Metal Storm logo
Manowar - "Hell On Earth V" Release Date Revealed

US metallers Manowar have issued the following update on their official website:

"The long awaited sequel of the "Hell On Earth" series is finally coming out on November 27, 2009.

"Hell On Earth V" will cover Manowar's recent world tours including Germany, Norway, Spain, Finland, Russia, Romania, Turkey, USA and Canada. It will feature live performances of old and new classics such as "Gloves Of Metal", "The Crown And The Ring", "Hand Of Doom", "Hymn Of The Immortal Warrior", "Father", "God Or Man" and many others.

Director Neil Johnson adds: "Picking up where the Earthshaker left off... "Hell On Earth V" covers the amazing "Demons Dragons & Warriors Tour" complete with onstage Vikings and all the craziness that happens behind the scenes of a Manowar show. I have done my best to show new and classic songs never captured on camera before, including the much-requested "Mountains" and songs from the new EP, "Thunder In The Sky". It will be a step above "Hell On Earth IV" in quality and spectacle."

The DVD will be available for pre-sale exclusively through Manowar's official merchandise shop: The Kingdom Of Steel.

More information and ordering details coming soon!"

Source: manowar.com
Band profile: Manowar
Posted: 07.09.2009 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 138 users
07.09.2009 - 16:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I still like music by these guys, but fifth time same name of DVD? so original...maybe they are about to break another Guinness world record
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.09.2009 - 17:03
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Written by Ellrohir on 07.09.2009 at 16:19

I still like music by these guys, but fifth time same name of DVD? so original...maybe they are about to break another Guinness world record

manowar and originality? are you sure you are talking about manowar?
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
07.09.2009 - 17:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But since this it wasnt THAT bad, or?
----

07.09.2009 - 17:35
Tursti
The "long waited" sequel of... Aye, I got it!
07.09.2009 - 17:41
DayFly
Releasing a new live album every two or three weeks sure is epic. Sad thing is, there even seems to be a market for this.
07.09.2009 - 17:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by DayFly on 07.09.2009 at 17:41

Releasing a new live album every two or three weeks sure is epic. Sad thing is, there even seems to be a market for this.

Those Manowar gigs are actually the gatherings of the saddest people on the planet. I have seen strangers hugging each other in the crowd cause they were sooo happy to see Manowar. Manowar die-hard fans are even more pathetic than die-hard Kiss fans in my book.
If you really wanna throw up because of Manowar-fanboyism then go to those Magc Circle concerts in Germany. The fans there even think the ttoal crap opening acts are brilliant just because Joey says so.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2009 - 17:52
DayFly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 17:46

then go to those Magc Circle concerts in Germany

Been there. But it's not nearly that horrible, there are always a few acts on a festival that you can't expect to like but overall I enjoyed it more than Wacken.

EDIT: Btw, Manowar were actually decent and it was more of a put off to see a visibly uninvolved Blackie Lawless use about 35 minutes of his one hour stage time.
07.09.2009 - 19:20
enanox
They're half way to the star trek saga already...
----
Atmospheric metal: we forecast a flood of meaningless notes during the next 25 minutes to satisfy emos.
07.09.2009 - 23:17
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 17:46

Those Manowar gigs are actually the gatherings of the saddest people on the planet. I have seen strangers hugging each other in the crowd cause they were sooo happy to see Manowar. Manowar die-hard fans are even more pathetic than die-hard Kiss fans in my book.
If you really wanna throw up because of Manowar-fanboyism then go to those Magc Circle concerts in Germany. The fans there even think the ttoal crap opening acts are brilliant just because Joey says so.

I must be missing something here... Why do they have such an extreme, worshiping fanbase? (I never really listen to them, but they sound like a pretty average metal band to me. :/)
07.09.2009 - 23:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:17

I must be missing something here... Why do they have such an extreme, worshiping fanbase? (I never really listen to them, but they sound like a pretty average metal band to me. :/)

I don't know the reason either, but Kiss also had/has such an extreme fanbase.
My guess it has to do with the stupid barbarian image and many apparently think that that is totally masculine and true to metal
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2009 - 23:23
Symmachus
Holy crap, I didn't know Manowar were American.

Also, I couldn't help but notice the title of their song "Hand of Doom" and how Black Sabbath has a song of the same name.
07.09.2009 - 23:24
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 23:20

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:17

I don't know the reason either, but Kiss also had/has such an extreme fanbase.
My guess it has to do with the stupid barbarian image and many apparently think that that is totally masculine and true to metal

That's so... sad. I'm glad they aren't too popular around here, because I definitely don't want non-metal fans associating me with that fanbase.
07.09.2009 - 23:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:24

That's so... sad. I'm glad they aren't too popular around here, because I definitely don't want non-metal fans associating me with that fanbase.

To be honest Manowar are only extremely popular in two countries in the world (maybe three four, but am not sure about Italy and Spain) and those two, unsurprsingly are... Germany and Greece.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2009 - 23:32
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 23:28

To be honest Manowar are only extremely popular in two countries in the world (maybe three four, but am not sure about Italy and Spain) and those two, unsurprsingly are... Germany and Greece.

Yeah, I usually see one or two guys with Manowar shirts at most metal shows I go to... Let's keep it that way. Germany and Greece can keep them. XP
07.09.2009 - 23:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 23:28

Yeah, I usually see one or two guys with Manowar shirts at most metal shows I go to... Let's keep it that way. Germany and Greece can keep them. XP

since they made a point about never touring the United States i have no idea why those people persist though.

gonna download this when it comes out to see the Romania bits(some of them were posted on Youtube and i saw myself )
08.09.2009 - 00:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.09.2009 - 00:32
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Doc G. on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

enough to gain another entry in the guiness book I guess
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
08.09.2009 - 00:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite

There can never be enough Manowar dvd's to uphold their egos. So I think they will keep on releasing them till their deaths.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.09.2009 - 00:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 08.09.2009 at 00:32

Most band DVDs? I guess they could lump in the Eric Adams fishing DVD - yes, it actually does exist.
----
- George Carlin
08.09.2009 - 00:36
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Doc G. on 08.09.2009 at 00:35

Most band DVDs? I guess they could lump in the Eric Adams fishing DVD - yes, it actually does exist.

he did that? Well, I guess fishing is metal then, seeing as both he and Adrian Smith do it...
----

I am awake"
08.09.2009 - 00:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite

I think Kiss still holds the current most band dvd's record tied with Iron Maiden
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.09.2009 - 00:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 08.09.2009 at 00:36

he did that? Well, I guess fishing is metal then, seeing as both he and Adrian Smith do it...

Sorry, it's actually a wildlife DVD:
http://www.amazon.ca/Eric-Adams-Chester-Moores-Times/dp/B000FVQXEG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1252360006&sr=8-6
----
- George Carlin
08.09.2009 - 00:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
at the wildlife DVD, guess filming the video for Gloves Of Metal does that to you haha
08.09.2009 - 00:59
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Next DVD: WILDLIFE OF STEEL.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.09.2009 - 01:52
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.

Ask that to Dream Theater, they have like 2 DVD's for each studio album they release.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
08.09.2009 - 03:14
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Daggon on 08.09.2009 at 01:52

Ask that to Dream Theater, they have like 2 DVD's for each studio album they release.

I like DT, but that's also way too much if you ask me. But at least they change the titles.
----

I am awake"
08.09.2009 - 06:41
will_on_wheels
Account deleted
Look forward to that.... BTW...
08.09.2009 - 10:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am dreaming to own "The Absolute Power" dvd one day (but all shops here have sold out it already, cant find it anywhere), but definitely wont be missing this one...
----

08.09.2009 - 14:18
Lord_Regnier
Written by Valentin B on 07.09.2009 at 23:41

since they made a point about never touring the United States i have no idea why those people persist though.

In their proverbial arrogance and poserism, DeMaio & Co make it look as if it were a deliberate choice.
Truth is Manowar have never been popular in USA and Canada.
If they thought they would attract big audiences, they'd be glad to tour America and show their filthy faces everywhere. But they're pretty much nothing in America.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
08.09.2009 - 14:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 08.09.2009 at 14:18

But they're pretty much nothing in America.

Like in almost any other self-respecting metal country in the world. Why do you think they keep on toruing Germany? And can't sell-out a 2500 max capacity in The Netherlands and Belgium or Norway, Sweden, Finland?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 4950 | This month: 14