Metal Storm logo
Kekal

25.07.2006 - 21:46
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
So, does anyone know about this band? They were refered to me a while back, and just last night I got their first album, Beyond The Glimpse Of Dreams. I have to say, I am very impressed whith what I heard. Now, I am by no means a Black Metal expert, but I really liked their style. Maybe part of it had to be the awesomely powerful lyrics, but the instrumentation and vocals were great. I am trying to track down more of their material. But I just wanted to see if anyone else knew of these guys.
----
(space for rent)
25.07.2006 - 21:50
Damnated
Churchburner
I wouldn't call them black metal, but besides that, Kekal is a really good band, I have only The Painful Experience, wich is an outstanding album. Hard to find their music, though.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.07.2006 - 02:32
Etiam
Remind me of a mix between Cales and Sigh.

Pretty interesting, but have that strange attribute so many of those fairly inventive Japanese bands do-- they lack compelling consistancy.
----
Circumspice
---
While, like a ghastly rapid river,
Through the pale door
A hideous throng rush out forever
And laugh-but smile no more.
-Poe
26.07.2006 - 08:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Extremely good avantgarde black metal band. There first couple of releases were certainly black metal, but they have moved away from that sound quite a bit. I usually compare their evolution to that of Mork Gryning.
1000 Thoguhts of Violence is a brilliant album as is their latest effort, Acidity.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.07.2006 - 23:42
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Ozman, what exactly is their new sound? I only have the ewarliest album, and am currious what the new material is like.
----
(space for rent)
27.07.2006 - 04:42
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I have had only the chance of listening to some songs off their "The Painful Experience" album. They put these very melodic parts in their music and then they switch to this raw sound. The vocalist is pretty good; he has this Black Metal voice and then switches to a "prophet" like (that is the way I can describe it) voice at moments, giving the music another dimension. The drummer has no mercy for that drum kit, he is pretty good. I did not know they were Christian though.

@Etiam:

They are not from Japan but Indonesia. It seems you are saying that they are from that country.
----
Christless
27.07.2006 - 17:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Dane Train on 26.07.2006 at 23:42

Ozman, what exactly is their new sound? I only have the ewarliest album, and am currious what the new material is like.

Their new sound is much more all over the place, more experimentasl, switching between subgenres within a song, sometimes a bit progressive. If I were you I would certainly give the new sound a try. I think you'll prefer it to their older sound.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.07.2006 - 18:52
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.07.2006 at 17:51

Their new sound is much more all over the place, more experimentasl, switching between subgenres within a song, sometimes a bit progressive. If I were you I would certainly give the new sound a try. I think you'll prefer it to their older sound.

Thank you very much Ozman. I tend to trust your recomendations in metal over most other people, so I will surley try getting all their material this year. Again, thanks.
----
(space for rent)
01.08.2006 - 01:04
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Darth Satanious on 27.07.2006 at 04:42

The drummer has no mercy for that drum kit, he is pretty good.

They use a drum machine
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
15.08.2006 - 23:17
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Damnated on 01.08.2006 at 01:04

Written by Darth Satanious on 27.07.2006 at 04:42

The drummer has no mercy for that drum kit, he is pretty good.

They use a drum machine

I just got owned. I totally ignored that.
----
Christless
13.09.2006 - 00:34
necrowild
Account deleted
There are couple things I need to clarify:
1. KEKAL is not (and has never been) a black metal band, even their debut isn't black metal by my opinion
2. KEKAL is not a christian band
3. KEKAL haven't used a drum machine since their 3rd album, but instead a "hybrid-drums" (combination of human performance and programmed beats)

They are now, in my opinion, one of the best avant-garde metal bands around. You should check out their 4th album "1000 Thoughts of Violence" and 5th album "Acidity", amazing stuff. Their myspace page has some songs to check out: http://myspace.com/kekal

Chack out my interview with the bandleader/guitarist/vocalist Jeff, that's pretty intersting:
http://nekroblog.blogspot.com/2005/02/kekal-in-depth-interview-1.html

(well, I know Jeff in person so i would be a little bit bias...... )
15.09.2006 - 08:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 13.09.2006 at 00:34

There are couple things I need to clarify:

2. KEKAL is not a christian band

Yes, you are right. I read an interview in Aardschok Magazine quite some time ago where they even said this themselves. I think they are labeled as Christian is because they are under contract of Fear Dark records (which is of course a Christian metal label.)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2006 - 18:45
SilentScream
Blasphemer
The only song I heard of theirs was a christmas song! Pretty good though.
I guess I'll check out the band more in detail though.
Try to find the christmas song if you can, it is worth it.

Now Playing : Kekal - God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
17.09.2006 - 10:23
FOOCK Nam
I got 1 mp3 of Kekal, titled Empty Space, from 1 compilation of metal storm, i guess Empty Space is produced lately because its not black metal.
27.02.2008 - 16:04
pietje
Account deleted
I think in this case that Kekal is more christian than fear dark. I know that Kekal doens't consider themselves as a christian band, but I read their lyics well and those have often a less or more clear christian message. And other fear dark bands like royal anguish, slechtvalk, morphia and in the past eluveitie aren't christian at all. Their great christian bands like Sympathy and Immortal Souls have left fear dark and only the christian death band Taketh has returned for it. So, I don't consider fear dark as christian, whatever the personal believes from the owners is.
26.01.2011 - 03:44
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
elite
Was Kekal - 8 finally released? anyone knows? it seems it havent
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
05.06.2012 - 22:15
3plezer0
Written by Music4TheSpirit on 26.01.2011 at 03:44

It's released on December 2010. More info @ http://kekal.bandcamp.com/album/8

They will release ANOTHER album this year, called "Autonomy". I don't know exactly when because release date hasn't been announced yet by the band, but they just released a new video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/spitonself with the new song from the album.
07.06.2012 - 21:42
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
elite
Written by 3plezer0 on 05.06.2012 at 22:15

They will release ANOTHER album this year, called "Autonomy". I don't know exactly when because release date hasn't been announced yet by the band, but they just released a new video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/spitonself with the new song from the album.

I don't know what's the deal with this guys gettind a decent deal, or going on their way in an elaborated indie way, I will waiting for this new album but as i have been so disconnect this year i dont know if get the chance to pay attention to it.
----
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
08.06.2012 - 17:45
3plezer0
Written by Music4TheSpirit on 07.06.2012 at 21:42

Written by 3plezer0 on 05.06.2012 at 22:15

I don't know what's the deal with this guys gettind a decent deal, or going on their way in an elaborated indie way, I will waiting for this new album but as i have been so disconnect this year i dont know if get the chance to pay attention to it.

I don't think the band will release the new album with a larger record label. Kekal always maintain the DIY ethic (independence & copyright ownership). My bet is they will stay with small indie labels like Whirlwind Records or similar labels.
08.06.2012 - 21:08
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
elite
Written by 3plezer0 on 08.06.2012 at 17:45

I don't think the band will release the new album with a larger record label. Kekal always maintain the DIY ethic (independence & copyright ownership). My bet is they will stay with small indie labels like Whirlwind Records or similar labels.

Well i don't really mean a big label, but a solid distribution, and clear promotion in their latest albums they got problems with the realease of the albums, because if im not wrong it was with Audible Minority the only released incompleted on internet, and then i dont have idea if they actually release it on cd, the whole version. they can go indie, but with a solid strategy!
----