Metal Storm logo
...And Oceans

02.11.2009 - 10:11
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
This nice Finnish band deserves a topic for itself.

They started off as a sympho-black metal in the mid-90's. Have released two albuns under this genre: ''The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts'', very good album, pure symphonic black metal, and the double disc ''The Symmetry of I - The Circle of O'', heavier than the previous, very similar to Limbonic Art, where the industrial/electronic elements started slowly to appear.

Its in ''A.M.G.O.D.'', of 2001, that the industrial/electronic is most used, perfectly mixed with the black metal, making this album my personal favorite.

After that they released ''Cypher'', and then we see the black metal completly disappear. It is a good album, the electronic elements are pretty cool, but there are an excess of repeatability in the sound. According to the Metal Archives, they have changed their name to Havoc Unit to ''signify the change in their sound.'' So no more albuns under ''...And Oceans''...

Anyway, very enjoyable band!

The cover from the first full-lenght ''The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts''. Pretty awesome
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.11.2009 - 19:20
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I am actually surprised they didn't have a thread. i like their first two releases a lot (i have the double/combo disk), "Cypher" was fairly mediocre in comparison.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.11.2009 - 16:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Somehow I like this band, even I doubt I would like other bands who plays uch music, its one of first bands waht I known, when start deeply listen metal(same period when I start use i net) , I like all what I heard from band but I cant listen full album, I need brakes, but if soen by song whit brake I like each song from band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.11.2009 - 23:39
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Tears Have No Name!!
ERRRG!
Finlandia has their fair share of amazing bands.

Tbh, I just started getting into Industrial. But why haven't I heard of them when I was in Black Metal/Sympho mode?
14.12.2009 - 09:16
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Guest on 29.11.2009 at 23:39

Tears Have No Name!!
ERRRG!
Finlandia has their fair share of amazing bands.

Tbh, I just started getting into Industrial. But why haven't I heard of them when I was in Black Metal/Sympho mode?

Ahhh yes that is one of the best tracks, and one that I remember playing repeatedly when I bought the CD. Really, AM GOD is impressive, unique, and the lyrics are as intelligent as it gets. And even the artwork is excellent, so good I spent about $50 on a shirt years ago just to show it off When I want to listen to an album that redefines metal, this is one that's always near the top of my list.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
16.02.2010 - 18:00
Nostalgiaplatz

Written by Uirapuru on 02.11.2009 at 10:11

This nice Finnish band deserves a topic for itself.

They started off as a sympho-black metal in the mid-90's. Have released two albuns under this genre: ''The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts'', very good album, pure symphonic black metal, and the double disc ''The Symmetry of I - The Circle of O'', heavier than the previous, very similar to Limbonic Art, where the industrial/electronic elements started slowly to appear.

Its in ''A.M.G.O.D.'', of 2001, that the industrial/electronic is most used, perfectly mixed with the black metal, making this album my personal favorite.

After that they released ''Cypher'', and then we see the black metal completly disappear. It is a good album, the electronic elements are pretty cool, but there are an excess of repeatability in the sound. According to the Metal Archives, they have changed their name to Havoc Unit to ''signify the change in their sound.'' So no more albuns under ''...And Oceans''...

Anyway, very enjoyable band!

The cover from the first full-lenght ''The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts''. Pretty awesome

Man,seems that you've read my mind!
I'm still in love with every release of this genius finnish guys but A.M.G.O.D was the best I think..
Wish there were still bands sounding like this but it's pretty hard to find similar music to ...and Oceans..
16.02.2010 - 19:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
The first review I ever wrote was for The Dynamic Gallery Of Thoughts a few years ago.

These guys are extremely underrated and were one of the more innovative bands around during their time. "Tears Have No Name" is an absolutely standout track, but they have other songs comparable in terms of quality: The line-up of "Som Öppna Böcker - Je Te Connais Beau Masque - Microbotic Fiends / Ur Åldrig Saga Och Sång" on their debut is amazing to listen to, not to mention some of their more experimental songs like "Higher Levels Of Microbotic Fields". AM GOD is brilliant from beginning to end (even the trance-inspired outro), but I think they went through too much of a stylistic change with Cypher. I haven't listened to anything from Havoc Unit, but I regularly listen to ...And Oceans.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.03.2010 - 23:14
Replicant

I listen to ...And Oceans' A.M.G.O.D. and Cypher and I'll go against the trend of this topic and say I think Cypher is the better album. Much better. Maybe an 8.5/10 compared to the 6/10 I'd give to A.M.G.O.D. This is probably because their "style" of black metal doesn't engage me, but the direction they go in towards the electro-industrial elements works really well. I haven't heard anything quite like it. A.M.G.O.D. does have some good tracks but some of it just washes over me completely. Cypher is where they "let loose" for me and came out with some seriously strange and awesome music which runs the gauntlet from their older, more black music through chugging industrial riffs and down to abandoning guitars altogether. Very unique and very enjoyable.

I also recently started listening to their "evolved form", Havoc Unit. They're fucking brutal, it's almost hard to believe it's the same band. Go listen guys.