Metal Storm logo
UBB code on highlighted text error

‹‹ Back to Bugs
28.09.2009 - 11:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I would post it into topic, where this feature (you highlight a text and then clicking on ubb code button creates code around it) is posted, but i cant found it now...

so the thing - it doesnt work wit "IMG"...when you click "IMG" button when there is highlighted text, it disappears and there is only "URL" between img tags...

it also doesnt work for "YOUTUBE" and "LIST", but that doesnt bother me that much...and also "HR" makes the highlighted text to disappear, but there i would understand it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.09.2009 - 21:29
Ragana
Rawrcat
That's why you should know most usable tags by head. It's really easier.
But yea, this thing doesn't work.
28.09.2009 - 22:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It works for "URL" and this is fine...if it would work for "IMG" too, i will be satisfied
----

30.09.2009 - 13:54
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Ellrohir on 28.09.2009 at 22:36

It works for "URL" and this is fine...if it would work for "IMG" too, i will be satisfied

Originally it was left this way as a reminder of what needs to be between the tags, especially valuable in case of YouTube tags. I changed it for images now, I guess most people can figure out that there should be an image URL between the tags.
30.09.2009 - 14:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I'll bet most of the people can but people like me couldnt figure out they have first to insert tag and image url later
----

22.09.2011 - 04:16
psykometal
A staff guy...
Since this is the only UBB thread I'll ask here. How do you make the UBB code hide the URL link and display the word "here"? I see it in the news areas all the time where the poster will put "...you can find more info here ." and when you click on "here" it takes you to the embedded link. Never mind I figured it out. Just in case anyone else comes in here looking for info about UBB and how to do what I was referring to go here.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~