Metal Storm logo
System of a Down VS Rage Against the Machine

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 06.11.2009 - 16:02
Both bands are political based, and two of my favorites. SOAD got my vote, obviously, but who do you like better?

Poll

SOAD or RATM?

SOAD
RATM
They both suck

Total votes: 204
03.02.2010 - 00:41
whatsacow
RATM. Tom Morello is a genious, and zach's lyrics are brilliant.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.02.2010 - 21:21
Scourge
I can't vote on this. i like them both. listened them before and now are a little bit boring.
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
17.02.2010 - 14:56
addiction
Rage Against The Machine without a second thought...i kinda like SOAD every now and then but they don't compare to Rage...much less innovation, less power and less fun as well...
----
alive in the superunknown
03.07.2010 - 00:13
Sulac
System Of A Down is a divinely inspired, pure awesome band, while Rage sucks my mother's rectum. Easy choice.
06.07.2010 - 08:03
MetalFist
Account deleted
Theyre both awesome, but SOAD wins hands down.
06.07.2010 - 08:13
Endoftherainbow
Would never really compare these two bands but i'm going to go with system of a down because there albums are solid the whole way through where as rage has some weaker songs. although i like tom morello's guitar playing way more then darrens.
23.03.2011 - 20:54
blacktooth85
Rage Against the Machine no contest. System of Down are fuckin' joke and get annoying as shit. That guitar player with his screaming, screeching vocals is terrible. RATM self-title destroys anything SOAD has done
23.03.2011 - 21:01
Aeonfrost
Rage Against the Machine. Tom Morello is pure genius.Killing in the name of pwns any SOAD song.
23.03.2011 - 23:03
Luneth
Account deleted
I'd vote SOAD, absolutely loved them in college.
26.04.2011 - 05:06
king_matt
System if a Down. RATM is a great band and all, but they don't even compare to SOAD. Serj's vocals are incredible and he can do a good death growl:cool:

I do prefer Morello's guitar playing over Malakian's, though.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
30.06.2011 - 22:46
Damshak
SOAD, System of a Down is winner
03.07.2011 - 00:14
Metal_4Ever
System of a Down all the way
14.10.2011 - 01:30
brapp32
For me it's SOAD by a landslide.
15.01.2012 - 15:54
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
System Of A Down, but I like Rage against machine.
21.01.2012 - 21:15
gav1230
Ratm without a second thought
21.01.2012 - 21:20
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Rage against the machine, no contest. SOAD has never impressed me.
22.01.2012 - 14:17
Pennywise
Account deleted
System of a Down for mixing metal with armenian/middle eastern music, Serjs voice, lyrics and their unique genre mix.
27.01.2012 - 17:48
Robstar
Rage Against the machine
----
Nothing is unreacheable
27.01.2012 - 20:07
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Its like "standing at corner of the motionless water and challenging your vagabond bud who's stone can be reached farther??"

Debatable shit but I'll prefer SOAD and very bias towards it because I utterly hate RATM. Lyrical stuff is pretty good but nothing more than that. More of a hype than actual fucking reality. SOAD whereupon very catchy, amusing, great music and great albums!
28.01.2012 - 22:40
Misfit74
Rage Against The Machine and they're not even close, IMO.
02.02.2012 - 05:58
zhuo1005
I'm interested in the topics.

--------------------------------------------------------------
evening dresses|formal dresses|empire wedding dresses
16.02.2012 - 23:17
Sonic MrSumo
SOAD gets my vote. I find their music a lot more interesting than RATM. I actually struggle to listen to an entire RATM album in one go. Don't get me wrong, they have some amazing songs, just not amazing albums.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
25.02.2012 - 08:10
byng
Account deleted
I vote Rage Against the Machine. I'm a fan of Zach dela Rocha, but I love Serj Tankian's voice too.
26.03.2013 - 13:47
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I've never really liked Zach de la Rocha's voice. It's not that I dislike the rap, I don't mind it at all. I just think he sounds like a hamster with a mouth full of marshmallows. There's some decent songs for RATM, but full albums can get really boring really fast.

System of a Down beats the living shit out of RATM in that respect, as even the worst System of a Down album is at least a tiny bit interesting.
----
27.03.2013 - 15:59
helofloki
Both bands were very creative. System of a Down is just closer to heart for me though.
14.11.2014 - 22:46
_deepblack
System Of A Down always one of my teenage favorite bands till now mostly because of Serj's voice
15.11.2014 - 08:05
Ganondox
Tom Morello is a great guitarist, but I've never really liked RATM much. Meanwhile, SOAD is one of my favorite bands.
04.12.2014 - 16:29
raveneffect
Hard Choice.

SOAD is one of the most interesting bands that got onto Mainstream Metal during the dreaded Nu Metal period. They got really big with unorthodox song-structures and unusual combinations like Middle Eastern inspired melodies and Punk combined with Progressive stuff. While I didnt really apreciate the last two, theri first 3 are really good well produced pieces of music and they have a vast combination of really good songs and very few bad ones. Lyrically, they are great, in every way.

RATM is...RATM is....Well...RATM is their first album! Yeah I know, the other two have some cool songs in it but their Self Titled is one of the best Metal Album of the 90's and one of the best of all time in my book. It has everything: Awesome awesome Riffs, Amazing Songs, I mean....the whole fucking Album is pratically their Best Of! It has such a unique feel and Lyrically...boy, SOAD may have great Lyrics but RATM's are just top notch. Zach's angry Rap style made him a preacher for truth, he sounded like a Young Rebel that embodied exactly what the message was going for. And yeah, Tom's guitar style is eternal, he's such a great guitarrist with his very own trademark style...how many guys can actually state that? With this said, the other two were Okay....and that's just it, not great, nothing special. Not even counting Renegades since it's a Covers album.

I still voted SOAD because they made 3 excellent records. They aren't anywere near RATM's debut but it's still a matter of quantity
10.12.2014 - 19:12
raveneffect
Written by deadone on 08.12.2014 at 04:27

I'd say they are both equal in terms of political hypocrisy.

Their "message" can be summed up like this:

"America sucks, capitalism sucks, government sucks...now buy our t-shirt."

This is a political argument right here that I have no interest in getting into. You sum everything in that way because that's the way you want to see it. I'm sure everything's not Black and White like you claim it to be right there.
03.08.2016 - 19:33
Mikolaj
Account deleted
Rage hands down. SOAD are quite good too but RATM the debut beats everything. One of the most memorable debuts ever. The guitar sound they had on their albums is also just too cool.

"Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!!!