Metal Storm logo
Love songs recommendation and discussion

27.09.2009 - 11:25
FOOCK Nam

Just been in Love, so I want to know more Love songs, both metal or all other genres.

The current Love songs I like best:
-Small Town by The Rasmus, it is more on other side but somewhat make me feel like in beautiful moment.
-I'm Yours, damn this song is exact my IN LOVE song when I stayed in the therapy hospital, it is mixed by raggage and beat and maybe R'n'B, though I am not much knowledgable about it, it is very good but I can not find or download it from internet, dont know why.
-Lovers' Grief by Empyrium, very good song, lyric, more on lovelorn, and the infinitive emotion.
-All About you, by McFly, just played this song few days ago even I have had it on my laptop long time ago. It is good in music but lyric, so so, I feel like too Pop-ish lyric.
-Sadness And Hate by Wintersun, listen to it and read the lyric, I GIVE MY LIFE TO YOU, you see.
-Ghost Of Love, Livin' In A World Without You, by The Rasmus, not bad.
and some more, that is all.

Now, Recommendation:
-I expect variety wide range of all genre, but mostly I prefer rock, reggage, emo, metal, acceptable R'n'B if I can digest it, I hope so, I will try if its lyric is good, pop is ok but not much from my preference.
-lyric: not too much like pop-ish: I love you forever, juliet & romeo, kissing, etc, I prefer lyric like in The Rasmus, or like from Wintersun, mixing emotion personal struggle, or society problem, etc.. in the whole concept of LOVE theme. But if you do not know much that kind of what I want, do not worry, feel FREE to recommend any love song you like.
-Well, I expect and appreciate to know more LOVE songs which are lean towards more positive, Small Town and I'm Your are those kinds, Lover's Grief is a bit depressed and painful, Sadness And Hate is depressed but less painful than the previous.

Disscussion:
I want you to say why you like the song you recommend both music and lyric: the feeling you have, even what is in your mind when you listen to that song. No matter what it is paranoia or just positive imagination.
-To me the song Small Town: the lyric is very applying to me, emotion, thought, etc, the music is good I like the vocal, guitar. When I listen to that song, damn I paranoianize like I staying in a Small town, survive from the stupid community or the people want to turn me donw, and then living there with my LOVE.
-The song I'm Yours, reggage, and maybe radio version, simply it is the song while I fall IN LOVE, I like it more on the music and vocal.
-Lover's Grief: damn, both music, specially piano, bass tone vocal, screaming, and lyric, very good and a bit depressed.
-Sadness And Hate: yeah, very metal, and thoughtful lyric, and the last words is really great, I GIVE MY LIFE TO YOU.

Enough words, Now, your turn.

EDIT of Update: Now I still keep the whole theme of the thread, but want to add more that you can FREELY add Depressed LOVE songs or pessimistic and LOVELORN songs. Utnil now, I just add my feeling in I Love Thee by Saturnus, Ode To Melancholy by Empyrium, and again Sadness And Hate by Wintersun. Especially the third on, read the lyric, Well you can Feel like song of Suicide for LOVE. Yeah currently now it is my own Life's Movie soundtrack.
27.09.2009 - 13:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Edguy - Land Of The Miracle
great ballad i want to be played one day on my wedding

Aerosmith - I Dont Wanna Miss A Thing
immortal classics, no other words needed
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.09.2009 - 13:19
FOOCK Nam

Written by Ellrohir on 27.09.2009 at 13:08

Edguy - Land Of The Miracle
great ballad i want to be played one day on my wedding

Aerosmith - I Dont Wanna Miss A Thing
immortal classics, no other words needed

Keeping in mind the Eduy one. The Aerosmith one, yeah, dude, thanx for reminding me, once I cried in a night when listening to it.
27.09.2009 - 15:30
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Stratovarius - Forever (very soft, acoustic and beautiful romantic song)
Queen - Too Much Love Will Kill You (pop/rock ballad with great guitar solo), Bijou (just keys and wonderful guitar, Freddie sings only in the middle of the song)
Freedom Call - Turn Back Time (not very original lyrics, but overall the song is so sweet)
Europe - I'll Cry For You; Meat Loaf - I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth) - play the video, it's also fantastic
And the last one from me is My Dying Bride - Sear Me III (not a real love song, but...)
27.09.2009 - 15:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by farmakon on 27.09.2009 at 15:30

Freedom Call - Turn Back Time (not very original lyrics, but overall the song is so sweet)

i would say the song is quite sad and is about break up...dont know if this is right stuff for this topic
----

27.09.2009 - 18:07
FOOCK Nam

Written by Ellrohir on 27.09.2009 at 15:37

Written by farmakon on 27.09.2009 at 15:30

i would say the song is quite sad and is about break up...dont know if this is right stuff for this topic

I know that song, . Dont worry dude, if I didnt know, then maybe I dont care or long time later I do, but I know it so feel FREE to discuss it. So, to Discuss: exactly that song is very sad both music and lyric. Maybe it is not my type of Love song currently, but I really appreciate the recommendation, at least reminding me a song I know.
27.09.2009 - 18:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So i can feel free to post Nazareth's classics "Love Hurts" here too?
----

27.09.2009 - 20:08
tulkas
el parcero
@DarkLOVEsuicide: Well, dude, knowing a bit about how you're feeling, I'll recommend you the song that Valentin B. recommended me. Specially because of the lyrics.

----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.09.2009 - 23:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by tulkas on 27.09.2009 at 20:08

@DarkLOVEsuicide: Well, dude, knowing a bit about how you're feeling, I'll recommend you the song that Valentin B. recommended me. Specially because of the lyrics.

hell yeah great pick, i love the lyrics even though i don't agree with some of them, but i love this part(i even remembered them, writing out of memory here, sorry if this brings back bad memories of your gf):
she made a difference, i guess she had a way
to make every night seem bright as day
now i walk in shadows, never see the light
she must have lied cause she never said goodbye

A+ stuff.
28.09.2009 - 19:00
FOOCK Nam

I edited the topic. Very coincidentally, 2 sad songs come after I edited.
06.10.2009 - 15:34
therest

The Book of Love by Magnetic Fields. It's even better as a cover by Peter Gabriel.
Tom Traubert's Blues by Tom Waits.

That said... another song I like is "Barbara Allen" it's a traditional folk song (Irish I think). I guess you can find the Bob Dylan cover somewhere, but look for the John Travolta cover (he only sings the last verse of the song, but it's good)
And of course Leonard Cohen and Nick Cave are both experts on love songs.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
12.11.2009 - 00:49
nana.MD
Star-Queen
There's a nightwish love song i'd recommend you, ghost love score, so romantic lol
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
13.11.2009 - 01:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Same this maybe even better from emotional side how yours because we all know what Alexander and Liv Kristin did

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.12.2009 - 10:55
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
The most corny subject for a song but anyway, i remember these at the moment with decreasing order of awesomeness:

- Dark Tranquillity- Lethe
- Sentenced- You Are The One
- Judas Priest- Angel
- Scorpions- No One Like You
- Voyager- Sober
- PoisonBlack- Love Infernal (Actually all Escapexstacy's songs)
- Etwine- Closer, Nothing Left To Say
...And even Slipknot! Snuff.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
17.12.2009 - 21:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Type O Negative - Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.12.2009 - 02:06
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Everything from Nuit Noire, of course:

Immature Attitude

Again it is another dream
Again the night is so bright
Again the fairies love me
Again the madness shal be

We will run towards the skirt of the forest
We will dance between the trees
We will throw ourselves on the ground
And roll in leaves
We will hang on to the branches
And climb very high
We will fuck everybody
18.12.2009 - 06:17
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Bloodbath - Eaten

Most romantic song ever.
----
Brujerizmo!
18.12.2009 - 06:36
GamlaSonn

Frank Sinatra
23.12.2009 - 22:49
Torelli

How many times haven't this been played?

continueing with queensryche, "walk in the shadows" could be of intrest aswell as Voyager's "Everwaiting", For those who just can let it go.

For a happy/cheesy one, Ayreon's "love", would be the obvious choice.
05.01.2010 - 22:59
Black Mass

VAST - Touched
Lamb - Gorecki
Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Warrant - Cherry Pie
11.01.2010 - 23:43
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Black Mass on 05.01.2010 at 22:59

Warrant - Cherry Pie

A love song? XP Might I recommend "I Have Been In You" by Frank Zappa too then?

But yeah, I've never found all these clichéd to have much of an impact on when spending time with a special someone. In my experiences, it usually is a emotional/moving song that me and whomever both like and understand in the same way. A kind of connection is formed. The song doesn't even necessarily have to even be strictly about "loving" someone either.
12.01.2010 - 06:07
Immortal

Try 'Iris' by The Goo Goo Dolls. You'll like it.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
12.01.2010 - 15:40
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 11.01.2010 at 23:43

Written by Black Mass on 05.01.2010 at 22:59

Warrant - Cherry Pie

A love song? XP Might I recommend "I Have Been In You" by Frank Zappa too then?

But yeah, I've never found all these clichéd to have much of an impact on when spending time with a special someone. In my experiences, it usually is a emotional/moving song that me and whomever both like and understand in the same way. A kind of connection is formed. The song doesn't even necessarily have to even be strictly about "loving" someone either.

And moreover "Cherry Pie" is such a ridiculously bad song
12.01.2010 - 16:44
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Diabolos on 12.01.2010 at 15:40

And moreover "Cherry Pie" is such a ridiculously bad song

Well, Warrant is a pretty shitty band, imo... So yeah, I don't expect much when I hear one of their songs.
18.01.2010 - 03:22
Gathering Storm
Account deleted
For me the best love song ever is "you are the one" by Sentenced. It has amazing lyrics and its not as slow and mellow as other love songs tend to be, I love it
03.02.2010 - 16:08
Roro

My dying bride - my wine in silence

i am gunna play it in my wedding for the slow dance
06.02.2010 - 01:05
Misandry

My favorite lately is "Her Alone" by Amorphis. So that's the first thing I came up with.
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
12.02.2010 - 03:50
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by nana.MD on 12.11.2009 at 00:49

There's a nightwish love song i'd recommend you, ghost love score, so romantic lol

Yeah, another good one by them would be Sleeping Sun.

Hm, well, I guess I would recomend 'To Ashes' by Shadows Fall, 'Save All your Love' by great white, and scorpions' 'still loving you.'
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
12.04.2010 - 22:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

quite sad and "poppy" one, but so beautiful...i can provide translation if anyone interested
----

10.09.2010 - 00:52
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
The Addiction - Angtoria
Ever Dream - Nightwish
My Selene - Sonata Arctica
The Power of Love - Lunatica
Must Be Dreaming - Frou Frou
Kiri - Monoral