06. Howl Of The Demons
07. Reborn In Chaos
08. The Holy Inquisition
09. God's Executioner

Death/Thrash metal
Recorded: DPF Studio, Italy 2008
Label: SG Records
Total Running Time: 50:55

There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight. Especially when he's inviting me to some shabby looking circus tent where anthems of hate are the background music to his disturbing stage act. You know it, the debut of this Italian band promises to be a little spectacle. A killer spectacle to be precise.

Let's get this show on the road. Crehated's intentions and qualities come shining through right at the outset. Frantic as the creepy evil clown on the cover, this is one hell of a thrash assault. On Anthems Of Hate, Crehated's attitude is that of a seasoned poker pro at the world series; fairly tight with a healthy dose of aggression when it has to. What we have here is an old school spirit blended (or should I say enriched) with modern sounding grooves. More than that, Anthems Of Hate is full of riff-based songs, containing shifting tempos and enough solos to keep its audience entertained the whole way through.

As mentioned, thrash is the order of the day here. However, Crehated, although being loyal to the thrash metal feel, seems to be a band not afraid to wander beyond the borders of the genre... in the direction of death metal that is. Several death metal elements are indeed incorporated on Anthems Of Hate; greatest example are the vocals. As a matter of fact, in some of these songs thrash metal and mid-paced death metal almost come head to head. But Crehated do manage to bridge the gap between death metal and thrash metal without entirely butchering the essential nature of the latter - something I cannot help but approve.

Anthems Of Hate turns out to be quite the enjoyable release. Enjoyable, but not really breaking new ground. You see, Crehated's only problem is they aren't really awash in originality. But then again, a debut album with such an in-your-whiteface attitude deserves to be given some credit.

Almost a year has passed since the release of Crehated's debut. A debut with potential, that much we know by now. Yet still no word about a follow-up record. Weird. I can only suspect the creepy evil clown has something to do with it. In the Violent Circus (must check out track!), nobody can hear you scream.

Written by Thryce | 25.09.2009

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 71 users
26.09.2009 - 05:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Terrible name, will only check out if i've been drinking.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.09.2009 - 21:41
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Written by LeChron James on 26.09.2009 at 05:51

Terrible name, will only check out if i've been drinking.

Yeah, this album is perfect in beer fests

Hits total: 4022 | This month: 6