Metal Storm logo
Vintersorg

26.07.2006 - 20:48
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The thread for this excellent Black Folk Metal band from Sweden. "Vintersorg" means roughly "Winter Sorrow", the name was taken from the Isfolket series by Margit Sandemo, where the character Vintersorg is the son of a great pagan leader.

Though I don't know very much about their music, I really love this band, because of the music and for the lyrical themes - nature, science, philosophy, astronomy -

I only have the album "Ödemarkens Son" which in english means "The Son of The Wilderness", and some songs of the other albums, I'm looking forward to get the other ones.

So, what do you think about them?
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
27.07.2006 - 02:36
Danigar

Is great! i like this band a lot, although I havent really heard a lot from them, I only own Cosmic Genesis and is wow very enjoyable, the way this guy mix black metal with progressive, and folkish elements is great and as you said the lyrical themes are really great. I also love the other proyects from this guy like Borknagar, if you havent heard it I truly recommend it or more recently Cronian
27.07.2006 - 14:38
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I only have 'The Focusing Blur' and i enjoy it quite a bit. The theme of the lyrics being science and philosophy was all kind of new to me when i first heard them, but it works and like it. Its hard to get any of their material here, i was lucky when i saw 'TFB' it was $10 - and albums are normally $30 - so really happy that i got it.

Think i'll try and find Andreas' work woth Borknagar. I have Their first self titled album and injoyed it alot, specially music (as the vocals are in another langauge) so i should like Andreas' stuff with them.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
06.08.2006 - 20:44
GT
Coffee!!
This band is great. I love the folk metal genre in general, but these guys stand out. I really like the tracks 'Om Regnbagen Materialiseredes' and 'När Alver Sina Runor Sjungit'. Haven't got any albums by them...any recommendations?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.08.2006 - 20:52
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by GT on 06.08.2006 at 20:44

This band is great. I love the folk metal genre in general, but these guys stand out. I really like the tracks 'Om Regnbagen Materialiseredes' and 'När Alver Sina Runor Sjungit'. Haven't got any albums by them...any recommendations?

Well, among the 3 albums I have: Ödemarkens Son, Till Fjälls and Cosmic Genesis, I recommend you Cosmic Genesis, specially the song: "A Dialogue With The Stars"
----

Sensorium - Epica
06.08.2006 - 21:15
GT
Coffee!!
@The Alchemist: cheers. I'll check it out as soon as possible
----

12.08.2006 - 23:37
Vrana

I actually have some their stuff, but I haven't listened to it carefully . But, if you say, that it's a great band, I'll give them another try...
13.08.2006 - 00:08
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Vrana on 12.08.2006 at 23:37

I actually have some their stuff, but I haven't listened to it carefully . But, if you say, that it's a great band, I'll give them another try...

Yes, they're awesome, you should listen to them, and which stuff do you have?
----

Sensorium - Epica
13.08.2006 - 08:15
Hyvaarin

Vintersorg's great, as goofy as some of his lyrics can be.

A spiral orbit circumnavigates the axis
Fragments, threads of the origin's shape
The dreary synopsis of an aeon-old praxis
Encircles the thoughts from which minds escape

----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
13.08.2006 - 10:13
Dane
Account deleted
The only Vintersorg I've heard is a free promo CD I picked up at a concert called "Visions from the Spiral Generator".

Interesting style, but I rarely listen to it. Is there another album I should check out?
13.08.2006 - 12:48
Vrana

Written by The Alchemist on 13.08.2006 at 00:08

I have Ödemarkens Son, The Focusing Blur and Cosmic Genesis
13.08.2006 - 19:42
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Guest on 13.08.2006 at 10:13

The only Vintersorg I've heard is a free promo CD I picked up at a concert called "Visions from the Spiral Generator".

Interesting style, but I rarely listen to it. Is there another album I should check out?

I think that "Cosmic Genesis" is their best work, among the ones I know. "Till Fjälls" is another good album but it's quite heavy, another good album is "Ödemarkens Son", an album in swedish but with a great music. I don't know "Visions from the Spiral Generator" but I guess it is good too
----

Sensorium - Epica
13.08.2006 - 19:56
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Vrana on 13.08.2006 at 12:48

Written by The Alchemist on 13.08.2006 at 00:08

I have Ödemarkens Son, The Focusing Blur and Cosmic Genesis

"Ödemarkens Son" and "Cosmic Genesis" are good albums, especially CG. I don't know "The Focusing Blur", it is good?
----

Sensorium - Epica
13.08.2006 - 21:16
Vrana

Written by The Alchemist on 13.08.2006 at 19:56

"Ödemarkens Son" and "Cosmic Genesis" are good albums, especially CG. I don't know "The Focusing Blur", it is good?

Well, I don't know, I'll listen to it, then I can tell you . but maybe other members know...?
09.09.2006 - 19:37
Destryphior

Visions From The Spiral Generator is IMO the best album, I really recommend the tracks "Universums dunkla alfabet" and "Vem styr symmetrin"... Cosmic Genesis is also great...
11.09.2006 - 03:07
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Destryphior on 09.09.2006 at 19:37

Visions From The Spiral Generator is IMO the best album, I really recommend the tracks "Universums dunkla alfabet" and "Vem styr symmetrin"... Cosmic Genesis is also great...

yes yes yes that album is freakin' great, a dreamful, blissful progressive/folk/black journey... I had listened to "Visions..." for years and can't get enough of it.
11.09.2006 - 10:35
Eternal Flames

Vintersorg are brillaint. I had only heard this great band recently and they instantly became one of my favourites. Their lyrics are really great and the music is just exceptional. I would particularly recommend the album "Cosmic Genesis" to anyone who has not heard them before. It's definitely my favourite album. Some truly great songs on there.
11.09.2006 - 11:49
GT
Coffee!!
Just got the Cosmic Genesis album...damn that is a good album. Not a single bad track
----

12.10.2006 - 16:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Same here i had fiew sonbgs but from early days and its great bands, I voud say Swedish Sentenced and its werry talanted band and I like those songs who are in swedish
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.10.2006 - 00:30
Vidrageon
Account deleted
An amazing band that has gone through an amazing progress from it's early days of playing beautiful folk-inspired metal to the progressive genius it is today, I love Vintersorg and all they have accomplished.
13.01.2007 - 19:06
GT
Coffee!!
Have got most of the Vintersorg discography now (misses 'Till Fjäls). Must say that most of the tracks are great. Nice with themes like science and astronomy instead of all the fantasy themes I normally listen to.
----

13.01.2007 - 20:00
ReckoningWinter

I love Vintersorg's works, and this is not exception, I have heard all their albums, and they are really great, I love Ödermarkens Son and Cosmic Genesis, this last especially, because of combining old Vintersorg elements with their newer sound.
18.01.2007 - 11:44
baldur

yeah i now got all of vintersorgs albums and i think that till fjäls is the best one of them but every album is just awesome!!!

would like to see them live someone knows if they are on tour somedays??
18.01.2007 - 23:07
MetalGoddess

Till Fjalls :headbang:
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
21.01.2007 - 13:33
GT
Coffee!!
@DEXA and baldur: ain't that typical...the only album I haven't got is the best Well just have to get it then
----

21.01.2007 - 15:17
baldur

Written by GT on 21.01.2007 at 13:33

@DEXA and baldur: ain't that typical...the only album I haven't got is the best Well just have to get it then

;D;D;D;D
26.02.2007 - 17:17
baldur

oh how i love this band gorcious!!!!!! TILL FJALLS !!!!!!!
07.03.2007 - 16:01
Rimfrost

Quite good band, a bit geeky though imo. Ödemarkens son is good, and so so is Hedniskhjärtad. I never really liked the later albums, but I might give them a try sometime.
08.03.2007 - 14:22
arwestromen

I have listen to them but don't do it enymore. they are a good band an all that...but people around me started to call me nazi and that I listened to nazimusic
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
10.03.2007 - 17:24
baldur

the new album solens rötter is great 11 wounderful tracks yeah!!