Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost

17.05.2006 - 14:38
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Paradise Lost is IMO an awesome band, especially their newest stuff,

also an amazing live band, i had the luck to see them a while ago and their show was simply mind-blowing, one of the best shows ive ever seen
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.05.2006 - 14:45
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
I think that Paradise Lost and Katatonia are very similar to each other , and like i wrote at the Katatonia topic they were great when they started ,but they ruind , so i think that Paradise Lost have the same story like Katatonia , but i think that the new stuffs of PL are better and they are ok .
anyway my 4 fav. PL albums are :
1.Lost Paradise
2.Gothic
3.Draconian Times
4.Icon

my fav PL song is "As I Die" and here is video clip :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ubb4e8r6GCI&search=paradise%20lost
----
17.05.2006 - 14:51
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
thanks alot for the link TIMoR
----
17.05.2006 - 15:08
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
Here are a lot of :
http://youtube.com/watch'search=paradise+lost&v=uOt3_KOIbpY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=65mnImS5k7s&search=paradise%20lost
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEOSiJ3rGjM&search=paradise%20lost
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2oJOT0oxgIs&search=paradise%20lost

----
17.05.2006 - 18:11
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Paradise Lost very good band i love Draconian Times album i saw them live and it was awesome hope my favorite track is The Last Time
----
Stay Metal !!!
17.05.2006 - 22:19
SteTech
I'm really liking this band at the mo, I have Gothic, Lost Paradise, Draconian Times, Host and Paradise Lost. I like Host more than the other albums, even if it's hardly metal. There's some great songs on it, and I like to listen to it whilst studying, very soothing
09.06.2006 - 22:25
MrSpaceman
I'm goint to see then live tonight.... i hope it will be great! Specially because their last CD is fucking great!
And by the reviews that i've reading of their shows, they're playing a lot of stuff from before Draconian Times era....
It's just strange the fact that they will share the stage with Krisiun, that will play before then... quite weird a show with a Brutal Death Metal band and a Electro-Gothic-Doom-whatever band in same night! heheheh
Cheers!
----
MrSpaceman_
09.06.2006 - 22:31
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
i wish you lots of fun, i know you´ll have it
having seen them myself aswell, and i can tell you that their show is fantastic
----
10.06.2006 - 01:14
AncientOrigins
I actually seem to be one of the VERY few people who likes their underrated album "Shades of God" the most. It's their best, imo. It is a great combination of the indeed quite different sounds on"Gothic" and "Icon". I can't do much with their stuff after "Icon", it's just not my style anymore.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
18.06.2006 - 12:36
madgarry
Account deleted
ive seen them live 14 times so far, got all of their albums, they ROCK
22.06.2006 - 17:48
mAD_lINe
Account deleted
I think that gothic metal is much more like the new paradise lost, than the old one. It has an elemental power. Like the original gothica, wich is death, mysticism and nature itself. Maybe their first albums were too raw. And then at around 95-96 they evolved, to be a butterefly which flies high above.
They were the one who showed me the true gothica. Thank you Paradise Lost.

I think I go back to sleep, 'cause life suxx
23.06.2006 - 16:13
Hydralamia
Account deleted
Paradise lost rule!!!
26.06.2006 - 05:50
Sulfur91
Account deleted
I love them! I have only 2 of their albums.. Symbol of Life and One Second.. I haven't seem them live but i really want to.
26.06.2006 - 05:54
Soliloquy
since i am into gothic metal, tons of people recomended me their Gothic album. so after i picked it up, i cant say i'm impressed.i thought that the album was more tilted towards the whole 'beauty and the beast' thing. but it really wasnt. maybe a song or two here and there. their overall sound i thought was rather palin and boring...

BUT, they made it up with their guitar solos and riffs. i havent really heard any doom/gothic metal band with that kinda guitar solos, so in that field, yes i was impressed
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
26.06.2006 - 08:56
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
@Soliloquy, most of their "Gothic" album doesn't appeal much to me either, despite my interest in gothic metal as well. I've had a lot of recommendations to check it out, but after doing so, I continue to not enjoy listening to it much. The production is rather poor to these ears, something I unfortunately don't have much of a tolerance for personally. Very innovative, however. Unfortunately as well, I rarely care much for innovators and that CD is one of them.

However, I am a huge fan of their string of CDs afterward, up through Draconian Times. Those CDs have such a broad appeal, and the lyrics (as in all Paradise Lost discs) are high quality. I go through phases of liking Icon, then Shades Of God, and right now I'm into Draconian Times the most. The latter CD in particular seems to appeal to a lot of nonmetal fans I play it for, which really helps when I am someone often left listening to my music alone!

I don't think P.L. has put out a "bad" CD ever, but their CDs since 1995 have been hit or miss for me, with some tracks working, some not. Their latest self-titled disc has some great commericial oriented metal, but there are so many tracks I just find forgettable on it now. Actually, my feelings toward their later stuff is similar to my experience seeing them live here in the U.S. a few years ago... a few tracks they played came off real well, but other than that, I was wholly disappointed. I actually couldn't listen to the band for a few months because my hopes for a grand performance were unfulfilled so gravely.

Bad performances aside, still a great band and I'm glad to still see them evolving with each disc, no matter where it ends up. I'll always have their older work, and they have so many great songs that I'll never grow tired of them
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
28.07.2006 - 10:28
Megadeth88
I really like Paradise Lost alot. Though I only have two of their albums (Draconian Times, and Gothic) I really want to listen to their newer stuff but haven't had the time to yet. Hopefully I will soon because this band is really great.
29.07.2006 - 04:21
Daru Jericho
I'm really inexperienced with Paradise Lost. I've only heard the Lost Paradise album and it looks like I'll be seeing them live in both August and November. So, can people recommend to me particular songs/albums of theirs that I must check out? I'm aware of their ever growing fanbse.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

29.07.2006 - 12:43
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
isnt lost paradise their first or when of their first albums?
if so, their style has radically changed since then... if i were you i´d check out their newest album first
----
13.08.2006 - 11:20
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Not my personal favorite band,but I enjoy listening to Draconian Times every now and then,it's a pretty good album!
14.08.2006 - 01:25
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Shades Of God is a master Doom Metal album
15.08.2006 - 11:38
Anathemani@c
Paradise Lost is a great band. However I cannot say that it is my favourite. They have some really great alboums, But some others are not such good to me... For example the last alboum Paradise lost kicks ashes, like the draconian times. But I don't like Gothik, even if it is told to be one of their best. I find it a little bit tiring. I have seen them live, but even if I like them very much, they don't play gigs that are unforgettable. They gave me the feeling that they were a little bit bored to play. Espacially Nick Holmes. The best thing with them is that we were waiting for them outside the club they were playing and they got out to get photographs and to sign cds...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
18.08.2006 - 05:17
Richard
elite
Written by Soliloquy on 26.06.2006 at 05:54

since i am into gothic metal, tons of people recomended me their Gothic album. so after i picked it up, i cant say i'm impressed.i thought that the album was more tilted towards the whole 'beauty and the beast' thing. but it really wasnt. maybe a song or two here and there. their overall sound i thought was rather palin and boring...

BUT, they made it up with their guitar solos and riffs. i havent really heard any doom/gothic metal band with that kinda guitar solos, so in that field, yes i was impressed

Well, at the time, they were doing something really new. I remember hearing Gothic for the first time, a shop had ordered it in for me on vinyl and it blew me away, I hadn't heard death growls interchanged with female singing like that before, with the symphonic elements etc. Actually I still think it's much better than other bands that do that... other bands go a bit too OTT with the symphonic elements and everything, whereas Gothic was more refined and classy IMO.

Anyway, Paradise Lost are a long-time favourite of mine. The only album of theirs I haven't really gotten into is the latest one, although some of their albums have taken me a long time to appreciate because they often change their approach a lot, and almost all of their albums sound very different (except Icon and Draconian Times which were fairly similar).

I agree with Sathur about Shades Of God, which is one of my favourite albums - it shows many 'faces of doom', from the slow stuff to the groove stuff, and again I have to use the word "classy" to describe it.
----
24.08.2006 - 11:27
Anathemani@c
Written by Daru Jericho on 29.07.2006 at 04:21

I'm really inexperienced with Paradise Lost. I've only heard the Lost Paradise album and it looks like I'll be seeing them live in both August and November. So, can people recommend to me particular songs/albums of theirs that I must check out? I'm aware of their ever growing fanbse.

The setlist from the concert they had here in Greece last April - if I remember well - is the following :
Don't belong
Grey
Widow
Erased
Redshift
Mystify
So much is lost
Embers fire
Hallowed land
Accept the pain
Sweetness
No celebration
For all you leave
As I die
Enchantment
True belief
One second
Forever after
Over the madness
Say just words
The last time
----
Trapped in time
06.10.2006 - 11:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by The Walrus on 17.05.2006 at 14:45

I think that Paradise Lost and Katatonia are very similar to each other , and like i wrote at the Katatonia topic they were great when they started ,but they ruind , so i think that Paradise Lost have the same story like Katatonia , but i think that the new stuffs of PL are better and they are ok .
anyway my 4 fav. PL albums are :
1.Lost Paradise
2.Gothic
3.Draconian Times
4.Icon

my fav PL song is "As I Die" and here is video clip :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ubb4e8r6GCI&search=paradise%20lost

Werry good say my freind but Kataonia are like more brutal its black/doom Paradise Lost was death/doom

and those albums what you mention I like them in same order

My fav songs are ''Pity The Sadness'' and ''Mortals watch The Die''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2006 - 15:04
Anathemani@c
I cannot agree with you. I think that PL are now having their best time. Their new alboum is simply great for me. However, my favourite PL alboum is Draconian Times. The only bad thing I have to say about PL is that they can do much better live performances. Nick Holmes could show in some way that he likes the music he plays. He does concerts without headbanging at all. I was upset after the show
----
Trapped in time
20.12.2006 - 22:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I discoverd them through "Say just Words", I saw the video on a Nuclear Blast DVD my cousin got and I liked it. Now I have the albums, from Icon till now. But I still prefer the albums from One Second till now
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.12.2006 - 13:18
Judas
The Amputator
I've got 'Lost Paradise' and 'Gothic', and it's enough to make me want more from them. I know they're very important in the development of Gothic and Doom/Death Metal, but it wasn't until July that I got any of their stuff. They've become one of my favourite bands in a very short time, and I can't stop listening to them, the melancholy mood is amazing! I listened to them every time I felt down, and the atmosphere just overwhelmed me, and I was spellbound.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
21.12.2006 - 15:37
Anathemani@c
Written by Bas on 09.06.2006 at 22:31

i wish you lots of fun, i know you´ll have it
having seen them myself aswell, and i can tell you that their show is fantastic

I 'm so sorry that I cannot agree with you. To tell the truth I didn't like them that much when I saw them live last year. Nick didn't even do headbanging.. And I shall not even talk about older stuff that is forgotten by the band and they cannot play these songs. Only Gothic and that with "clean" vocals. Sorry if I disapointed you, but know that I am a PL fan, too! However, the best alboums are Draconian Times and Paradise Lost (their last one, which is simply fantastic! )
----
Trapped in time
02.02.2007 - 04:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I got the discography now. "One Second" is my fav. album, the new, "electronic" stuff is pretty good too, but I prefer teh old stuff, this new era with electronic sounds is not so good.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.02.2007 - 19:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.06.2006 at 12:36

ive seen them live 14 times so far, got all of their albums, they ROCK

OMG hawe you seen them in firts 4 albums era?
How tahy sounds live in death/doom era?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing