Metal Storm logo
Soulfly

17.05.2006 - 14:03
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Soulfly is one of the only alternative bands i can still enjoy nowadays, so i decided to make a thread for them, my favourite album of theirs is 3 followed by Primitive,

i have listened to Dark Ages yet though, as far as i know its more of a thrashmetal album though..?

anyway, please tell me what you think of this band and what your favourite albums are

and hey, no need in comparing them to Sepultura the whole time, its quite a while ago now that Max left them, no need to still discuss this topic, right?
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.05.2006 - 15:45
Parkas
Account deleted
Soulfly is one of my all time favorites! The first album I got was Primitive and I think that both Primitive and Dark Ages are the best ones! I've seen Soulfly 3 times now and they are amazing live!
17.05.2006 - 21:37
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Soulfly is pretty good, i liked their self-titled album and Dark ages, while i thought that the amount of guests they had on primitive was excessive, except in "In Memory of", which i thought was neat. I'm glad Max is still making music and hope he keeps going.
18.05.2006 - 01:25
Horlequism
Account deleted
Soulfly is one of the better nu metal bands in the genre...
18.05.2006 - 01:26
__Az__
Written by Guest on 18.05.2006 at 01:25

Soulfly is one of the better nu metal bands in the genre...

Yeh, I agree, Soulfly are very original... and unlike most 'nu' bands... If they can be classed in that genre...

Im looking forward to their appearance at Wacken...
18.05.2006 - 07:34
LethargyMan
It was Soulfly's first album that got me into my favourite band, Sepultura. Good stuff.

Primitive was a better album, even if the nu-influence was stronger (hey... at least this one didn't have Fred Durst in it).

I absolutely despised 3. It just sounded like Max was copying the riffs from his previous two albums.

Prophecy was good, but it didn't really impact me.

Dark Ages sounds like a nice mix between the "usual" Soulfly sound and Chaos-era Sepultura, which, hopefully, is the sound they stick with for another album before significantly changing up their style.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
21.05.2006 - 13:24
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I also agree on the fact that they are one of the better in the nu-metal genre.
'Jump da fuck up' contains so much energy...
31.05.2006 - 19:43
_HIV_
i love soulfly and i love max c. ... and i love the way he evolve the sound of soulfly! i first notice the change with the prophecy and continious with the dark ages! (even though i shouldnt say ... more sepultura likey)
06.06.2006 - 20:58
bangladesh
It was my prefered band for 1-2 years wen i was 14-16 years. In that time i realy love this band. Still like it but wen i put some album of them to listen i think..."well, it's always the same". In concert, they are good but Max could speek more with the public.....it´s like if he thinks: "I´m bored of giving concerts"
The big point in Soulfly is Rizzo...he have mutch energy and the band have gainned with him.
17.06.2006 - 13:54
marinBG
Max Cavalera is God for his work with both soulfly and sepultura. And soulfly is by far one of the greatest bands live. Great stuff to mosh to!
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
17.06.2006 - 18:06
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
MAx kicks ass, hes vocals r awsome, and Soulfly is is now better band then Sepultura,
my fav song is Back To The Primitives and Brasil
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
23.06.2006 - 03:02
Megadeth88
Soulfly is a kick ass band. I think Max should keep up the good work. Oh yeah, my favorite album is their self-titled album which has my favorite song on their "Fire."
23.06.2006 - 04:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Max is a genius ... imo

Soulfly are probably one of my favourite 'Alternative' metal bands or one of the top. Ive only got the release '3' to go then i can say ive got all their discography. I love the 'Soulfly' instrumentals thats they have on each album, really good music preformed on those tracks.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
23.06.2006 - 08:13
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I love Soulfly- very original and in my mind are some of the best in the Nu Metal genre. I first listened to them on the Headbangers Ball Vol. 2 CD and have since learned more and more about them. Just great all around- especially Prophecy [the song].

On a different note, it sucks, because we named my band Soulflaw, weeks before I knew of Soulfly, and apparently they're mainstream enough for the local punk kids to make fun of us...
25.06.2006 - 21:48
Baz Anderson
staff
i used to like Soulfly a lot a long time ago - but then i just got into better stuff really. haha
they are a good band and i have still made the effort to listen to their latest album and all the rest of it, and i still think they sound rather good. not much compared to Sepultura though
26.06.2006 - 22:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Way to soft for me. I'll see them live in a few days, maybe they'll change my opinion of them live.. I doubt it though.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.06.2006 - 10:14
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Soulfly - Perform "Jumpdafuckup" With Slipknot Frontman :

You can check out a video of Corey Taylor (Slipknot) performing the song "Jumpdafuckup" with Soulfly on their perfomance (June 24th) at Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium here.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
28.06.2006 - 10:42
Damnated
Churchburner
I enjoy this band, very much. I like the job that Max has done, and that he keeps on doing it.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
28.06.2006 - 10:56
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Haha, i have "Jumpdafuckup" as my ring tone
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.07.2006 - 13:43
deathmor
Account deleted
A great band and Prophecy was my first album ever. Because of them I started to hear to music.
05.07.2006 - 07:38
Nevermore
Account deleted
Havem't heard much from this band bu Jump Da Fuck Up and Carved Inside are fucking hardcore lol makes me want to kill something
05.07.2006 - 07:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They sucked at first but now they're getting better. Dark Ages is definitely they're best album. Max needs to stopping making bullshit/tribal songs and focus on metal, cuz the metal songs he makes are fuckin good.
05.07.2006 - 13:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Saw them live a few days ago, and thought they were quite boring.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.07.2006 - 14:14
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Lucas on 05.07.2006 at 13:09

Saw them live a few days ago, and thought they were quite boring.

Thats a bit of a downer that you thought they were boring

What made them boring?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
05.07.2006 - 18:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Dunno. It could have been me, because I already had to chew on some very crappy metalcore, nu-metal bands which I hate. (Not saying that Soulfly is like that, I can stand them)

But yeah, they bored me. Maybe I already heard it, maybe they had a bad performance, I dunno. They are generally a bit too soft for me too.
----

11.07.2006 - 12:47
lordz
IzZo
I saw these guys live twice while I was in the states
the first time they opened for Pantera it was in dallas texas.... morbid angel were there too it was a blast
the second time I saw them it was in a smaller venue in wichata they played with clutch... nice show

great band with a great front man
16.07.2006 - 07:48
Despised Icon
Account deleted
Nothing compared to old or new sepultura. Especially old.
25.07.2006 - 08:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think the newest Soulfly album, Dark Ages, is better than Roorback, Nation, and Dante XI. There are some heavy fuckin songs on that album but there are also many bullshit tracks on it as well.
10.08.2006 - 01:59
Tencho
Soulfly.... it sounds well but I find very repetitive. Max is a big one
23.08.2006 - 17:32
Vintervarg
Account deleted
The first album had some good songs. The other albums were weak.

I saw SOULFLY twice in live and they sound very powerful on stage.