Metal Storm logo
Best Modern British Band

Original post

Posted by Haddonfield, 28.10.2009 - 01:02
A fellow member suggested I open a poll to find of who, in your humble opinion, is the best British band. However, after consideration, and taking into account the vast amount of British bands, I thought it would be wiser to split the poll into two different ones, one dedicated to old school metal and one to the more modern inspired bands.

For this poll, I chose Cradle of Filth. No matter what anyone says, I've yet to hear a band that actually sounds just like them. They cause contreversy amongst metal fans which is always the sign of a great band, spliting the field is something unique to big names. I've been listening to them for years and are without a doubt one of the most listened to bands from my collection.

Poll

Who is the best British to form over the couple of decades?

Other (which one?)
Porcupine Tree
Carcass
Cradle of Filth
Napalm Death
Anathema
Dragonforce
Paradise Lost
My Dying Bride

Total votes: 69
20.08.2013 - 00:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mad Arab666 on 20.08.2013 at 00:02

Does bolt thrower count? They haven't made an album since 2006 but they still do gigs and concerts.

yes it does, look at form in years in this poll
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.08.2013 - 15:33
Sean 79

Take out Porcupine Tree and Dragonforce and that's some list, all amazing bands. I'll give to Cradle cause being a 14 year old fan of all things Floridian I heard Mayhem's Deathcrush and thought this black metal stuff is crap and would never catch on. Then someone gave me Principle of Evil, which led to Emperor, Enslaved, Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Marduk...... and eventually Mayhem. Cradle opened up a whole new world of metal for me.
01.09.2013 - 00:53
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Carcass
17.09.2013 - 05:18
whatsacow

BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, someone already said that and it wasn't a joke. Fine.

Bring Me The Horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, A Forest Of Stars. They're fucking amazing.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.11.2013 - 20:45
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I have to go with Porcupine Tree myself, very diverse and unique catalog with great musicianship and creativity. Fear of A Blank Planet is one of my favorite albums of the 2000s along with In Absentia. I hope they can get out of hiatus and I can see them live anytime soon.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.11.2013 - 20:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm one of the Cradle of Filth fanboys on this site, so that's my vote. Even though there's been a while since they released something I really fell in love with. Anyway, the stuff they did from '96 to '03 is enough for me. I still hold that stuff pretty damn high.
----
10.11.2013 - 23:19
Uldreth

A Forest of Stars, Sylosis, Devil Sold His Soul and Architects, can't really decide between these.
01.01.2014 - 13:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Sean 79 on 20.08.2013 at 15:33

Take out Porcupine Tree and Dragonforce and that's some list, all amazing bands. I'll give to Cradle cause being a 14 year old fan of all things Floridian I heard Mayhem's Deathcrush and thought this black metal stuff is crap and would never catch on. Then someone gave me Principle of Evil, which led to Emperor, Enslaved, Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Marduk...... and eventually Mayhem. Cradle opened up a whole new world of metal for me.

Why would you take out the best band, Porcupine Tree, of the list? It's just sacrilegious

My answer would be Porcupine Tree or Anathema because really their discography speaks for itself. They are both unique and have put out consistently good albums throughout their careers. Also, they are not afraid of taking chances, and that has produced great music.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.04.2014 - 21:18
telephonebear
Account deleted
Dragonforce are british? wow, you learn something every day