Metal Storm logo
Astriaal - Atmospheric BM from Australia - mp3s

21.07.2006 - 13:06
Judas
The Amputator
Astriaal are a Brisbane-based Black Metal band; I was just wondering how many others out there heard them or even heard of them. They play pretty standard BM, quite atmospheric and with some really good riffing. It's not really radically avant-garde or anything, but they play stuff that's been done before really well. They're currently on an extended hiatus, but assert that they haven't disbanded. Their debut full-length is entitled 'Renascent Misanthropy', and was released in 2003.

For full-length streams, visit their website:

http://www.elementalist.net/astriaal/
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
22.07.2006 - 07:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've heard this band...I've only heard the album Renascent Misanthropy but from what I heard from that they have some repititive droning stuff that might come across as tedious but it works...you can't really hear the vocals that well in a lot of their material but black metal compositions are pretty intense and extreme from beginning to end...that violen thing went on on that last track for a bit too long but I guess that's what makes it atmopsheric and grim or something...
22.07.2006 - 17:52
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I dont know if its because they're Australian that makes me like them or what.... but I enjoy their sound. Nothing that hasnt been done before but its pretty hard to win those stripes now days, but they created a nice atmosphere that was erie, and I particulary liked the guitars riffs they came up with on 'Renascent Misanthropy'. Although, as said above, I was disappointed with the vocals which were hard to hear, and it did become a little repetitive at times.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
24.07.2006 - 06:02
Judas
The Amputator
----
24.07.2006 - 12:28
*Septic_Schizo*
Account deleted
i have Renascent Misanthropy, and i think its a classic Australian BM album
07.09.2006 - 17:01
Hyvaarin

Astriaal are great, and played excellently when I saw them earlier this year. Furthermore, my Astriaal shirt is one of the coolest I have .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
07.09.2006 - 18:32
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Hyvaarin on 07.09.2006 at 17:01

Astriaal are great, and played excellently when I saw them earlier this year. Furthermore, my Astriaal shirt is one of the coolest I have .

Goddammit that is certainly one hell of an awesome shirt. I want one too.
----
03.01.2007 - 15:04
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Thought there'd be a bit more people here that might of heard Astriaal.

Not suprising that most of us are Australian lol, come on people worth checking out
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.03.2007 - 12:32
Judas
The Amputator
They're opening for Arcturus in 2 weeks here in Brisbane, it's so good, all three bands are brilliant - Virgin Black, Astriaal, Arcturus. Doesn't get much better!
----
15.03.2007 - 15:01
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@Judas - Lucky bastard
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.05.2007 - 13:05
A.J Thunder

WOW! People acctually know about Astriaal, i been thinking im the only one . I bought Renascent Misanthropy just because it was cheap and i was ordering some other albums i wanted. And this became the moust played album of those that came with that order and an really good album i found myself listening now years back from time to time.

The production is great and it suits this kind of music perfectly. These guys are really skilled musicians and i think its those killer riffs and the nice drumming that makes em so great. The vocals are good too and you can hear them wery well, if the vocals were more of that background screaming i dont think it would be really good. An really good example of great modern black metal. Sadly i havent come across any of their older material wich would be really intresting to hear.
07.05.2007 - 16:06
Judas
The Amputator
Written by A.J Thunder on 07.05.2007 at 13:05

WOW! People acctually know about Astriaal, i been thinking im the only one . I bought Renascent Misanthropy just because it was cheap and i was ordering some other albums i wanted. And this became the moust played album of those that came with that order and an really good album i found myself listening now years back from time to time.

The production is great and it suits this kind of music perfectly. These guys are really skilled musicians and i think its those killer riffs and the nice drumming that makes em so great. The vocals are good too and you can hear them wery well, if the vocals were more of that background screaming i dont think it would be really good. An really good example of great modern black metal. Sadly i havent come across any of their older material wich would be really intresting to hear.

I have some tracks from their demos, PM me if you want them. As for them being talented, man you should see their guitarists when they play live, their tremolo is pretty much at the limits of possibility. Their drummer looks like Vintersorg though. It's cool that non-Aussies know who they are too, big bonus for the scene in Brissie!
----
07.05.2007 - 17:23
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by A.J Thunder on 07.05.2007 at 13:05

WOW! People acctually know about Astriaal, i been thinking im the only one .

Yeah 4 people who are in the same country and 2 others who know their metal haha
Shouldnt be so suprised, they are an excellent band. Just wish they'd do an all Australia tour or something.. or just come down to Tassie :
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.05.2007 - 17:24
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Judas on 07.05.2007 at 16:06

I have some tracks from their demos, PM me if you want them. Their drummer looks like Vintersorg though.

Where'd you find them? I'll PM you.
Vintersorg!! Thats who he reminds me of too, glad some else thinks it
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.05.2007 - 07:52
A.J Thunder

i'll pm you too when i get an internet connection home
22.02.2008 - 20:30
NOИ

I have their album, reminds me Limbonic Art (the Ultimate Death Worship album) but without symphonic parts. I don't know what they're doing right now, hope they're active and making another album cause they were really good!
20.05.2008 - 11:45
ICS_Rhys
Account deleted
I really liked these guys when I saw them live - opening for Arcturus, and also I think it was Festival Of The Dead.

I later got a copy of Renascent Misanthropy. It seemed over-produced to me. I like a more raw sound. Maybe it's just me but I think the music loses part of it's soul when everything sounds perfect and nice.

Cool band though, and I'll definately catch them live whenever I can.
21.05.2008 - 10:04
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
ive heard their album - and its really good prob the best australian black metal ive heard - mind you i havent heard much...

glories of the nightsky is a great song
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
23.05.2008 - 10:53
ICS_Rhys
Account deleted
Have you heard Gospel Of The Horns? They're one of my fav Aussie BM bands... It's got a real dirty rock n' roll vibe to it.

Awesome!
24.05.2008 - 03:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Holy shit, their guitarist is savage tbh.
25.05.2008 - 11:08
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Guest on 23.05.2008 at 10:53

Have you heard Gospel Of The Horns? They're one of my fav Aussie BM bands... It's got a real dirty rock n' roll vibe to it.

Awesome!

It's called Black Thrash.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
26.05.2008 - 06:04
ICS_Rhys
Account deleted
Thanks smarty pants I know what it's called - but it looks like our friend BurbotsRevenge may not have heard much Black Thrash.
26.05.2008 - 12:00
TheBigRossowski

Damn it all to hell! I can't listen to any of the files from the link and their myspace is under going services! AHHH!!!! I'll be sure to check it out though, I'm reading a bit about them and they have a pretty cool logo too.

And I've heard of Gospel of the Horns, but haven't given it much a listen either!

Myspace is up again and I listened to the songs! Pretty good shit! "Glories of the Nightsky" is definitely badass! Thanks for info!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
01.12.2008 - 22:03
A.J Thunder

After a long break i listened to Renascent Misanthropy again and some of their other songs on myspace and got really intresed in geting their other material (i own Renascent)

Problem is that i can findt anything apart from Renascent anywhere. So i thought i´ll ask here if anybody could link some distributions mailorder where some of their older material would be awailable.