Metal Storm logo
Best Iron Maiden Golden era closing track?

Original post

Posted by IronBlackZepp, 12.11.2009 - 09:50
The albums: The Number of the Beast, Peice of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are oftin said to be albums that make up what many fans call Iron Maiden's golden era(1982 through 1989). So I thought that I would open a poll asking which song from these great albums do you think has the best effect as an album ending song.

They are in order.
Hallowed be Thy Name, from The Number of the Beast(1982).
To Tame a Land, from Peice of Mind(1983).
Rime of the Ancient Mariner, from Powerslave(1984).
Alexander the Great, from Somewhere in Time(1986).
Only the Good Die Young, from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son(1988).

My pick is Hallowed Be Thy Name, although the first four are all very close. Only the good Die Young is great, but not quite as epic as the first four.

Poll

What is your favorite closing song off of the golden era albums?

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Alexander the Great
Only the Good Die Young
To Tame a Land

Total votes: 75
17.02.2012 - 18:26
Guib
Thrash Talker
See like I said, no show, no contest, it was obvious that Hallowed would win this
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.02.2012 - 23:10
Hallowed is a great track but I prefer songs like Alexander the Great and Rime of the Ancient Mariner. The march in the beginning of Alexander the Great and the slow part in the leading up the Bruce's high note on Rime of the Ancient Mariner. I also prefer Nicko's drumming to Clive.
06.10.2012 - 01:29
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
All of these songs are great, but I think Rime of the Ancient Mariner closes out one of my least favorite "golden era" albums in Powerslave with the highest note.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).