03. Inspiration Suicide
04. Violence Unseen
05. Nailed
06. Forward We March
07. Meccademon
08. Endless Reign Of Terror
09. After Death Murmurs
10. Spawning The Immortal

Destruktor go about their extreme metal the old school way. Black and Death mixed in equal doses, a couple of goats and skulls on the album cover and an unusually good production and that's it! Nailed has everything the goat & Satan worshipping extreme metaller could ask for.

Come to think of it, the description I just gave might make you think this band is something like Zyklon. Fear not, for they are much better than the lifeless, soulless and utterly bland Zyklon. Destruktor actually know how to write catchy riffs with hints of darkness and obscurity and have just the right amount of sloppiness to them. Although not every riff is as strong as the next and some riffs are repeated a few too many times, the songs are all enjoyable. Australia really seems to have patent on this style of extreme, no balls no glory, ravishing metal. Thanks to the production the pummelling drums, the riffs and the guttural growls all come to their own right while retaining an old school, raw and mysterious vibe. For some reason, but this is of course a problem common in the entire extreme metal scene, the bass is hardly discernible from the guitars. Why do bands keep doing this?

Although it may get a little tiresome near the end, the awesome "Spawning The Immortal" is reason enough to keep listening. If you're looking for some no frills extreme metal, Destruktor's Nailed is there for you. If not... well, then what the hell are you doing here, reading a review of a band named Destruktor?!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 30.11.2009 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 57 users
30.11.2009 - 16:13
silenius

Nice review dude, will check it out, i like my metal reckless and ravishing^^
30.11.2009 - 18:41
Black_Handed
A village idiot
What does zyklon have to do with goats and skulls?!? i have never seen goats and skulls on their cover and their lyrics are not that much about goat & satan either. and i disagree about them being a bad band .
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
30.11.2009 - 18:43
Rating: 7
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yeah i was more talking about the 'black & death, good production' part.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.11.2009 - 23:09
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Ok i can live with that. but i think there are far worse bands in this category, like belphegor. id say that zyklon actually has quite a few really interesting riffs all over their 3 albums, and well i do feel a lot of atmosphere throughout their albums, but you dont have to of course. for me its especially on their last and first work.
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
01.12.2009 - 00:44
Ragana
Rawrcat
Ouch, Belphegor. Zyklon is as mediocre as Belphegor.

So, you say Destruktor, the band with a name I really dislike 'cause it makes me think of bad English and his majesty Bad English at once, plays better than Zyklon?
I listened to the first song what is also found on their homepage... didn't seem bad but it didn't convince me that I should check them out. On the other hand, I'd like to hear the last song you mentioned on the review. Oh, me and my inquisitiveness.

The cover art looks nice, again.

Hits total: 3715 | This month: 2