Metal Storm logo
Skitliv

10.09.2009 - 11:19
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Skitliv, or "shit life".

I imagine most of you here are at least some what familiar with this newer collaboration of black metal artists. I had read a while ago that Maniac was doing some thing new but for some reason thought it was more along the lines of punk and thus avoided checking it out until a few nights ago. For those who don't know, it features Maniac on vocals and rythem guitar, accompanied by Kvarforth also on guitar.

Debut album to be released in October (Euro) and November (US) of this year, but you can find the demo on their home site, or you can search blog sites for a compilation of the demo with some decent quality live tracks entitled "Amfetamin".

Personally, I can't stop listening to it and very much look forward to the release of "Skandinavisk Misantropi".

10.09.2009 - 12:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I reda about this band in MS news, now soemhwo Im interest into it but I dont think I will listen it more how one time
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.09.2009 - 20:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I reviewed their demo some time ago. For me they can go either way: arrogant bullshit or chaotic brilliance. I'm curious. But also a little skeptical.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.09.2009 - 11:30
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Bad English: If you like Maniac and Kvarforth it's worth checking out. It has some of the guitar noise/technicality as in Shining but with simple rock like riffs and vocals commonly done by Maniac; depressive-ambient-black-rock?

Lucas: I'd say it's more chaotic brilliance, in a sense. It's some form of DSBM, fairly simple for the most part. I've always enjoyed Maniacs vocals, so for him to have his own hard band is interesting to hear, unlike Sehnsucht which was just too soft, and not like Opeth or Drudkh soft (folk albums for both).
12.09.2009 - 00:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bitter Dawn on 11.09.2009 at 11:30

Bad English: If you like Maniac and Kvarforth it's worth checking out. It has some of the guitar noise/technicality as in Shining but with simple rock like riffs and vocals commonly done by Maniac; depressive-ambient-black-rock?

Well this band belong to those like lucas sad it can be totaly shit or trotal masterpiece, I would not worry about Darktrone , Emperor, Darkwod My Bethroned ... new albums or some other band sbut there such chategory I can like one CD and next 10 be not good, same this one, I will tell when I hear it, but I dunno if I buy it, try get in i net we will see , I have my taste and suggest and get into X band is hard, I need hear my self
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.09.2009 - 09:52
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Bad English on 12.09.2009 at 00:38

Written by Bitter Dawn on 11.09.2009 at 11:30

Well this band belong to those like lucas sad it can be totaly shit or trotal masterpiece, I would not worry about Darktrone , Emperor, Darkwod My Bethroned ... new albums or some other band sbut there such chategory I can like one CD and next 10 be not good, same this one, I will tell when I hear it, but I dunno if I buy it, try get in i net we will see , I have my taste and suggest and get into X band is hard, I need hear my self

Understandable man, be the judge yourself as there's no other way to be.

Here's where to get a taste of it, http://svartkveld.blogspot.com/2008/03/skitliv-amfetamin-ep-2008.html

I unfortunately, rarely buy cds anymore but, this one as well as the new Fenriz/Nattefrost split are two new albums that I personally think are worth the cash, just my opinion though.
22.09.2009 - 17:12
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
New album out in Europe Oct. 19, and in November for North America.
22.09.2009 - 17:26
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Written by Bitter Dawn on 22.09.2009 at 17:12

New album out in Europe Oct. 19, and in November for North America.

November 17 in your country
23.09.2009 - 09:15
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Yeah, smell USA. That's alright though, to get any decent music one has to order online any ways so, it would be best to just order it for the October release date. This is one album I think would be worth buying, should be interesting to hear Attila and Gaahl working with Maniac.
17.10.2009 - 11:50
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
For those interested that may wish to sample more of the album before commiting to order, "Skandinavisk Misantropi" is available three days early if you know where to look. There's a slightly differant version of "Slow Pain Coming" as the second track, it's a bit slower than the spring mix but, still good. Haven't got a chance to listen to the rest quite yet!
21.10.2009 - 02:03
Daniel
Skitliv are great. Manic and Kvarforth in the same band, cant go wrong.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
12.11.2009 - 22:10
Ginnung
"Skandinavisk Misantropi" is an interesting album. The guitars were actually recorded at my Ginnung Studios one year ago, and the result went out well, I think. The music is rather original.