Metal Storm logo
Old fart Metalstormers (The 45+ crowd)

Original post

Posted by Derwood, 13.10.2009 - 02:12
I know there are more of us here than Marcel and I... (I'm looking at you Lord Regnier and BitterCOld)

I figured we could use a thread of our own to discuss those things that are a concern to us aging metalheads, like actually buying albums and reminiscing about the scenes we grew up on and other things of little interest to all these young whippersnappers that are overrunning this place.

So...how many of us can still pull off the long hair without a hat? I know I'm out.
02.05.2012 - 02:29
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.05.2012 at 08:12

try to relax with the music

^This

And that yoga thing might be worth exploring...
----
rekt
02.05.2012 - 02:32
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Quote:
Written by Guest on 01.05.2012 at 08:37

I suggest you to workout, and take some supplement pills.

As a former heavy duty training athlete (swimmer) you would think I get this. I am just toooo dam lazy!
----
rekt
02.05.2012 - 02:33
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Bad English on 01.05.2012 at 14:37

I was always tired at age 22 so and now Im more tired, actualy even at 16 I was tired

wait till you're 39...be prepared
----
rekt
02.05.2012 - 04:55
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by tea[m]ster on 02.05.2012 at 02:32

As a former heavy duty training athlete (swimmer) you would think I get this. I am just toooo dam lazy!

so I think its not tiredness it's related to being lazy, so I think you need a bit change.
02.05.2012 - 12:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Guest on 02.05.2012 at 04:55

Written by tea[m]ster on 02.05.2012 at 02:32

so I think its not tiredness it's related to being lazy, so I think you need a bit change.

even best mafia hit men get lazy from eating good food, drinking booze, smoking and if they need carry corpse or kidnap ppl and bring on roof top they hardly can do it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.05.2012 - 16:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 02.05.2012 at 12:32
even best mafia hit men get lazy from eating good food, drinking booze, smoking and if they need carry corpse or kidnap ppl and bring on roof top they hardly can do it

Did your best mafia hitman tell you this?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.05.2012 - 16:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.05.2012 at 16:31

Written by Bad English on 02.05.2012 at 12:32

Did your best mafia hitman tell you this?

c mon how eating, drinking, smoking can be be good at your helth, NHL players are in better shape how mobsters anyway :p
----

apos;'
[image]
02.05.2012 - 16:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 02.05.2012 at 16:41
c mon how eating, drinking, smoking can be be good at your helth, NHL players are in better shape how mobsters anyway :p

I'm not saying it's good for your health, I'm saying you can't go around talking about a hitman's regime as if you know one personally. Besides, I'm sure a top pro hitman would be smarter than that... They get paid to kill people, and they get paid well. If they can't perform adequately, it usually means a long-term prison sentence or death. And no money. Traditionally someone of that stature wouldn't limit himself in any way considering the alternatives...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.05.2012 - 16:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.05.2012 at 16:45

Written by Bad English on 02.05.2012 at 16:41

I'm not saying it's good for your health, I'm saying you can't go around talking about a hitman's regime as if you know one personally. Besides, I'm sure a top pro hitman would be smarter than that... They get paid to kill people, and they get paid well. If they can't perform adequately, it usually means a long-term prison sentence or death. And no money. Traditionally someone of that stature wouldn't limit himself in any way considering the alternatives...

Yes but pizza is not helaty, good cigars, alcohol, if I will have cash i doubt I will have energy do a gangsta chick or go out I wil eat, drink, get fet, smoke and sdie
----

apos;'
[image]
02.05.2012 - 17:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
And K7 once again shows he has no clue what he is talking about, just basing it all on films and books and hearsay.
Same for his ongoing ramblings about 1% bikers/outlaws. If he were to meet them in reallife I am sure accidents would happen, same with football hooligans.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.05.2012 - 20:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Marcel - hahaha films I dont base on films and I would like to meer mafia hit man only if he use bullets, maybe then in my borde life be some meening , I dont care about football hooligans and bkers , since Im quit drinking I dont care about it and I dont go to football anyway , Norra Sverige is safe
----

apos;'
[image]
10.05.2012 - 18:37
FOOCK Nam

Always wonder why no old ones on Serious Discussion ? busy or no care of youngies impulsive rebel arguementing.. : D
10.05.2012 - 18:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.05.2012 at 18:37
Always wonder why no old ones on Serious Discussion ? busy or no care of youngies impulsive rebel arguementing.. : D

Most of them likely have something that resembles a "real life" and don't have time to waste arguing with people they'll never meet about topics they aren't overly concerned with.
----
10.05.2012 - 18:46
FOOCK Nam

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.05.2012 at 18:40

Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.05.2012 at 18:37

Most of them likely have something that resembles a "real life" and don't have time to waste arguing with people they'll never meet about topics they aren't overly concerned with.

You think that is good ? wish I can be like them.
11.05.2012 - 02:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
That and with age comes wisdom... like the wisdom to know there is zero point discussing serious shit with people who think they know everything despite having done next to nothing.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.05.2012 - 11:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 11.05.2012 at 02:56

That and with age comes wisdom... like the wisdom to know there is zero point discussing serious shit with people who think they know everything despite having done next to nothing.

----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.05.2012 - 11:35
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

....are called posers.
11.05.2012 - 14:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Being 35+ doesn't mean you've inherently accomplished anything, much like being -35 doesn't mean you've inherently accomplished nothing.

Mozart wrote his first symphony at the age of eight.
----
11.05.2012 - 18:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
No one has accomplished shit at -35. <35 maybe. and even the average person will have accomplished a lot more with another 15 years under the belt. it's just a mathematical certainty. it's also the fact life changes as time goes by so you see things from multiple perspectives.

it's not entirely about accomplishments, just the fact too many people in that age range think they know everything. it is simply pointless in talking to them.

and there are exceptions, sure, but for the most part based on what i've seen when lurking there it is simply not worth my time.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.05.2012 - 18:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BitterCOld on 11.05.2012 at 18:11
...too many people in that age range think they know everything.

On this, we agree - to an extent. I like to think I know a lot about things I try to know a lot about, but I think I've known for a long time now that the only thing I know is that I know nothing.

I think there's a Plato quote or something similar to that philosophy. "All I know is that I know nothing."
----
18.05.2012 - 19:49
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I played a softball yesterday. I hit a 300-foot rope down the 3rd base line. I made it to 2nd. Fuck, I am old and slow.
----
rekt
27.05.2012 - 05:34
Conemetal

Philosopher said "Only I know that I know noting", that's wisdom, all of us are always learning. If is not thus, why are there so many people who are 35 and more years old in this forum? I lived a lot of rock and metal , more than younger medtalheads, but I don't know all about rock and metal; young people knows more now, they have more information because they are living more intensely now and they use the technical media better than I. So I'm here trying to show my experience and learning the newest. (Sorry my bad English).
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
27.05.2012 - 15:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by tea[m]ster on 18.05.2012 at 19:49

I played a softball yesterday. I hit a 300-foot rope down the 3rd base line. I made it to 2nd. Fuck, I am old sand slow.

But seriously, We played softball in gym yesterday, and I hit with a lot of topspin, so it didn't get past the pitcher. Their team was so disorganized that it was a homerun hit
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.07.2012 - 02:34
I_Die_Often

At 46, I'm in the best shape I have been in my entire life!
I look more youthfull than people my age, hell, I even look better than people 10 years younger than me!
I just married a Beautiful woman who is just now old enuff to post on this thread, thank you very much.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
26.07.2012 - 04:41
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by I_Die_Often on 26.07.2012 at 02:34

I just married a Beautiful woman who is just now old enuff to post on this thread, thank you very much.

I had to.
01.08.2012 - 02:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by I_Die_Often on 26.07.2012 at 02:34

mrs. COld is still a few years away from being "allowed" to post here... at least from our VIP section.
----

11.08.2012 - 19:33
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by BitterCOld on 01.08.2012 at 02:23

mrs. COld is still a few years away from being "allowed" to post here... at least from our VIP section.

You have a "Mrs COld"? Do you have any "little COlds" runnin' around?
----
rekt
11.08.2012 - 21:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by tea[m]ster on 11.08.2012 at 19:33

Written by BitterCOld on 01.08.2012 at 02:23

You have a "Mrs COld"? Do you have any "little COlds" runnin' around?

*cough* *cough*

Excuse me! I'm 22 year old and would like to comment something here. Thank you.

For that, he needs to be out of his "Mod" cap for a while as he always captivated in his tiring pile of work and give precious time to his mrs. I'm sure he will upload his "little COlds" pics on MS soon or it won't be shocked to see when his kids gonna have an account here and angst their opinions on why Gojira or Enslaved shouldn't be bashed for anything. Honestly, waiting for that day.
12.08.2012 - 07:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 11.08.2012 at 21:49
Honestly, waiting for that day.

Kind of like how we're all waiting for you to one day type a coherent comment.
----
12.08.2012 - 10:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.08.2012 at 07:51

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 11.08.2012 at 21:49
Honestly, waiting for that day.

Kind of like how we're all waiting for you to one day type a coherent comment.

but so true.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996