Metal Storm logo
Warp Zone vs Day Into Night

Poll

Which of these two Technical Death Metal masterpieces do you prefer ?

Day Into Night (by Quo Vadis)
Warp Zone (by Martyr)

Total votes: 6
25.09.2009 - 22:38
Guib
Thrash Talker
Hi to all Technical Death Metal lovers, heres a little album battle for you guys to enjoy and talk about.

First of all, I decided to create this thread because I enjoy the sound of those two masterpieces
and also, Quo Vadis and Martyr are two of my favorite Canadian bands and also Technical Death metal bands.

Since both album came out around the same time (2000), I thought it would be interesting for everyone
to see which one has more influence on our wonderful Metal Storm community (Cheesy as hell).

Personally, I think my choice would be Day Into Night, why ?
1. I love every songs on this album (No Lie).
2. This album had a great influence on my musical tastes.
and 3. Hunter/Killer and On The Shores of Ithaka are probably my favorite Death Metal songs.

Frankly it was hard for me to pick one because Martyr had such a great influence on me aswell, they are crazy musicians
and Warp Zone is simply amazing (Virtual Emotions, for life)

So thats about it, cant wait to hear everyones opinion on the subject, have fun
oh and please, dont pop here with the intention of flaming one of those two band for the fun of it, thats just sad
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
26.09.2009 - 01:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Simply I cant choose becaus I have heard both but QV its be maybe 4-5 times but Martyr only one so and it was years ago , so I cant be objectiv so I left my vote for other time
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2009 - 13:19
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Bad English on 26.09.2009 at 01:14

Simply I cant choose becaus I have heard both but QV its be maybe 4-5 times but Martyr only one so and it was years ago , so I cant be objectiv so I left my vote for other time

Yeah, when you only listened once to an album you cant really make up your mind.
I understand your decision

I suggest you listen to Warp Zone a few times and come back lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.10.2011 - 06:07
Guib
Thrash Talker
Am I really one of the few who actually enjoys those 2 masterpieces what the heck guys !
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.10.2011 - 13:41
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 17.10.2011 at 06:07

Am I really one of the few who actually enjoys those 2 masterpieces what the heck guys !

Don't worry, JD came to rescue your poll.

Well I like both albums, in fact I gave both albums a 9, and although Warp Zone is the best album by Martyr in my opinion, but I voted for Day Into Night, there is something special about it.
17.10.2011 - 15:03
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 17.10.2011 at 13:41

Written by Guib on 17.10.2011 at 06:07

Don't worry, JD came to rescue your poll.

Well I like both albums, in fact I gave both albums a 9, and although Warp Zone is the best album by Martyr in my opinion, but I voted for Day Into Night, there is something special about it.

Yeah you're right, Martyr did great on Warp Zone, their other 2 albums are good but nothing compared to it. But idk, Day Into Night is such a fantastic album and it has one of my favorite song on it *On The Shores Of Ithaka*.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.10.2011 - 02:47
king_matt

I've heard Day Into Night and I'm listening to Warp Zone now and I must say it's been better so far.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
20.10.2011 - 03:36
king_matt

Yep, Warp Zone it is.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt