Metal Storm logo
Haggard

Original post

Posted by Bas, 17.05.2006 - 14:31
Haggard is my alltime favourite band, an excellent combination of classic and death-/thrashmetal, my favourite album of theirs is Eppur Si Muove and my favourite song the title track of that album

cant wait for their new cd which will be released in a short time
20.01.2008 - 17:36
Bas
Retired Staff
since i know another turk named Asis, and nasseri doesnt sound to unturkish either if you ask me, that would be me guess
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
23.01.2008 - 13:55
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Hamird on 20.01.2008 at 11:02

Written by Varegan on 30.12.2007 at 22:26

Written by Stalker on 30.12.2007 at 22:06

Written by Varegan on 29.12.2007 at 02:39

do anybody know anything about Asis Nasseri's nationality?
his name looks like a Persian (or Arabic) name.and his face and his hair color also.he should be Iranian or Turkish!

There are many Turks in Germany as far as I know, so thats probably answer to your question.

No!!! he must be Iranian because his behavior is quite like fat Iranian people (like my uncle )

Such an intresting guy Asis Nasseri is. I heard that is born in a French family. In Germany. named like Iranians. looks like Arabs. and you are saying that he is Turkish ... so he is an international man

where did you hear that ? I found no bio about him.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
23.01.2008 - 14:10
Stalker
Lone wanderer
LOL where did you read that, I wanna see that, if hes really french, than its quite unexpected ... damn
----
24.01.2008 - 07:39
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
o0o0o Haggard. Recently I got into them. I was just randomly downloading music. And I came across to them, the first song I heard was Eppur Si Muove. Now Im in love with that band. XD

Hails!
23.05.2008 - 18:40
baldur

is there any sign whether they will produce their new album or not ?
are they dead or sth? there is no information at all
26.05.2008 - 16:14
Dagorwen

Hey, I was looking for a topic about that fantastic band!!!! I love them and have the same fear as Baldur: what the hell do they do?
They are really great, the mix between Renaissance and metal is genial!!! (I find it really better done than Corvus Corax for MA)
29.05.2008 - 23:17
Aphyoun
Account deleted
Written by Varegan on 23.01.2008 at 13:55

Written by Hamird on 20.01.2008 at 11:02

Written by Varegan on 30.12.2007 at 22:26

Written by Stalker on 30.12.2007 at 22:06

Written by Varegan on 29.12.2007 at 02:39

do anybody know anything about Asis Nasseri's nationality?
his name looks like a Persian (or Arabic) name.and his face and his hair color also.he should be Iranian or Turkish!

There are many Turks in Germany as far as I know, so thats probably answer to your question.

No!!! he must be Iranian because his behavior is quite like fat Iranian people (like my uncle )

Such an intresting guy Asis Nasseri is. I heard that is born in a French family. In Germany. named like Iranians. looks like Arabs. and you are saying that he is Turkish ... so he is an international man

where did you hear that ? I found no bio about him.

if i said that he's an arab would that solve the issue
pay attention 2 more interesting stuff guys and stop talkin nonesense
the important thin that he's outstandingly talented
29.05.2008 - 23:53
Varegan
Hamranakara
a new complainant
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
13.06.2008 - 13:56
Duy Hung
Account deleted
So i guess a new album will never be out
13.06.2008 - 14:03
Stalker
Lone wanderer
NEWS!!!
TALES OF ITHIRIA
release in the end of August 2008!!

Says on their website... I dont know what to say, but I wish it will be that way.
Two albums that I want the most - Tales of Ithiria and Wintersun's "Time" are just getting delayed more and more, i want at least one of them this year, damnit!!
----
13.06.2008 - 14:58
Dagorwen

yeah o/ !!!!! That's great, I go at once on their site!
31.08.2008 - 15:22
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Anyone got Tales of Ithiria??
----
20.09.2008 - 12:28
GT
Coffee!!
I really like the new album. It has the Haggard feeling, but the short spoken parts are kind of superfluous like those on Blind Guardian's Nightfall In Middle-Earth
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
22.09.2008 - 20:14
owl

I find this new album simply superb.
And yes, I had to say it this way, because no other album in many years has played so many consecutive times, around here. And I didn't know about Haggard until a few months back, still with "Eppur Si Muove".

Fantastic work. Powerful, but touching at the same time...
----
23.09.2008 - 17:07
Bas
Retired Staff
i found the new album extremely disappointing at first listen, but it's getting better and better the more i'm listening to it, still wont ever beat eppur si muove though
and i had to delete the spoken passages from my ipod

and yesterday i saw Haggard live for the first time!!!!!!!!
they were absolutely superb. concert review with pictures will be online on the frontpage soon
----
23.09.2008 - 21:19
owl

Written by Bas on 23.09.2008 at 17:07

i found the new album extremely disappointing at first listen, but it's getting better and better the more i'm listening to it, still wont ever beat eppur si muove though
and i had to delete the spoken passages from my ipod
I had to do that too, after having listened to it all a couple of times. I only keep "The Origin" there because I like the background music just the same.

I'll be waitin your review, you lucky bas...! :x They had a date scheduled to Portugal for next month, but it got cancelled due to I don't know what.
----
29.09.2008 - 18:57
nehrodwarf

I have some stuff of them. They're too good!

I need to download more of them
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
02.10.2008 - 19:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does this band ever had play Daddy Was Her Firts Man realuy old good death metal band song, and lyrics is quate good, my fav after ''Female Poisen'' from Poema Arcanus
I hope thay wont be like Therion and lay some day death metal era songs too
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2008 - 19:57
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Bad English on 02.10.2008 at 19:43

Does this band ever had play Daddy Was Her Firts Man realuy old good death metal band song, and lyrics is quate good, my fav after ''Female Poisen'' from Poema Arcanus

correct

daddy was het first man is from their death metal demo "progressive"
since then they haven't played pure death metal anymore, only mixed with classical music

which is very good in my opinion, their DM may have been good, but there are enough good DM bands around to fill the boat, however Haggard started doing something unique instead, and in my eyes they're still unbeaten in the symphonic genre
----
02.10.2008 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bas on 02.10.2008 at 19:57

Written by Bad English on 02.10.2008 at 19:43

correct

daddy was het first man is from their death metal demo "progressive"
since then they haven't played pure death metal anymore, only mixed with classical music

which is very good in my opinion, their DM may have been good, but there are enough good DM bands around to fill the boat, however Haggard started doing something unique instead, and in my eyes they're still unbeaten in the symphonic genre

I agree, but those DM demo are like legend, something werry rear and that song are so awesome , thay shood play it once live, but alos nowdays Haggard is good, I like it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.11.2008 - 21:20
Land Of Doom

Yes Its A wonderful Experimental Death Metal

A Special Genre From Haggard

And Excellent new album 2008 Tales Of Ithiria
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
05.11.2008 - 07:12
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by GT on 20.09.2008 at 12:28

I really like the new album. It has the Haggard feeling, but the short spoken parts are kind of superfluous like those on Blind Guardian's Nightfall In Middle-Earth

Completely agree with Nightfall. There is only so many 'epic' concept albums you can take before you get over them. The interludes are just a waste of time and drag out a good album. Another like this is Tyr's Ragnarok, great main songs, but too much interlude filler.

As for Haggard's new album, still have to hear it.
07.11.2008 - 22:45
PM
Hail Lusitânia
Haggard is one of my favourite bands ever!

Eppur Si Muove was simply amazing... the track 'Eppur Si Muove' is the best i think, but 'Herr Mannelig' is excelent too.

Tales of Ithiria isn't so amazing in my opinion, but really cool, like everything from Haggard! I like specially 'Upon Fallen Autumn Leaves' from this album.
----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
10.11.2008 - 00:43
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Well i have to say i liked TOI i used to like hijo de la luna but the Haggard cover was soo freaking awesome i couldnt stop listening to it for a long while
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
05.03.2009 - 13:48
bayern

Haggard is my favorite band, is unique. My favourite album is Eppur si Muove, and my favourite track are all the tracks of this album, they are simply wonderfull, i can't choose one.
09.03.2009 - 14:18
Sandarameth
Account deleted
I very much like Hija de la Luna song..but I can't remember..somwhere i've heard it before but when and where i can't remember(
09.03.2009 - 18:16
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 09.03.2009 at 14:18

I very much like Hija de la Luna song..but I can't remember..somwhere i've heard it before but when and where i can't remember(

It is an old Spanish folk song which was made famous by the band Mecano and their singer Ana Torroja.....
09.03.2009 - 18:59
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
And I think there exists also another cover but i don't know who the singer was
09.03.2009 - 20:01
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Diabolos on 09.03.2009 at 18:59

That would be Sarah Brightman. She does a very good job on that song
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.03.2009 - 20:08
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by GT on 09.03.2009 at 20:01

Written by Diabolos on 09.03.2009 at 18:59

That would be Sarah Brightman. She does a very good job on that song

Yeah, now i remember! I think it's a great song and i like all the versions (that i know ^^)