Metal Storm logo
Mind-fucking TV shows

25.11.2009 - 23:44
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
We have a topic about mind-fucking movies, but how about mind-fucking TV shows? These are the kinds of shows where, after you have watched them, your only response is "what the fuck did I just watch?"

I'm certain that there are many shows like this out there, but the most prominent one I know, and most certainly love, is Xavier: Renegade Angel. The show is about a mutant philosopher who travels the world in search for the answers to life's hardest questions. The show contains a large amount of both surreal and dark humor, along with complex visual gags and multi-layered puns. The 3D art style it implements may be abrasive to the eyes of most viewers, but it also uses a large amount of visual effects that border on the psychedelic. If you're interested in watching it, you can view the entire first season on Adult Swim's official website. You can also purchase the 2-disc DVD that is available on Amazon.

Now it's your turn.
08.12.2009 - 01:19
silenius

Ica i rutan- swedish child-program in the middle of the 90-s, it fucked me up bigtime
11.12.2009 - 00:55
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
LOST
very known show, greta in beging first two even 3rd season but then become too fucked up with that time traveling and stuff.
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
02.01.2010 - 13:09
Autumn Twilight

The Prisoner - English TV show about a band trapped in 'the village' because he wanted to resign from the secret service. Rarely makes much sense but amazing to watch. I have the DVD boxset and can always rewatch it.
----
"The people who are dark fear the people who are fair
And hippies live in terror of the guys who have no hair
The saddest thing of all - what I really find grim
Is we haven't yet noticed what a mess we're all in."
18.01.2010 - 00:58
Roro

Criss angel - the mind fucker!!!
19.01.2010 - 02:57
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I'll second The Prisoner and warn against watching the remake.

Xavier is kinda overdone in my opinion, it seems that after Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, Assy McGee, The Oblongs and whatever else they came up with at Adult Swim, they just tried to make the most ridiculous show they could and went too far.

For proper mind-fucks I'd recommend Twin Peaks (obvious choice really) and some of the more insane Farscape episodes.