Metal Storm logo
Your Internet Evolution

25.09.2009 - 23:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We have topics how you start listen metal, your muisc evolution, also about i net browsers, so how about ''how you start use i net''

Well my story is short, it was beck in 2000/2001 in school even I have old PC at home, so in school when they show us how use power point and such programs, I always looked something for muisc, and football, my firts fav site was liveonsat and still is, those days I wrote down on paper TV channel and game , since we can use school PC 2 hours
I didnt like PC and i net beck then, I lived ''real life'' even we all know nowdays its in i net

So beck in 2003 I have i net at home, it was dial up, and limited time , weekends was cheep , but work dayes quate expencice, there was like 1-2 min in work days and 2 h in weekend, I just saved all waht I could band names, lyrics, all what I could then read it and look

2004 when I firts time come to Swe I get i net deasies here it was all time, so blackmetalradio, gothmetal.net, doom-metal.com it was my life 2005 I discovere Metal-Atrchives

2005 I get even slow but 24/7 i net in Lv , it was dunno werry slow, but at 2005 late 2005 It was like its now same speed even like all sytem was new there was brakes n disconection, in Lv 2007 they repair n make it werry good, now so rom 2005 Im each day on net, muisc, ms, ma, myspace, ewerything its like never ending trasure box, so I would say my real life in i net starts at 2005 but in 2004 I was babtaised in i net world

How about you?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.09.2009 - 23:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Went on the Internet in 1990. My university was the first in the Netherlands to give students e-mail-addresses.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2009 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.09.2009 at 23:47

Went on the Internet in 1990. My university was the first in the Netherlands to give students e-mail-addresses.

lol how it looked like , wasnt post mail easer understand n use beck then?
Watching old USA films about 80's PC all looks weird n primitive
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2009 - 00:20
Ragana
Rawrcat
I got my personal computer in 2001 but Internet... in 2005 or smth. Anyway, my friend kinda forced me to sign up on some HP/LOTR forum, so I started this forum-ing thing. Since then I've changed forums from one to another - together more than 10. That's a pretty cool thing 'cause I've met lots of different people and so. Anyway, I learned what is Skype and I still can't live without it.
I'm also on the 'coolest' social networks such as MySpace, Facebook and the local ones, so, umh, yeah. Evolution, lol.

Oh, and I still haven't changed my internet provider. It's very good. No dial-ups, no stupid modems - just Internet.
26.09.2009 - 00:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 26.09.2009 at 00:20

I got my personal computer in 2001 but Internet... in 2005 or smth. Anyway, my friend kinda forced me to sign up on some HP/LOTR forum, so I started this forum-ing thing. Since then I've changed forums from one to another - together more than 10. That's a pretty cool thing 'cause I've met lots of different people and so. Anyway, I learned what is Skype and I still can't live without it.
I'm also on the 'coolest' social networks such as MySpace, Facebook and the local ones, so, umh, yeah. Evolution, lol.

Oh, and I still haven't changed my internet provider. It's very good. No dial-ups, no stupid modems - just Internet.

In Lv I have apollo and I never had complain whit it, Ls 15 + free pfone , awesome
in Swe hmm Telia I think I have telia
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2009 - 01:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
2001. I was 11 years old and moving out of the town I was born and raised in, the place I lived all of my life. I needed a way to keep in contact with my childhood chums, didn't really do a good job at it. lol.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.09.2009 - 03:37
tulkas
el parcero
All I remember is I got internet at home way later than everyone else. At school we had internet and the other people from class had it at home as well, but I was one of the few, if not maybe the only one, who didn't have it at home. When I got it at home, a friend helped me open an msn account and I had messenger since then. Don't remember when all that was, but it was nothing strange. Just started off google-ing stuff and just finding websites I liked. Now I'm some sort of addict...
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
26.09.2009 - 07:35
Zuzuz0r

The first time I used internet was at elementary school, but we only used for things that the teacher told us to do, I remember it was slow as hell, but we didn't used it too much, and most of us didn't had internet at home. Then, like at 11 or 12, I used my dad's PC, which it had internet, I browsed lots of websites about videogames, at that time if I'm not mistaken, N64 and PSX were the shit, then my brother and I got our first personal computer, we shared it, but he used it a lot more than I, so, he was more into internet stuff than I was, then he showed me some chat channels who were in spanish(LatinChat, does everyone in Latin America remember when it was the shit?), there were anime and manga channels there, so, I used to chat there, then I started to use internet more and more, I used to browse anime and manga forums for a long time, and even became kinda popular in some of those forums, I also used to download lots of console emulators and roms. Then, I knew about MSN Messenger, but at first I wasn't so interested in it, but well, nowadays I use it, then Metal came, and the same stuff with it, browse a lot of information about it, search for mp3, etc...., then MMORPGS came, and also social networks, youtube, etc..., so nowadays, I use it for lots of things, MSN, forums, youtube, wikipedia, MMORPGS, google, last.fm, music, and the list goes on, so, that's kinda the story of how I became addict to internet, I guess many of us don't know how our life will be without it, lol.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
26.09.2009 - 09:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I had my first computer in 97 and my first taste of teh internetz was in 1999/2000 or something when my neighbor surfed the cartoon network website hahahah, i also went with my dad to this bookstore which was also an internet-cafe for a few times, then in 2003 my sister started extensively using that shit so naturally i was hooked too.
26.09.2009 - 11:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by tulkas on 26.09.2009 at 03:37

All I remember is I got internet at home way later than everyone else. At school we had internet and the other people from class had it at home as well, but I was one of the few, if not maybe the only one, who didn't have it at home. When I got it at home, a friend helped me open an msn account and I had messenger since then. Don't remember when all that was, but it was nothing strange. Just started off google-ing stuff and just finding websites I liked. Now I'm some sort of addict...

I have PC lil leitehr maybe 2 years how others have
Seems nowdays those who ha sno PC are so ''cool'' how 6 years ago those who was PC then
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2009 - 13:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
it must be about 6 or 7 years back, I started with dial-up internet at home while there was a tax per every started period (one bout 3 mins) so i always have to check time and can visit internet only during weekends (when it was cheaper)...so i often stayed long in school, where pcs with wi-fi internet (horribly slow) was free to attend each day until 16:00...then finally we bought DSL line at home with monthly tax and all become fine...today i still run with this DSL, though we are considering change, because it is awfully unstable...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.09.2009 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2009 at 13:10

it must be about 6 or 7 years back, I started with dial-up internet at home while there was a tax per every started period (one bout 3 mins) so i always have to check time and can visit internet only during weekends (when it was cheaper)...so i often stayed long in school, where pcs with wi-fi internet (horribly slow) was free to attend each day until 16:00...then finally we bought DSL line at home with monthly tax and all become fine...today i still run with this DSL, though we are considering change, because it is awfully unstable...

Same her
weekdays it was 4 santims per minute after 20:00 2 santims but weekends it was 1min santium leither 4 min santhim and leither 1h for for 1 santim and then start counting and finaly DSL comes and live is good like nowdays
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2009 - 17:46
Ernis
狼獾
I started to use internet in 2004....well...I had previously touched it at school and library before.....I was a very very bad internet user....
26.09.2009 - 23:20
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've been using the internet since 1994 although my father used to work for Apple in the late 70s/early 80s and always had all this crazy technology around and I could have been "online" when I was younger but didn't care...
27.09.2009 - 13:37
FOOCK Nam

Been in i-net since 2002, extreme addicted from 2005-late 2009, now I am using it less, I think I at least 90% quit, hope I success quitting it.

@the creator of topic: now, UNTIL nowadays, how many hours you using i-net in a day?
27.09.2009 - 16:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2009 at 13:10

it must be about 6 or 7 years back, I started with dial-up internet at home

hahhaha, i remember that shit, i used to surf the web incognito and then worry about my mother calling home and finding the phone line was in use, then she'd give me hell about using the internet or talking on the phone way too much haha. good times.
27.09.2009 - 16:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.09.2009 at 13:37

@the creator of topic: now, UNTIL nowadays, how many hours you using i-net in a day?

24/7 but moustly whyile Im awake, at night PC is of, so same prise + free pfone, use how much you wanna
----

apos;'
[image]
28.09.2009 - 13:44
Baz Anderson

I don't remember the year when me and my brother got our first computer. I was in secondary school, the early years of it, so probably 1999, 2000 sort of area.
I didn't do much on it apart from go to a chatroom where I knew a few people at first. When in secondary school and on the computers I would search a bunch of sites I guess, and when I was in college in 2004 I found Metal Storm.

I don't think I joined right away because I had never joined any kind of community/forum like this before. Eventually I did though. I remember I found Metal Storm because I was looking for a website that listed all the new and upcoming releases I might be interested in. No-where seemed to do that, and although it wasn't perfect here then, it was the best I could find.

I started quite reserved but then started posting more and getting more involved - and here I am now. Wow, 2004 is so long ago.
28.09.2009 - 13:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 28.09.2009 at 13:44

I don't remember the year when me and my brother got our first computer. I was in secondary school, the early years of it, so probably 1999, 2000 sort of area.
I didn't do much on it apart from go to a chatroom where I knew a few people at first. When in secondary school and on the computers I would search a bunch of sites I guess, and when I was in college in 2004 I found Metal Storm.

I don't think I joined right away because I had never joined any kind of community/forum like this before. Eventually I did though. I remember I found Metal Storm because I was looking for a website that listed all the new and upcoming releases I might be interested in. No-where seemed to do that, and although it wasn't perfect here then, it was the best I could find.

I started quite reserved but then started posting more and getting more involved - and here I am now. Wow, 2004 is so long ago.

I found metalstorm, when I search ToN info, I and father saw video ''eweryting dies'' , then somehow we search about Brainstorm
It was 2004 something maybe 2003 but not shore, so I didnt use site , but 2005 summer in Sweden I look more n more, then join, and make shit since I was alcoholic then''

So man no 2004 was not long ago, but 1994 was lol I even have weird memories about 1989 1990
----

apos;'
[image]
28.09.2009 - 15:04
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
We got our first PC in 1995, my dad brought it back after work and me and my brother were so excited, we used to fight to use it. I got my first laptop in 2000m, before starting Uni, and my dad got internet soon after, it was very slow, I remember it taking like 15 minutes to download one song. When I got my own place in 2003, I immediately got broadband and a new PC, I started downloading like crazy, I didn't have money to buy CDs anymore so internet was the only way. In 2006, I started my own website dedicated to horror movies, I founded a partnership with Warner Bros., promoting their latest releases. I joined my first forum in 2007, a horror one. When I moved back to England last year, I had to give up my website as I could no longer afford the hosting nor did I have internet to update the site on a regular basis. I joined Facebook last year, I always tended to avoid social platforms but I saw Facebook as a way of keeping in contact with my family and friends back in France. Earlier this year I got internet again and stumbled across MS, which is the first forum I really feel confortable with, I've got talking to some cool people and now share other social platforms with some of them (RYM, LastFM).
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
28.09.2009 - 15:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Haddonfield on 28.09.2009 at 15:04

I remember it taking like 15 minutes to download one song.

it is still taking 15 minutes from some sources...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.09.2009 - 15:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 28.09.2009 at 15:19

Its true try some Russian, Azerbainjan, Chilean, Columbian etc sites legal sites
mp3.pl mp3.de mikseri.fi it takes half minute, but other this ''retired'' countries it takes 15min till hour get one legal song
----

apos;'
[image]
28.09.2009 - 16:42
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

I was talking about fast downloading sites, it now takes me less than 5 minutes for an album.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
09.10.2009 - 03:53
Raiden
Down Under Staff
When I was about 11 I think my primary school got a whole bunch of computers through some charity thing I think. They got a dial-up connection going to them all and we all learnt how to send emails and that sort of thing. It wasn't until a few years later that my family got our first PC (a K6 500MHz with a 10GB HDD and 64MB RAM). We had a dial-up connection that we used up until about last year (as where we were we couldn't get broadband). So after about six frustrating years of broadband use, our Government brought in a scheme where people who couldn't get broadband could get a rebate on satellite Internet. So we got a 1MB connection via that. Which needless to say was so much better haha. Now I've moved out and we have a 1.5MB connection which we're hopefully going to upgrade to ADSL2 soon!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
19.10.2009 - 06:41
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Had the first home PC in 1998 when I complained to my parents that I was the slowest person in class to type out an essay in computer at school lol (true though). Along with the PC came the internet which was quite cool, but it was snail band and I was young so I didn't really know what to do with it other than download free games like pin-ball and pacman, then later emulators for handheld platforms when my parents won't buy me one.

started going to forums in 2002 for a game (probs already had broadband at that time), then stopped in 2004 when that forum crashed. Also started using MSN in 2002. Got bored in 2006 and that game forum came back on, so joined again and has been on forums again and at some point been active in at least 5 at the same time. Now only visit 3 regularly including MS, though MS is the only music related forum, but I also enjoy here a lot as there are many funny people round here and a great place to find out about new music (=

Made quite a few solid net friends throughout the years (one dates back 7 years already). I think I can make some here too. I'll give it some time as this community is big
----
loves 小巫
20.10.2009 - 15:01
Hamird
Lieutenant

I downloaded more than 7 GB with my dial-up connection with average speed of 5 kb per sec. That's about 3 years ago..

I got my first internet connection about the year 2002 or 2003.. Then I just searched in Google and Yahoo for anything I wanted.. Mostly about bands which I knew at the time.. I'd no idea about any websites, but when I found here then I easily searched bands here.. And in these years MS was the only community that I've joined (+ one local community)..
09.02.2010 - 00:26
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I first got onto the internet way back in 1998, I believe. Back then, we had a dial-up modem and used Windows 95. Around 2001, I was using the computer to play Starcraft. Then I got into metal, and I downloaded so many metal songs that I got my own computer. I didn't actually participate in the internet community until June 2005 when I joined Metal Storm. Around the beginning of 2006, I discovered hentai, and my life changed forever.