Metal Storm logo
Gus G. and Ozzy

25.09.2009 - 03:05
Urizen367
So, as you may or may not know, Gus G. is now the lead guitarist for Ozzy's solo thing. I think it's a good combination, and i'm glad to see zakk wylde out. i personally thought zakk was tryin to turn ozzy's band into BLS Jr.

i saw a few videos of gus playing with ozzy, and gus does a great job. he and ozzy have a good chemistry, and gus brings that raw energy to the band, that he's been known to have. one thing that has been irritating me. a lot of american reports/interviews keep stating Gus G. as Ex-firewind guitarist. kinda irritates me as an american. it's like unless your already in a huge band, you cant play in more than one band. but whatever. what are your thoughts on this?
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
25.09.2009 - 07:46
warrior_of_ice
Gus is certainly not an ex-Firewind guitarist. He will be making great music with Firewind once again however time will for sure be divided with Ozzy. Im actually looking forward to how he can rejuvenate Ozzy because the last couple albums with Zakk were under par. My only concern now is that Gus will get all the attention as being, "Ozzy's guitarist" while Firewind's musical brilliance will be left in the shadows.
25.09.2009 - 11:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
This should be an interesting mix for sure...don't know what else to say. I don't think there's going to be any middle ground on this - it's either going to sound amazing, or sound atrocious, either way I'm excited to hear the results.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.09.2009 - 22:09
DIO Is God
Account deleted
I personally think that Zakk Wylde is a horrible guitarist, and am really happy to see Gus G. in his spot. Gus is an incredible guitarist, and he will hopefully bring back some moments like there use to be with Rhandy (R.I.P.).
26.09.2009 - 13:26
Crème fraiche
Wow grats to Gus G. I'm hoping it turns out great, and I hope he can still churn out killer Firewind albums!
26.09.2009 - 13:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well when I saw BLS and Ozzy live newer songs whit Zakk realy muisc sounds lil like BLS , seems Ozzy's role is singing only, maybe writing texts but muisc all is in Zakk and so they make it to BLS sound even BLS is much better how Ozzy sounding like BLS
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2009 - 17:23
Juancarg
Well. I think gus g is a great guitarist. I remember the disk of dream evil, the book of heavy metal, which Gus drove us crazy with his solos. Anyway, I don't think that if they take a record, "the expected return of a large disk of ozzy" not going to be a big difference. Looked very much like Zakk Wylde in my opinion. In his form of play guitars. And... being honest ... I wanted it to be john 5!:-|
That was my opinion. Just wanted to share.

METAL!!:banger2::banger2:
21.10.2009 - 20:09
soadbyob
Account deleted
If this really is ozzy's last album (i dont beleive it is, but the guys lucky to be living this long), i hope gus g brings a lot of death metal playing in (i saw him when he played for arch enemy), maybe ozzy can have a good "evil" album, by modern day standards