Metal Storm logo
Jeff Healey Band

21.11.2009 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
A Canadian blues musician and singer. As you all know he died this year and was blind from birth,, but it doesnt metter, his muisc was awesome, many has herad him probobly but didnt know its Jeff Healey, also he wasin one good film 1989 playing him self together whit Patric Sweyze , realy awesome artists , I havnt heard all of his albums but what I have, it was wounderfool , and his vocals was good to,

Your thoughts
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.11.2009 - 06:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
He's dead? Damn...I guess everyone will remember his...what...two...pretty bland bluesy bar-band rock tunes from the late 80s? And his cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps?
23.11.2009 - 06:51
Derwood

Written by Guest on 23.11.2009 at 06:24

He's dead? Damn...I guess everyone will remember his...what...two...pretty bland bluesy bar-band rock tunes from the late 80s? And his cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps?

Pretty sad to see a Canadian dissing Jeff Healey. Maybe if you had a modicum of interest in our cultural heritage you'd have a little respect for a very talented musician. Yeah, he only had a couple popular blues-rock hits, but he was most respected as a jazz musician where his later work was focused. Jeff might not have played a style of music that appeals to you, but he was an extraordinarily talented musician on both guitar and trumpet. He battled cancer just about his entire life, losing his eyesight young because of it and it was cancer that ended up killing him last year, but he never let the illness interfere with his love of playing.

The fact that the guy eschewed popular commercial success in order to play the music he loved should earn him a bit of respect from metal fans rather than ignorant dissing from his countrymen.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
23.11.2009 - 13:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 23.11.2009 at 06:24

I might be wrong but he died 2008 or 2009 from some cancer or some other medical stuff , pretty simmilar what was whit Partiz Sweayze ,
----

apos;'
[image]
25.11.2009 - 19:27
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Derwood: That was a really stupid response to me...did you read me posting 'Jeff Healy sucks and his music is terrible!'?...huh? did you? And yes, his music was bland...and I can type whatever the fuck I want buddy...oh no! I'm dissing a Canadian musician! That must mean that for some reason I don't care about our cultural heritage! What the fuck does not being a fan of Jeff Healy have to do with not being interested in our cultural heritage anyway? Get a life...don't EVER call me ignorant because I'm not...I don't just listen to metal...I'm SO FUCKING SICK of people saying 'oh, you are ignorant'...that wasn't even an ignorant comment! WOW you made me pissed off! My comment wasn't even ignorant! It was semi sarcastic...asshole...I bet you were one of those kids on the playground who bullied other kids and made them do what you wanted to right? I have quite a well developed knowledge of music and am welll educated so you can stick it up your ass...what does Jeff Healy have to do with our cultural heritage anyway? Where in any of his lyrics or musical styling emotes any degree of Canadian cultural heritage? Amen...who is ignorant? If I was "dissing" Ann Muray, Stompin' Tom Conners, Rita McNeil, etc...then yes, you could say that I'm ignorant and have no respect for our cultural heritage but in THIS case? No...sorry...
25.11.2009 - 20:14
Derwood

Written by Guest on 25.11.2009 at 19:27

Get a life...don't EVER call me ignorant because I'm not...I don't just listen to metal...I'm SO FUCKING SICK of people saying 'oh, you are ignorant'...that wasn't even an ignorant comment! WOW you made me pissed off! My comment wasn't even ignorant!

You seem to be reading something in my comment that wasn't my intention, Kap'N.

I never used the word ignorant, nor do I believe I implied it. I just thought your post was pretty disrespectful of a talented Canadian musician whose work you gave the impression of only being familiar with his rather limited popular songs.

I wasn't decrying any ignorance on your part, your post just struck me as pretty disrespectful of Jeff, and that pissed me off. That's all.

My "modicum of interest" comment was a little off base since I don't know you, but I was pissed off, as you were by my response. My apologies for that one. There's a big difference between a lack of interest and ignorance, and I in no way meant to imply you were ignorant and I stand corrected on your interest.

And for the record, I was the kid who made the bullies leave the other kids alone.
----
25.11.2009 - 20:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Derwood: You typed 'ignorant dissing' dude...whatever, I'm not steamed anymore...I was actually coming back to my laptop to edit my message and take out a lot of nasty things because I'm not that type of person...I should practice that I preach because I really am a hypocrite...I tell other people not to be so derogatory and yet I do it...and I went to university for six years and took a slew of university level music courses so I'm not in the dark about different genres of music, that is for sure...

I'm still unsure as to whether or not Jeff Healy has much connection to Canadian cultural heritage...
25.11.2009 - 20:50
Derwood

Shit, you're right. I read over my post again and missed it.

Sorry about that.

Towards the end of his career, Jeff was getting some real international notice in the Jazz scene, releasing a few albums of 20's-40's era jazz and touring with his band playing mostly hot jazz live. He'll never likely be as well known as the likes of Stompin' Tom or Rita McNeil, or Randy Bachman, Geddy Lee, Leonard Cohen, Diana Krall..., but within Jazz circles he is known internationally as a very talented Canadian musician.
----
26.11.2009 - 02:12
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I guess if he was known within jazz circles across the globe than he is obviously relevent to Canadian cultural heritage...cultural heritage DOES mean intangible attributes of a group or society...jazz circles are groups or societies so there you go hah...I'm a fan of jazz so I'll look more into his work...
26.03.2020 - 15:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
On May 22, Eagle Rock Entertainment will celebrate the genius of guitarist/blues-rock vocalist Jeff Healey, with the release of a two-disc deluxe edition of "Heal My Soul". For the first time, this critically acclaimed masterpiece will be packaged with its companion album "Holding On". This will also be released on digital formats.

artwork n tracks there
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jeff-healey-heal-my-soul-deluxe-edition-to-include-companion-album-holding-on/
----

apos;'
[image]