15. Corpocrazy
16. In Confidence
17. The Shit Of The System
18. End Of It All

Terror-thrash
Anstalt Records
Unknown
Length: 25:28

"Four activists with various nationalities, backgrounds and histories gathered together and aimed to launch a musical project to be remembered."

Pitbull Terrorist always wear masks in order to stay anonymous, these apparent activists have a whole political story of secrecy and infamy behind them. You decide how much of it you believe, but the most important thing is that their self-proclaimed "terror-thrash" style kicks many bottoms.

The band take no prisoners, this is straight up, hard, aggressive thrash metal that comes at you like a ton of bricks. The "terror-thrash" style can be better described as a cross between thrash-core and death-thrash with plenty of blasting drums through an album of extremely short, quick-fire songs. Pitbull Terrorist take intensity to the next level with 18 songs that together only just make 25 minutes. You'll need to have your seatbelt on for this one whether it is for the thrash-core machine gun salvo of "Dirt Bomb", or for the utterly brutal death-thrash splattering of "In Confidence".

Most astonishing of all is that Pitbull Terrorist are fronted by supposed ex-soldier, "Ursula". A woman. The spitting vocals are great, but without being told you'd have a hard time realising these barks and roars come from someone of the fairer sex. The whole band fit together great, Pitbull Terrorist is an intense, politically charged slap to the face.

C.I.A., or Contraband International Audio is over in a flash and bang, but considering the nature of the band is the right length. It doesn't drag and get boring, the band explode onto the scene and then make their escape before you've had chance to realise what you've just been hit by. Of course you're not going to find the meaning of life within, but for this "terror-thrash" style the album is seamless.

Make sure to get your hands on the Pitbull Terrorist's offering before they are found by the authorities and your government puts a stop to you enjoying this kind of music.

For more information of the band, follow this link.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written on 07.11.2009 by Member of Staff since 2006

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 89 users
07.11.2009 - 19:29
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Ursula, huh...I wouldn't bet my money on her being a woman, hehe...
Other than that, from the description they seem to be in close relationship with crime lords Brujeria, hahaha...
07.11.2009 - 19:33
Who'sRichard?

The music is good, though the lyrics sound like a restatement of everything Napalm Death, Misery Index, etc. have said on the subject. Also, the "wearing masks to not get arrested" act is hard to take seriously after Brujeria did the same thing nearly 20 years ago as a joke. Still an enjoyable listen.

Ah! Metal Maiden got the brujeria comment in first! glad to see I'm not the only one
08.11.2009 - 03:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
When I read about the masks and political stuff The first thing that I thought was Brujeria. This music is good but not really my cup of tea, the voice doesn't sound like a woman at all, most of the time it's really clear, even when women growl, but this girl have a brutal voice.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.11.2009 - 03:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Why do people think of Brujeria when they read about political stuff?

Brujeria was about drugs and gangs so no politics
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.11.2009 - 06:02
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.11.2009 at 03:45

Why do people think of Brujeria when they read about political stuff?

Brujeria was about drugs and gangs so no politics

It's not about the political stuff, it's about the masks and the false identities, which of course are not 100% the same, but the fact that there are masks and identities remains...
08.11.2009 - 15:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
What he said... And I've read some politicis related lyrics in Brujeria's lyrics, at leats in Raza Odiada, but yeah, not that much anyway.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.01.2010 - 21:07
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
THE GIRL SINGS!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum