Metal Storm logo
Kalmah - New Album Updates

Original news posted on 03.10.2009

Kalmah have finished the recordings of their 6th album which will be released in the early 2010. The actual release date has not been set yet. The recording process started in May, continued in June and finally ended in August. All recordings and mixing were done at Tico-Tico studios. Mastering was done at Cutting Room. The album is still untitled. The work title was 12 Gauge which is a title for one song for the album. All in all the band recorded 9 new songs and one cover.

The band added: "Recordings as usual for Kalmah went pretty smoothly. We had everything pretty much ready before the studio and it was easy to just concentrate on the sound and perfection of the performance. The sound, well, of course the sound is great. We managed to dig out more depression and agression overall. From now own we are concentrating on the cover art, booklet and stuff. We have some upcoming shows at Russia in the beginning of November and we are planning for Finnish shows at the beginning of 2010."

In other news, Kalmah had to cancel two live shows this week. The gig in Istanbul is cancelled as well as gig at Nuclear Nightclub. Both gigs will be re-scheduled to 2010. Nightclub will host the band's album release party in the beginning of 2010. The reason for cancelling is Pekka's accident with a brush saw. See the picture here.

UPDATE (thanks to Methil Odin)

Official press release

Finnish melodic swamp metallers Kalmah have completed the recordings of 6th studio album. Album was recorded at Tico-Tico studios in Finland as usual and mastered at Cutting Room, Sweden.

"Everything went fluently as always even thought this time the recordings were done in three different time periods within a half a year. Swamp spirit among the band is high and every body is very satisfied with the result as should. Actually I think it was even better to leave the breath taking gaps here and there so that the new material didn't numb ears and head. What comes to new material under the guidance of our dear Swamplord it is very Kalmah like but we haven't forgot to introduce new tuning here and there" says the main song writer and lead guitarist Antti Kokko.

Cover art and promotional material is on its way. The official release date is yet unknown but will take place in January - February 2010. At the same time band will celebrate 10th anniversary as an recording band.

Previous album For The Revolution gained good reason of success here in Finland and especially in North America. The band did their first tour ever outside Finland at Canada 2008. The tour was success and band is planning to do a follow-up tour 2010.

Currently band is getting ready for Russia. On friday it is time for St. Petersburg and then the day after Moscow. After new release band has confirmed gigs for Finland, Germany and Slovenia.

You can find 12 Gauge studio diary, videos etc... at this location.

Check out 12 Gauge part 7 from Youtube at this location.

Source: kalmah.com
Band profile: Kalmah
Posted: 08.11.2009 by Sentenced Odiin

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 297 users
03.10.2009 - 19:27
yosterdude
Wtf sick pic of his finger
----
Stay Br00tal!
03.10.2009 - 20:51
Itoc
Trønder
Owww
03.10.2009 - 20:53
Fhuesc
If it's already finished why we must wait till early 2010?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
03.10.2009 - 22:10
Symmachus
It sucks about the postponed concert dates. At least it is postponed and not cancelled. Also, I hope Pekka's finger heals soon.
03.10.2009 - 22:43
Got Mayhem?
Ouch, sad to hear about that injury. Can't wait to hear the new stuff though, been looking forward to this for awhile.
----
04.10.2009 - 03:02
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Ouch fuck! man that looks fucking sore....id crap myself he almost lost his entire freekin finger tip!
04.10.2009 - 13:19
Filosofem Child
Account deleted
Kalmah rulez
04.10.2009 - 17:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Take a break guys, or at least tour some more instead of making records all the time.
----
04.10.2009 - 21:13
Janne
Hugin
Fuck yeah!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
04.10.2009 - 23:48
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Damn... i thought it would be coming out later this year. gotta wait longer now >:
----
loves 小巫
06.10.2009 - 01:45
kaylamacgavin
Awesome, Kalmah never release a bad album. I can't wait to hear it!
06.10.2009 - 09:45
kea
O/
07.10.2009 - 09:12
Crème fraiche
Woo!!
09.11.2009 - 03:56
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Damn.. that was before I selected Kalmah in my Update Bands... almost didnt see
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.11.2009 - 11:06
sinsxshadows
Kalmah rocks, can not wait

Hits total: 7122 | This month: 5