Metal Storm logo
Best Arabian Metal Band

Original post

Posted by , 20.11.2009 - 15:28
The reason why I made this forum I just wanted to know if there is any fans on Metalstorm, favorite Arabian band? favorite album? favorite songs? Personally my favorite band is Oath To Vanquish.

Also check this list:
Top Arabian Metal Albums
16.03.2011 - 13:21
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.03.2011 at 16:39

Ashmedi is half Armenian, half Assyrian, an Oriantal Christ. There is the band Aeternam from Canada, the Mastermind is Achraf Loudiy, a student from Marroco. The music is a mix between Nile, Behemoth, Melechesh and marrocian music. It can be counted as Arabian band, since the mastermind behind it is an Arab, who had an band in Marocco.
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=5519
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540285080

Aeternam are awesome reminds me of Arkan, Melechesh and Nile, btw did you heard the new Kaoteon,s album the band from lebanon they released a new album masterd by Dan Swano.
16.03.2011 - 14:02
Pennywise213
Account deleted
I listened their music on Youtube, they are a hardcore mix of death, grindcore and even folky black metal. They are very pissed off, not technical but authentic. A nice shift from all the technical constructed death metal bands without this passion and authentic emotions. They also sing in Arabic. Here listen to this track, its the folky black one.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UR51wnncbI&feature=related

Musically weak compared to Nercevell or Oath to Vanquish, but authentic atmosphäre.
16.03.2011 - 20:18
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by .Nemesis. on 13.03.2011 at 05:26

Written by Darkside Momo on 13.03.2011 at 03:50

Written by .Nemesis. on 13.03.2011 at 03:39

Melechesh. End of story.

Well, as they're originally from Israel, and not Arabic for all I know, they're out-topic...

you mean Israel isn't arabic?

Actually, Israel is a Hebrew nation. Close as they are, Hebrew =/= Arabic, nor is Arabic = Persian.
16.03.2011 - 23:08
.Nemesis.

Written by Guest on 16.03.2011 at 20:18

Melechesh. End of story.

Well, as they're originally from Israel, and not Arabic for all I know, they're out-topic...

Actually, Israel is a Hebrew nation. Close as they are, Hebrew =/= Arabic, nor is Arabic = Persian.

Yeah. Sucks I can't be in the shoutbox anymore though.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
17.03.2011 - 13:15
JD
Account deleted

Seriously what!!?
17.03.2011 - 13:20
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.03.2011 at 14:02

I listened their music on Youtube, they are a hardcore mix of death, grindcore and even folky black metal. They are very pissed off, not technical but authentic. A nice shift from all the technical constructed death metal bands without this passion and authentic emotions. They also sing in Arabic. Here listen to this track, its the folky black one.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UR51wnncbI&feature=related

Musically weak compared to Nercevell or Oath to Vanquish, but authentic atmosphäre.

Unfortunately i don't agree with you, the album is very good and i won't call it "hardcore mix of death, grindcore and even folky black metal" i will say Blackend Death\Thrash Metal.
17.03.2011 - 13:41
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.03.2011 at 13:15

Seriously what!!?

Anything wrong?
17.03.2011 - 15:33
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.03.2011 at 13:41

Seriously what!!?

Anything wrong?

Yeah about "Hebrew =/= Arabic, nor is Arabic = Persian" what you meant by that?
17.03.2011 - 15:48
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.03.2011 at 15:33

Written by Guest on 17.03.2011 at 13:41

Seriously what!!?

Anything wrong?

Yeah about "Hebrew =/= Arabic, nor is Arabic = Persian" what you meant by that?

What I meant was that Israel is not an arabic country. They're a jewish one. the sign "=/=" stands for "not the same". Same thing with arabic and persian, they're not exactly the same; they have similarities as well as differences.

Hope I've been clear in my explanations.
17.03.2011 - 15:53
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.03.2011 at 15:48

What I meant was that Israel is not an arabic country. They're a jewish one. the sign "=/=" stands for "not the same". Same thing with arabic and persian, they're not exactly the same; they have similarities as well as differences.

Hope I've been clear in my explanations.

That sign was confusing for me and yes you are right
27.03.2011 - 04:04
Yasmine

Written by Darkside Momo on 13.03.2011 at 10:29

Melechesh. End of story.

Well, no, Israel is a Jewish country. Sure, Arab people do live there, but I'm pretty certain Ashmedi himself is from Jewish descent

I loathe starting crap, but ......a Jew is a member of the Jewish religion, and can be any race. I've seen members of their band in the new video which was sick.......
They're arab as hell. Arab is a genetic subrace, Judaism has NOTHING to do with race. They're an arabic band.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
27.03.2011 - 04:20
0rpheus

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 04:04

They're arab as hell. Arab is a genetic subrace, Judaism has NOTHING to do with race. They're an arabic band.

Well, it's complicated since they started their career in Jerusalem (which is an Arabian city before the British Mandate and so the state of Israel) along with Bethlehem (Arabian Palestinian city) but then they moved to Netherlands.
MELECHESH is made up of three ethnicities, none of them of Israeli (whether Jewish or Arab) origin: Armenian/Assyrian (Ashmedi), Palestinian (Moloch), Dutch (Xul)
I guess we can say they're an oriental band.
----
I would prefer not to.
28.03.2011 - 23:51
kokosho

Written by 0rpheus on 27.03.2011 at 04:20

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 04:04

Well, it's complicated since they started their career in Jerusalem (which is an Arabian city before the British Mandate and so the state of Israel) along with Bethlehem (Arabian Palestinian city) but then they moved to Netherlands.
MELECHESH is made up of three ethnicities, none of them of Israeli (whether Jewish or Arab) origin: Armenian/Assyrian (Ashmedi), Palestinian (Moloch), Dutch (Xul)
I guess we can say they're an oriental band.

is it history lesson or something????;D I think you've cleared everything now so the history lesson must be over soon
29.03.2011 - 01:57
0rpheus

Written by kokosho on 28.03.2011 at 23:51

is it history lesson or something????;D I think you've cleared everything now so the history lesson must be over soon

Do you know about history... It never ends!
----
I would prefer not to.
29.04.2011 - 00:50
DaReDeViL

Origin

Al Qaynah

Beyond East
04.05.2011 - 21:37
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.03.2011 at 16:39

There is the band Aeternam from Canada, the Mastermind is Achraf Loudiy, a student from Marroco. The music is a mix between Nile, Behemoth, Melechesh and marrocian music. It can be counted as Arabian band, since the mastermind behind it is an Arab, who had an band in Marocco.
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=5519
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540285080

Are you sure that he is from Morocco? i thought he is a Lebanese.
05.05.2011 - 16:13
Pennywise213
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

Are you sure that he is from Morocco? i thought he is a Lebanese.

He stated in a german interview that he is a student from marroco, where he had his own band.
06.05.2011 - 17:39
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 05.05.2011 at 16:13

He stated in a german interview that he is a student from marroco, where he had his own band.

If you have a link for this interview, share it please.
07.05.2011 - 00:52
Pennywise213
Account deleted
Quote:

If you have a link for this interview, share it please.

I have found an english interview stating his orign: http://heavymetal.about.com/od/interviews/a/aeternaminterview.htm
28.06.2011 - 23:40
0rpheus

----
I would prefer not to.
17.08.2011 - 18:49
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Nervecell is the best arabian metal band for sure.
28.10.2011 - 21:23
Misfit74

Sonne Adam (Israel).

Disclaimer: also the only one I can think of. They're really good, though.
28.10.2011 - 21:32
JD
Account deleted
Written by Misfit74 on 28.10.2011 at 21:23

Sonne Adam (Israel).

Disclaimer: also the only one I can think of. They're really good, though.

For the million time Jewish, Persian, and Pakistanian bands etc.. are not Arabs!
28.10.2011 - 21:37
JD
Account deleted
Written by 0rpheus on 28.06.2011 at 23:40

I remember this band when their name was Chaos, copying Lamb of God, if you ask me, but not bad.

They are Palestinians lives in Tel Aviv, if I'm not wrong.
28.10.2011 - 23:34
JD
Account deleted
Written by DaReDeViL on 29.04.2011 at 00:50

-Origin
-Al Qaynah
-Beyond East

Thanks for mentioning these three Egyptian bands, I have only heard of Origin good Oriental stuff, and I just listened to some songs by Beyond East, and Al Qaynah, they aren't bad at all.
28.11.2011 - 09:42
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
Anyryzm is one of the good new bands, they had Martin Lopez [Ex-Opeth] as a session drummer, may be they dont have oriental touch, but they worth checking for Prog Metal Heads .,. and Bader Nana also a promising solo artist from Lebanon , based on Kuwait
12.02.2012 - 16:40
Solemn23
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.02.2012 at 16:27
M I D D L E - E A S T E R N

MELECHESH (formely ISRAEL, now HOLLAND - brilliant middle-eastern epic black-thrash metal)
note: they became rather shit after their heraldic release "Emissaries".

ABSU (USA - another brilliant black-thrash metal band that incorporates a ton of middle-eastern influences)
note1: also check out EQUIMANTHORN = great ritual dark ambient from (former) members of ABSU.
note2: no actual middle eastern band members.

NILE (USA - superb oriental inspired technical death metal)
note1: "In Their Darkened Shrines" & "Those Whome The Gods Detest" = their bast albums

NECROS CHRISTOS (GERMANY - vicious death metal with sublime accoustic middle-eastern intermezzo's)
note1: also check RA AL DEE EXPERIENCE = an all middle eastern folkloric accoustic project from members of NECROS CHRISTOS.
note2: no actual middle eastern bandmembers (for as far as I know)

AL NAMROOD (SAUDI ARABIA - suprisingly good melodic, middle-eastern black metal
note: also check MEPHISOPHILUS = rawer black metal project from an AL NAMROOD member.

SCARAB (EGYPT - decent standard death metal)

ORPHANED LAND (ISRAEL - some interesting melodies and/or riffs here or there, but nothing extremely appealing, imo.)
note: O.L. are middle eastern hippies

CRESCENT (EGYPT - brutal death metal with middle-eastern scale patern riffing)
note: I just came across this band, and seemed to be legit.

MORBAD (IRAN - nice rancid technical death-thrash metal)

quote below taken from my post in this topic: http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=28171

& Why divide and seclude only "Arabian" metal here, and even going against supposed Jewish/Hebrew and Persian metal? Isn't the metal scene over there small enough already, to divide it into too much subcatagories already? Israel based bands such as Melechesh (formely), Damaar, Sonne Adam, Bischop of Hexen, etc.. seem to be just as much of a local asset the scene for decent music.

(NOTE: I AM FULLY AWARE OF ALL THE DIFFERENCES & CONFLICTS BETWEEN MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE, AND EVEN AMONGST SEMITIC PEOPLE. I DO NOT INTEND TO GENERALIZE YOU ALL AS "THE SAME" WITH THIS QUESTION/STATEMENT)
12.02.2012 - 16:42
Solemn23
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.02.2012 at 16:40

Written by Guest on 12.02.2012 at 16:27
M I D D L E - E A S T E R N

MELECHESH (formely ISRAEL, now HOLLAND - brilliant middle-eastern epic black-thrash metal)
note: they became rather shit after their heraldic release "Emissaries".

ABSU (USA - another brilliant black-thrash metal band that incorporates a ton of middle-eastern influences)
note1: also check out EQUIMANTHORN = great ritual dark ambient from (former) members of ABSU.

NILE (USA - superb oriental inspired technical death metal)
note1: "In Their Darkened Shrines" & "Those Whome The Gods Detest" = their bast albums

NECROS CHRISTOS (GERMANY - vicious death metal with sublime accoustic middle-eastern intermezzo's)
note1: also check RA AL DEE EXPERIENCE = an all middle eastern folkloric accoustic project from members of NECROS CHRISTOS.
note2: no actual middle eastern bandmembers (for as far as I know)

AL NAMROOD (SAUDI ARABIA - suprisingly good melodic, middle-eastern black metal
note: also check MEPHISOPHILUS = rawer black metal project from an AL NAMROOD member.

SCARAB (EGYPT - decent standard death metal)

ORPHANED LAND (ISRAEL - some interesting melodies and/or riffs here or there, but nothing extremely appealing, imo.)
note: O.L. are middle eastern hippies

MORBAD (IRAN - nice rancid technical death-thrash metal)

Quote above taken from my post in this topic: http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=28171

& Why divide and seclude only "Arabian" metal here, and even going against supposed Jewish/Hebrew and Persian metal? Isn't the metal scene over there small enough already, to divide it into too much subcatagories already? Israel based bands such as Melechesh (formely), Damaar, Sonne Adam, Bischop of Hexen, etc.. seem to be just as much of a local asset the scene for decent music.

(NOTE: I AM FULLY AWARE OF ALL THE DIFFERENCES & CONFLICTS BETWEEN MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE, AND EVEN AMONGST SEMITIC PEOPLE. I DO NOT INTEND TO GENERALIZE YOU ALL AS "THE SAME" WITH THIS QUESTION/STATEMENT. THIS IS A REGIONAL/TOPOGRAPHICAL, NON-POLITICAL, NON-RELIGIOUS, NON-SOCIAL REMARK)
24.02.2012 - 19:44
0rpheus

Written by Guest on 12.02.2012 at 16:40

I'm glad to know that someone is aware of these guys. They are my favorite local band along with Scarab. They are going to hit the studio by next month to record their full length album. They were also featured in Global Metal Talent

Written by Guest on 12.02.2012 at 16:42

I agree with the concept, this topic is limited but it's older than "Oriental/Mid-Eastern Sound in Metal Music"
----
I would prefer not to.
24.02.2012 - 21:53
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
I remember some good medieval bands... Listened to some months ago, but I don't recall which ones.