Metal Storm logo
Diablo Swing Orchestra

Original post

Posted by K✞ulu, 16.09.2009 - 21:47
Can't believe the thread hasn't been created yet. After the boom that Diablo Swing Orchestra debut had made, this band got quite a following. The preview for the new album was streamed for 24 hours a couple of days ago, so that we could get the taste of it. I have listened to it quick a few times, and I must say that Sing-Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious has some great moments, but compared to The Butcher's Ballroom, it just doesn't stand out. The debut was so catchy and mind-blowing, but the new one just can't hold the candle. So... discuss...
07.02.2010 - 06:26
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by the stranger on 21.01.2010 at 00:00

Written by Guest on 18.01.2010 at 17:12

Sing Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious it pretty great in my opinion. It's different than the previous one, but it doesn't say anything.. Also for me it's one of those albums that it takes time to get used to, and so far I love the process.

I loved it from the first time I heard it.

Me too, I like the fact that the length of the album is not as tedious as the first one (I'm not saying the first album sucks, actually is reaaaally good, but sometimes I find it too long).
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
08.02.2010 - 21:17
the stranger
Written by Daggon on 07.02.2010 at 06:26

Written by the stranger on 21.01.2010 at 00:00

Written by Guest on 18.01.2010 at 17:12

Sing Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious it pretty great in my opinion. It's different than the previous one, but it doesn't say anything.. Also for me it's one of those albums that it takes time to get used to, and so far I love the process.

I loved it from the first time I heard it.

Me too, I like the fact that the length of the album is not as tedious as the first one (I'm not saying the first album sucks, actually is reaaaally good, but sometimes I find it too long).

I get what you mean. Somehow the first album doesn't flow as good as the latest one.
13.02.2010 - 09:14
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I listened to the new album a few days ago again and I failed to see anything special in it yet again. The same favorite moments stuck out: the last two minutes of Lucy Fears the Morning Star and the last three and a half minutes of Stratosphere Serenade. The rest of the material, no matter how crazy they tried to make it, is not memorable and just cannot hold a candle to The Butcher's Ballroom...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy