
09.04.2010 - 11:39
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Darth Satanious on 03.04.2010 at 06:55

Too much humor that made it feel like a Disaster Comendy film.

you should already noticed, that "loads of humor" are quite typical for recent hollywood films...no matter what is it about, it is always a quoting fest

me personally like this style btw
----

11.04.2010 - 04:07
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Ellrohir on 09.04.2010 at 11:39

Written by Darth Satanious on 03.04.2010 at 06:55

Too much humor that made it feel like a Disaster Comendy film.

you should already noticed, that "loads of humor" are quite typical for recent hollywood films...no matter what is it about, it is always a quoting fest

me personally like this style btw

Yeah, I know what you mean but it is kind of different with this movie. Normally in a movie like this the people in the scene would be scared shitless and serious because they are about to die. They survive and then they throw some cheap and predictable joke like: "That was a close one." But in this movie they make jokes even when they are about to die. It is like they would have read the script of their life and knew that they wouldn't die so let us not take things seriously. I would like this sort of style if I wouldn't find their jokes lame.
----
Christless
11.04.2010 - 16:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well since 2012 has the worst and "most cliche" script ever (while some are speculating it was an intention), i really wont care about "cheap predictable jokes"
----

18.07.2010 - 15:37
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Easlily one of the worst films of the year if not all time. The moment that really cracked me up was when the plane landed on a lane that was already collapsing.
07.08.2010 - 22:20
RockeRoy

Visually it was very good, but the mood of the movie was just stupid. i tink isaser movies should be more biting and suspensefull. i give the movie strong 2 out of 6
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
07.08.2010 - 22:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It was just a series of statistically impossible events one after another. Was pretty though but a predictable kinda pretty.
08.08.2010 - 18:58
ß
Problem?
I watched an hour of it, got bored, then left to do something else. I'm sure glad I didn't go to the theatres to see this,
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
10.09.2010 - 21:24
DarkestChild

I hated the idea from the begining, i knew what was all about ... they just used the fact that the stories about 2012 were burning all over the world knowing this will bring them succes. They made a stupid scenario just to have one, covered it with some strong special effects and the bullshit was ready.
----
If you see a stain on you in the mirror, remove it from you not from the mirror