Metal Storm logo
Immortal Reunion!!!

24.07.2006 - 23:23
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Norwegian black metallers IMMORTAL will reunite for several exclusive shows next year, including the Wacken Open Air festival, which is scheduled to take place August 2-4, 2007 in Wacken, Germany. A statement from the band reads as follows:

"IMMORTAL are proud to announce that we will headline Wacken in 2007. This will be part of a few selected exclusive shows next year, and Wacken will be the only show in Germany."

In a recent interview with Germany's Rock Hard magazine IMMORTAL frontman Abbath (real name: Olve Eikemo) ? who is in the studio recording the debut album from his new project I ? said of the band's reunion plans, "We will come back, stronger than ever. I [recently] met with Horgh [ex-IMMORTAL drummer, curently in HYPOCRISY] for the first time in over a year. He's built his new house here [in Norway], right around the corner. In the next few days we will begin to rehearse our old 'Blizzard Beasts' [1997] classics. I'm already really [excited about] the idea."

Responding to a question about possible accusations that IMMORTAL would only be reuniting to cash in on their former glories, Abbath said, "To clear that up: we're not coming back for the money. If we had been only interested in the cash, we wouldn't have allowed IMMORTAL to split in the first place."

It's true!! That's from blabbermouth.net Hopefully they'll decide to tour the US!!
24.07.2006 - 23:41
danzig111
Account deleted
How very very pleasing to hear
25.07.2006 - 00:34
Vunts
Deja vu.
25.07.2006 - 01:27
Damnated
Churchburner
Yeah, I don't see it as a big thing. It's a big publicity thing. If they really had a reason to brake up, then why did they reunite?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.07.2006 - 04:47
..ExoTeaR..
? ehh few shows a few beers or bourbons get the metal into the vein again thats what this is probably about good on them
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
25.07.2006 - 10:32
Highlander
Account deleted
All I know is that me and my mates are going to Wacken next year to see them!
25.07.2006 - 11:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Oh man, wish I could see them.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.07.2006 - 12:12
Vunts
Okay, well...i meant "deja vu" because i have heard of this stuff before. For example in this news thread
http://metalstorm.ee/events/news_comments.php?news_id=2878
And a little in here also
http://metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=90

Both threads are older than this. Plus i don't get why there should be a seperate thread after the news has been known for 12 days and there is an "official" Immortal thread also. Link provided in my post (the 2nd one)

I just felt like complaining...
25.07.2006 - 14:34
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Well its just a live show, so only the priveledged would be able to see them anyway. Not like they're really reuniting or anything. Many bands that have split up do this, largely because one of their members "feels" like reliving the old days..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
25.07.2006 - 19:20
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
I have heard rumors a while back that they were going to reunite to make ambient music, only Abbath and Demonaz though. But it seems to be just that, only a rumor. Although I really wish instead of just playing one festival, that they would tour. I wish Emperor did the same.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
25.07.2006 - 20:05
AncientOrigins
Well, Heathen also just wanted to reunite for a show or two, but now they're recording a new album. Maybe Immortal will do the same..I'd love to hear some new material after all
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
25.07.2006 - 22:53
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Oh well. I didn't know there was already a thread about this... I guess I should've searched more. : I guess I'll leave this one open for people who don't check the "News" section.
07.08.2006 - 03:03
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
This is a great new. I hope that they are going to do a big fucking tour and come from Greece. They fucking rule, i liked all of their albums and i am really excited about the reunion.
10.08.2006 - 00:34
Snake-Eye
Account deleted
I have my doubts about their motives for this reunion, but ok..the only thing we can do is wait and see.

I might go back to Wacken anyway
10.08.2006 - 06:27
Daru Jericho
Hm...would be interesting to see them live. But I do think this reunion thing could be a publicity thing, especially after the sucess of Emperor's. Maybe.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

16.08.2006 - 15:25
Anathemani@c
I agree. Everyone now brakes up with his/her band and after a while they re unite. I think and believe that everything happens for publicity... Allthough, I willl go to see them if they pass by Greece...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
17.08.2006 - 20:20
Vintervarg
Account deleted
If they come to Greece, I'll come to see them too. Greece is near my country. I saw Opeth in Thessaloniki couple of years ago.

I'm not sure, but Immortal had never been in Greece or near, right?
18.08.2006 - 11:23
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
My friend who's a huge fan was so damn excited to hear this news and so was I, I coudn't believe this had happened... anyway, it's good to hear they're reunited again...
20.08.2006 - 04:57
ErabatukII
I sincerely hope that if they are to record another album they would continue on in the vein of Sons of Northern Darkness. Not to completely rip it off and repeat the same album, but to continue and progress in the same vein. That might seem obvious, but seriously, some BM bands have really gone of the rails and made some 'avante garde' albums that have been dismal to say the least.
----
20.08.2006 - 05:14
Vintervarg
Account deleted
I just hope that they will record a new album before 2007, hehe.
20.08.2006 - 05:50
Puff
The Forlorn
Written by ErabatukII on 20.08.2006 at 04:57

I sincerely hope that if they are to record another album they would continue on in the vein of Sons of Northern Darkness. Not to completely rip it off and repeat the same album, but to continue and progress in the same vein.
Bah, They will probably turn Black/Punk like Darkthrone... Most Of The tr00 Norwegian BM bands are making music for money nowdays... so I wouldn't see why this should be different.

Anyway it still would be good if they would release some descent old school stuff.
----
20.08.2006 - 06:57
ErabatukII
Actually I have nothing against the new Darkthrone, I quite enjoy it actually. It's just bare bones, nuts and bolts raw riffs, raw production with basic old school 1st gen black metal ideals. It's not too dissimilar to early Bathory.
I don't see that as a watering down of BM, even moreso a purification of it. And yeah true to a point that Darkthrone wanted to make some cash and publicity with the filmclip, but that can't be a bad thing IMO. Good on em I say. I was thinking more along the lines of the over use of symphonic parts, and electronic experimentation. I hope Immortal stay pure instrumentally, but progress musically on the traditional instruments of the guitar, bass and drums. If that all makes sense.
----
20.08.2006 - 07:04
marakon
Written by AncientOrigins on 25.07.2006 at 20:05

Well, Heathen also just wanted to reunite for a show or two, but now they're recording a new album. Maybe Immortal will do the same..I'd love to hear some new material after all

Exactly my thought!
20.08.2006 - 12:29
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Well new material is highly unlikely. This keeps happening over and over again. They play a few live shows together for resons known only to them and then do their own thing again. I'm actually starting to think the whole thing is a bit cheap but well at least we get to see them live although I probably wont be able to go cause I'm working these days.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
20.08.2006 - 14:21
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Well... I'll just keep waiting to announce the new album. But it's also possible to be recorded after WACKEN.
18.10.2006 - 11:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
if thay reunion thay can recordet some live CD soemwhere or go to study and play same great BM how old days, but that reunion, some band scome together to play gigs and split up again or recordet albums, an dthose albums are bad hope in Immortal case it wont hepen
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2006 - 23:42
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
They're doing only 2 shows in the US!! (and we thought Emperor was bad for doing 4) I'm going to the one in LA for sure!!
22.02.2008 - 21:50
NOИ
are they still active ? unfortunately the "I" project of Abbath was not very good, reminds me Black Metal and Motorhead and a little bit Bathory. I hope Immortal will release another album in the future, better than this, and together with Emperor.
23.02.2008 - 22:46
Agellos
"I" is meant to sound like a BM - Motorhead hybrid and personally I like the result.
But still i would like a new typically Immortal record, so does anybody know when is the new
album to be released.
23.02.2008 - 22:52
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Hopefully they willl come to Portugal and if that happens I can't miss it!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...