Metal Storm logo
Amberian Dawn - Recording New Album

Original news, posted on 23.11.2009

Finnish symphonic power metallers Amberian Dawn have issued the following update:

"Preparations for the third Amberian Dawn album are well underway. Keyboard player Tuomas, who composes music for AD, has all the new songs ready and Heidi has already started writing lyrics. Recordings begin on November 23rd and the first "victim" is our drummer Joonas. He has just got his brand new TAMA Starclassic drum kit and it will be interesting to find out how the set sounds in the studio.

The new album is going to be more diverse, faster and darker than our previous albums. The fastest AD songs to date contrast some extremely slow and heavy songs. There's even going to be a classical music piece. Some guest stars are going to featured on this album. Stay tuned for more information."

UPDATE (thanks to BudDa)

Amberian Dawn have posted the following studio update, concerning a very special guest appearance:

"We are proud to announce that professional opera singer, baritone Markus Nieminen is going to visit on our next album. Markus have been singing for example in Vienna State Opera, Hamburg State Opera, Sempreoper in Dresden, operahouses in Basil and St. Gallen and in Volksopera Vienna. Amberian Dawn likes to experience with different kind of styles of music. So, on next album of AD, there's going to be one classical piece (a walz) on which Heidi's going to duet with Markus. We are expecting the most special and stunning AD song so far."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Amberian Dawn
Posted: 27.02.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 141 users
23.11.2009 - 16:33
Dominus
The Shooter
Exellent
23.11.2009 - 16:44
BudDa

Awesome. Was just listening to The Clouds Of Northland Thunder during the weekend and I really like it..Can't wait for the follow up..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
23.11.2009 - 17:09
annodomini

Well if it will be similiar to "Rvier of tuoni" han good, but the new album was awful.
----
the riddle wants to be...
23.11.2009 - 17:45
BudDa

Written by annodomini on 23.11.2009 at 17:09

Well if it will be similiar to "Rvier of tuoni" han good, but the new album was awful.

How come?!
I haven't yet listened to 'River of Tuoni' but how does it compare with their most recent one?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
23.11.2009 - 19:34
annodomini

Well in fact it was somehow heavier, and the songwriting were much better. Everything were more catchy. Every song has its charm and something in it, and in new one that is missing. I tried to listen again and again to find something, but it didn't worked out for me.
----
the riddle wants to be...
23.11.2009 - 22:17
Enissa

Wow, They are really fast!!!
but I hope it will be more like River of Tuoni, not the Clouds of the Northland Thunder, it was really not good..
23.11.2009 - 22:34
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Hey great news on the new album And if the new songs are darker and the album is more diverse, that will be ideal. I think my only complaint with the band is that there is too much of a one-sided sound (even if I enjoy it quite a lot!).

Regarding the difference between the debut and the 2009 release, I disagree with those that say the newer one is a poorer release. Upon seeing the songs played live, outside of it being obvious "River Of Tuoni" is currently the band signature track, all the songs flowed seemlessly with each other in the set list. In fact, I think the main difference is that the new album has more solos really.

High hopes for the new album, it sounds promising and the band seemed very focused on stage which is a great sign IMO.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 3220 | This month: 10