Metal Storm logo
Hangovers and getting through them

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 03.10.2009 - 22:36
I'm guessing that a vast majority of MetalStormers (some more than others) have had reeaally bad hangovers. You go out at night have a one too many drinks, and when you wake up in the morning, there's that horrible hangover that in the worst cases, it won't even let you get up. Luckily enough, there's several stuff you can do, eat or drink, to help you get through them and make you feel better. And since we here come from practically all over the world, I'm pretty sure that a lot of you guys must have different "techniques", home-made recipes, or whatever to get us through that.

So, in the first place it'd be cool to discuss your worst hangovers and experiences with them, and whenever possible, share whatever you do to help you get through and cure the hangover. Help out the drunk and hung-over fellow MetalStormers.
07.10.2009 - 01:31
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Introspekrieg on 07.10.2009 at 01:29

The warmth will clear out your sinuses and make you more alert to start drinking all over again.

And that doesn't cause liver damage.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.10.2009 - 01:10
ToMegaTherion
I have two methods that work really well.
1 - Keep on drinking (Although thats not a cure it just prolongs the agony)
2 - Grit your teeth and bear it (Maybe dull it down with some painkiller and a big greezy breafast)
02.11.2009 - 22:51
tulkas
el parcero
Last night I went out for a beer with a couple of friends, and a friend's boyfriend said that when you're hungover, or even when you're drunk, and drink cold water, or something cold, it could even cause you a heart attack, for some reason. Anyone else heard of this? I hadn't, and it kinda shocked me 'cause I know a lot of people do this...
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
02.11.2009 - 23:06
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by tulkas on 02.11.2009 at 22:51

Last night I went out for a beer with a couple of friends, and a friend's boyfriend said that when you're hungover, or even when you're drunk, and drink cold water, or something cold, it could even cause you a heart attack, for some reason. Anyone else heard of this? I hadn't, and it kinda shocked me 'cause I know a lot of people do this...

It sounds completely stupid if you ask me. When I'm drinking I like my drinks to be cold, like most I think, and this even when I'm no longer sober. I've never heard of this and seeing the vast amount of people who do drink cold drinks, it would be pretty surprising if it was true. Maybe it has happened to one or two people and has become one of those urban myths, a generalization of a somewhat rare occurence.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
02.11.2009 - 23:37
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Haddonfield on 02.11.2009 at 23:06

Written by tulkas on 02.11.2009 at 22:51

It sounds completely stupid if you ask me. When I'm drinking I like my drinks to be cold, like most I think, and this even when I'm no longer sober. I've never heard of this and seeing the vast amount of people who do drink cold drinks, it would be pretty surprising if it was true. Maybe it has happened to one or two people and has become one of those urban myths, a generalization of a somewhat rare occurence.

Yeh, that's what I thought, aside from the fact that I hadn't heard of that never before. I've been meaning to ask a doctor, or at least someone that may have ACTUAL and REAL facts about this. But just like that, it does sound like real bullcrap.
----
13.11.2009 - 20:27
Nexus
Asshat
Dont really have another remedy or anything, but just thought I should share:

Omfg.
Worst
Hangover
Ever.

Ahh, its been a while. I guess I was bound to get one sooner or later.

Euuuughhhh.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
14.11.2009 - 01:26
silenius
When i go crazy with ze beer i get epic hangovers, puke for days if its realy bad, the hangover i got from the first night at sweden rock festival 2008 ruined the rest of the festival, when i stopped puking i couldnt speak, eat or drink for the rest of the fucking festival xD
14.11.2009 - 21:55
Kasper
A can of ice cold water really helps. Last two incidents of hangover was cured by that
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
25.01.2010 - 01:56
tulkas
el parcero
Once again the Alka-Seltzer proved to be the cure for my hangover. I should've taken it last night when I got home, but didn't think it necessary until this morning when I woke up hungover. Took it after noon, and was well within the hour
----
26.01.2010 - 05:29
MetallicA
Yeah drinking water inbetween drinks has helped me have less severe hangovers that's for sure. Also, for those who live in the US, going to Waffle House and eating some greasy grits and bacon and whatever else

sometimes though, I just can't get out of bed till 2pm (unless I have to go to work and that fucking sucks!) once it took me about 2 hours to eat one plain donut because I was so fucking hungover
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.