Metal Storm logo
Finntroll - New Album Details Revealed, Song Online

Original news, posted on 26.11.2009

Century Media Records press release

The last leaves have fallen in the old world of Europe, stripping down the trees to wooden skeletons, and a dark wind is blowing from the coldest north to freeze your souls. Finntroll will blow their new album Nifelvind across the withered earth on 22nd February 2010. Everybody who thought that the album title is Mot Skuggornas Värld should learn his lesson to never trust a Troll. Nifelvind was recorded at Sonic Pump Studios in Helsinki, Finland and mastered by Mika Jussila (add any big Finnish Metal band for namedropping) at Finnvox Studios. The album cover artwork was done again by the band's own guitarist Skrymer.

Finntroll comments on the album as follows: "After tough and hectic weeks in the studio, due to lack of time and summer festivals, we are now really, really pleased with the results. Nifelvind is the most advanced and mature Finntroll-album to date, with musical themes ranging from powerful death metal riffs to dark soundtracks, from pounding black metal to groovy 80's pop-music. All this is accompanied by our trademark sound, lots of never-before-heard instruments in the metal-scene, folklore and legends that make it overall the most versatile album we have created so far."

The tracklist reads as follows:

01. Blodmarsch (intro)
02. Solsagan
03. Den Frusna Munnen
04. Ett Norrskensdåd
05. I Trädens Sång
06. Tiden Utan Tid
07. Galgasång
08. Mot Skuggornas Värld
09. Under Bergets Rot
10. Fornfamnad
11. Dråp

Whereas the band's unique style has spawned an entire new genre that successfully blends black metal darkness with folkloristic melodies, in 2010 Finntroll shall proudly reclaim the folk metal throne and leave myriads of copycats crushed to pieces...

UPDATE (thanks to FeskarN)

In February 2010, Finntroll band will release its highly anticipated new slab of folk-rooted back metal hymns entitled Nifelvind. The album was recorded at Sonic Pump Studios (Apocalyptica, Amorphis, Ensiferum, etc.) in Helsinki, Finland and mastered by Mika Jussila (Children Of Bodom, Sonata Arctica, HIM, etc.) at Finnvox Studios. The album cover artwork was done again by the band's own guitarist Skrymer and visually captures the true FINNTROLL spirit perfectly.

Now, the band presents you the first track from this opus, "Under Bergets Rot", at its redesigned MySpace page.

Nifelvind will be released on the following dates:

Finland: Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Germany / Austria / Switzerland / Benelux / Italy: Friday, February 19, 2010
UK / France / Greece / Denmark / Norway / Rest of Europe: Monday, February 22, 2010
Spain / Portugal: Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Sweden / Hungary: Wednesday, February 24, 2010
North America: Tuesday, March 9th, 2010

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Finntroll
Posted: 15.12.2009 by Sentenced Odiin

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 285 users
26.11.2009 - 23:19
Baz Anderson

Vreth told me it sounded like a cross between Emperor and Peter Gabriel... also the new song they did live was just amazing.
Really looking forward to this!
26.11.2009 - 23:22
arj

Interesting! Will be cool to see them at hellfest this year.
26.11.2009 - 23:33
Folkbill

Finally...
----
--Non So Bill.
26.11.2009 - 23:47
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Ur Jordens Djup is their best album to date, can't wait to hear this new stuff with Vreth in the line-up!!!
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
27.11.2009 - 00:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Humpa! humpa!
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.11.2009 - 01:11
FeskarN

I think still "Mot Skuggornas Värld" sounds like a better title but yeah "Nifelvind" sounds good too. Hope the album will be better then their latest one.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
27.11.2009 - 01:21
Symmachus

Black metal and 80s pop music? Ha, what a combination.
27.11.2009 - 12:50
Uller

"from pounding black metal to groovy 80's pop-music"

AWESOME!!!... i hope?

Edit: I just listened to some samples in this video http://www.finntroll.net/video/ and im wordless, i cant wait for this album!!!
----
27.11.2009 - 13:12
Iceland_Norway

Hehe I want it.

And I want Pagan Fest in Rome, Italy.

----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
27.11.2009 - 14:43
GT
Coffee!!
Sounds really interesting
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.11.2009 - 14:49
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by MétalNoir on 26.11.2009 at 23:47

Ur Jordens Djup is their best album to date...

And the only Finntroll album i've listened to. Wish the new one's that great as well.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
27.11.2009 - 21:27
Symmachus

Written by Guest on 27.11.2009 at 02:08

Written by Symmachus on 27.11.2009 at 01:21

Black metal and 80s pop music? Ha, what a combination.

lol I don't consider them as black metal & haha pop? wtf

Well, that is what it said in the news bulletin, so that is how I responded. Yeah, that does seem like a weird type of music, though. I'm looking forward to hearing stuff from the album.
28.11.2009 - 00:19
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Baz Anderson on 26.11.2009 at 23:19

Vreth told me it sounded like a cross between Emperor and Peter Gabriel...

O.O That sounds fucking *awesome*.
30.11.2009 - 10:47
skatmat

Nifelvind does sound much better than Mot Skuggornas Värld. Raaghr I can't wait! >D
01.12.2009 - 00:21
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Expecting the same old thing as ever.

If they manage to make a single catchy fun song (like Korpiklaani's ''Vodka'') i'll be happy enough.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
01.12.2009 - 10:53
Necromutant

Extremely interesting news. I have learned to trust this band so much that I'm sure that I will not be disapponted.
15.12.2009 - 14:10
Thorhalla

It will be fucking awesome album! i can't wait!!!
----
A mighty troll warrior sharpens his sword. He prepares his armour, binds his beard and tars his face. As the sun sets, he rides a giant wolf to the crusaders fortress. He slays the wrong-believers and feasts on their blood.
16.12.2009 - 00:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well the first song isnt something very special...but still decent solid work
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.12.2009 - 01:02
Rose Of Nemesis

Nice!
16.12.2009 - 01:12
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Dig their new image...very tolly still but bit more medieval, cool stuff! New song isnt that great tho, not terrible but pretty soft. Guess a way to attract some new fans but I hope the rest of the album will have a bit more balls like the Ur Jordens Djup - totally love that album!
16.12.2009 - 02:22
Kinzoku

Lol, good stuff
16.12.2009 - 03:13
Symmachus

Awesome album artwork; it even looks a little bit psychedelic.

Quote:

Sweden / Hungary: Wednesday, Bebruary 24, 2010

Sorry to be the Doomsayer, but Bebuary isn't a real month.
16.12.2009 - 11:35
Cesc Fabregas

Yes.i stand for him
16.12.2009 - 11:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I can feel my long lost enthusiasm for this band resurface with that new track...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.12.2009 - 17:45
Elegy

Great song! Can't expect nothing less from Finntroll ^^ cover art reminds me of nattfodd, wich is great! Can't wait to hear te full album
17.12.2009 - 01:56
VPeter

Written by Doc G. on 16.12.2009 at 11:45

I can feel my long lost enthusiasm for this band resurface with that new track...

Same here.

Hits total: 4807 | This month: 5