Metal Storm logo
Haggard

Original post

Posted by Bas, 17.05.2006 - 14:31
Haggard is my alltime favourite band, an excellent combination of classic and death-/thrashmetal, my favourite album of theirs is Eppur Si Muove and my favourite song the title track of that album

cant wait for their new cd which will be released in a short time
10.03.2009 - 02:41
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Written by Diabolos on 09.03.2009 at 20:08

Written by GT on 09.03.2009 at 20:01

Written by Diabolos on 09.03.2009 at 18:59

And I think there exists also another cover but i don't know who the singer was

That would be Sarah Brightman. She does a very good job on that song

Yeah, now i remember! I think it's a great song and i like all the versions (that i know ^^)

Also Stravaganzza , the spanish melodic metal band, did a cover of this song! I recently listened to it
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
10.03.2009 - 12:38
Ernis
狼獾
Written by GT on 09.03.2009 at 20:01

Written by Diabolos on 09.03.2009 at 18:59

And I think there exists also another cover but i don't know who the singer was

That would be Sarah Brightman. She does a very good job on that song

And Montserrat Caballet has sung it as well....everything about this song is beautiful....
10.03.2009 - 21:57
GT
Coffee!!
Didn't know that...anyway it's pretty much of topic so back on topic again: I'm actually not a very big fan of the Haggard version of that song. There's just something missing, probably because I can't help compare it with the mentioned Sarah Brightman version.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
22.03.2009 - 22:31
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Yesterday I saw them live and I have to say it's the best live band I've seen so far and there's not even a band which is close to Haggard
23.03.2009 - 18:06
Ernis
狼獾
Written by GT on 10.03.2009 at 21:57

Didn't know that...anyway it's pretty much of topic so back on topic again: I'm actually not a very big fan of the Haggard version of that song. There's just something missing, probably because I can't help compare it with the mentioned Sarah Brightman version.

I heard Sarah singing it last night here in Beijing....she indeed does a lovely job with the song (although she has a funny Spanish accent)....

Sorry for the offtopic....

Now the ontopic....Sarah should consider some projects with Haggard....together they would raise the roofs of all venues...
23.03.2009 - 19:32
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Ernis on 23.03.2009 at 18:06

Written by GT on 10.03.2009 at 21:57

I heard Sarah singing it last night here in Beijing....she indeed does a lovely job with the song (although she has a funny Spanish accent)....

Sorry for the offtopic....

Now the ontopic....Sarah should consider some projects with Haggard....together they would raise the roofs of all venues...

That would be grand indeed. I might even consider travelling to experience that
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.03.2009 - 04:19
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Written by Ernis on 23.03.2009 at 18:06

Tho it would be really nice to see such thing, i don't really think she would go for it, she has her target and it's not exactly related to metal or metalheads... I remember wathcing one of her dvd's she did a song wich it's kind of dark and includes some electric guitar, but she's not going further than that.
----
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
11.09.2009 - 09:36
RyanH

Requiem In D-Minor!
26.01.2010 - 13:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
They will come here in mid-august to play a medieval festival in the north of the country, i'm thinking of getting there, but i have one question: are they as fucking EPIC as they sound in the studio?
26.01.2010 - 14:10
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Valentin B on 26.01.2010 at 13:43

They will come here in mid-august to play a medieval festival in the north of the country, i'm thinking of getting there, but i have one question: are they as fucking EPIC as they sound in the studio?

Yes

They're a good live band, if you like their album material you should go for it.
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
26.01.2010 - 15:39
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
They are even more epic live if you ask me
03.03.2010 - 01:56
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Interesting, that's good to hear, i have always had hear/read rumors about their live album being kind of fake, or studio arranged...
----
28.10.2010 - 11:37
FOOCK Nam

I need Recommendation on Haggard: songs/album has more of both growl and male clean vocal. I exclude female vocal. Thanks
17.02.2020 - 13:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
HAGGARD
4 February at 16:27 ·
HAGGARD in TÜRKIYE in April 2020!!!!

We are happy to celebrate the 30 years of Haggard aniversary with you!!!

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing