Metal Storm logo
Therion - New Album In The Making

Therion's webmaster has offered the following update:

"It has been a long time since you have heard anything new from Therion now, so I thought I should give a few updates.

As you may or may not know, Therion is in progress of recording a new album. As usual, Therion is being very secretive about the entire process, but I will reveal some details: a new studio has been built for most of the recording of this album. The mix, and a few recordings, will be done at another studio - "A truly legendary studio!" according to Chris. Expect something spectacular, even by Therion's standards!

The recording will continue for the rest of the year, and probably also through January."

Source: megatherion.com
Band profile: Therion
Posted: 20.11.2009 by Overlord_PT

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 151 users
20.11.2009 - 20:48
Enissa

Finally!! hope it will be better than Gothic Kabbalah, like they return tothe vein of vovin & Secret of the Runes
20.11.2009 - 21:38
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Gothic Kabbalah was pretty good IMHO, so let's hope they stay on track
And need to see how Vikström fits in.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
20.11.2009 - 21:48
silenius

Fuck yea, gothic kabbalah was a great album, think they can evovle nicely along that vein tbh
20.11.2009 - 21:50
ylside

Excellent, the only thing I hope for is to hear something I dont expect !
20.11.2009 - 21:53
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Well.. now im gonna expect somthing spectacular for Therion standards..

1% worse and Im gonna hate the album
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.11.2009 - 22:10
nb

Therion has never disappointed me when they release new material, it is always awesome.
I will miss however Kristian Niemann's guitar solos, which are some of the most mindblowing solos ever.
20.11.2009 - 22:46
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Im really waiting to hear the new album, they are always different hehe!
20.11.2009 - 22:51
Opethian

Gothic was really great ! i know you can do it Chris ! TO MEGA THERION ! Also new Rhapsody ! 2010 is going to be another great year for Metal music
20.11.2009 - 22:59
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
At last !!!! havnt heard of therion for a long time, i'm sure this new album will be great like most their albums:metal:
20.11.2009 - 23:24
Graveheart

Gothic Kabbalah turned out to be my favorite Therion album in the end (and no, it wasn't the first one I heard and I've enjoyed them all from Theli and onwards) so this will be the most exciting thing for me next year.
21.11.2009 - 00:19
Symmachus

This should be interesting...
21.11.2009 - 00:58
Overlord_PT

Written by Symmachus on 21.11.2009 at 00:19

This should be interesting...

hell yeah
21.11.2009 - 04:53
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I prefer earlier records like Theli or Vovin, I even really like the very first album "Of Darkness". Somehow, the last album didn't amaze me as their previous records. Still Therion are one of my very favorite bands, so I'll check this for sure, I'm more expectant about this since almost all the line-up left the band.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
21.11.2009 - 08:08
Nightmare_Heaven

I'd kill to have Piotr Wawrzeniuk do vocal work on this album. His voice is amazing and the songs he participated in are my favorite Therion songs. After hearing the way his voice fits the music, no on else really pushes it over the awesome edge for me the way he does. I wish he'd been permanent. He really fits Therion.
21.11.2009 - 17:27
Dominus
The Shooter
This news produced a orgasm to me!!!!!!!
I can't wait for this release!!!!!
21.11.2009 - 20:30
Quetzalli

Written by Nightmare_Heaven on 21.11.2009 at 08:08

I'd kill to have Piotr Wawrzeniuk do vocal work on this album. His voice is amazing and the songs he participated in are my favorite Therion songs. After hearing the way his voice fits the music, no on else really pushes it over the awesome edge for me the way he does. I wish he'd been permanent. He really fits Therion.

I agree with this completely. Piotr is awesome.
----
"I want to see the old gods rule again..."

Hits total: 3609 | This month: 4