Metal Storm logo
Slayer - Alternate Cover For Christ Illusion Released

Slayer have released an alternate cover for their upcoming 'Christ Illusion' album. The original cover caused controversy as it showed Jesus with his limbs cut off, floating in a river of blood and dead people. So a less graphic cover has been released as an alternative.

You can view the alternative cover here.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 26.07.2006 by Raiden

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 8 users
27.07.2006 - 02:48
Stigmatized
Not the best "censoring" job I've seen....
27.07.2006 - 04:20
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
But is it a cover art work that will be put instead of the previous one or is it just a fake cover that will hide the original one, something like what they did in the "God Hates Us All" album? I would bet that it is just a fake, white cover which has the "Slayer" words cut off that allow the real cover underneath to be slightly appreciated.

Regarding the original cover I find it to be pretty good, mainly because it looks like a low budget cover artwork which makes it look rawer. It was done by the same artist who made the cover artwork for previous Slayer albums such as "Reign In Blood", "South Of Heaven" and "Seasons In The Abyss". This seems to be a kind of celebration of the return of Dave.
----
Christless
28.07.2006 - 04:31
Mordack
Account deleted
Either way, it's better than the alternate cover for GHUA.
28.07.2006 - 04:40
danzig111
Account deleted
i can't find the alternate cover.....
28.07.2006 - 05:05
tulkas
el parcero
I liked the original one too bad they censored it, even though it´s the crappiest censoring I´ve ever seen
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
28.07.2006 - 08:59
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
@danzig: You can view it here. When I submitted the news I didn't realise that you could use code, lol. So I had to split the link onto two lines or else it would've majorly expanded the window horizontally.

@Darth: Yeah, not sure man. They could have a cardboard thing like before, or just have two seperate covers. I hadn't actually thought of the cardboard one. It seems more likely now that you mention it.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
28.07.2006 - 09:31
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 27.07.2006 at 02:48

Not the best "censoring" job I've seen....

I agree. That's the worst censoring job I've seen since... well, I can't really think of a specific time at the moment.
29.07.2006 - 01:51
broken goddess
boo for the censoring.
slayer is just slayer and people should expect things like that from them - hell, they dont sing nursery rhymes here.....
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
29.07.2006 - 08:21
Xaphiris
This censorship thing is a piece of shit! I think a few years ago or in a different, more down-to-earth country it would not have been a problem. New laws and that kind of shit which are there for the protection of folks really add up to a lot of tyrrany and all it does is rob the more divergent individuals of their freedom. They want to keep our minds in the herd.
----
31.07.2006 - 03:37
Seventh Son
Account deleted
They censored it badly on purpose so the censorship freaks will be happy and people can still see what it was.
31.07.2006 - 13:52
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
As long as the music is good.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.07.2006 - 23:23
Thrash666
The new cover didn't really do anything.
Can't wait to hear the rest of the songs on the album.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
13.10.2006 - 19:11
broken goddess
at least the music still owns
----
14.10.2006 - 21:33
Natural Disaster
Account deleted
No it does not, they suck since '94
30.11.2006 - 20:44
broken goddess
well- thats your opinion.....
----
02.02.2007 - 03:45
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Too bad the censoreing wasn't as good as the music:lol:
07.02.2007 - 21:02
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
The new cover is probably to allow the album to be sold in a few more countries, which is fine, in the end it's the music that matters.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets

Hits total: 3878 | This month: 8