06. Because I Admire The Human Skeleton
07. Ignition
08. My Conclusions
09. International Messiah
10. Song For A Whore
11. Trust [bonus]
12. Belika [bonus]
13. Normal Town [bonus]

Amerika Vendetta, produced by Mick Kenney of Anaal Nathrakh, released on Kenney's FETO Records label. That must be really cool for a three-year-old band, to be on the roster of the well-known British multi-instrumentalist. So, are they worth such an honour? Well, yeaahhhNO.

It doesn't really surprise me that Repvblika got picked up by Kenney of all people. Amerika Vendetta sounds relentless in its approach and there's plenty dissonance and speed in this mixture of Black and Death metal. Memento tears his throat open, Conspirator is a beast on the drums. Repvblika know their instruments and influences, that's for sure... so why am I still not that impressed?

Well, let me tell you why. Amerika Vendetta is just very dry. That's partially due to the cold, mechanic production (which may sound as a good thing, but does not really compliment this album) and the lame 'evul' attitude of the band. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and mostly blame this on the production instead of their composing skills (although they often leave much desired). Don't get me wrong, I don't judge bands by their lyrics but it does say something about you if you feel the need to scream "Your fucking mother is a Christian bitch!" (Twisted not Christian, my bad) or "You motherfuckers!!" into the mic. I don't give two shits about what you think of me or my mother, but if that's your way of being 'evil', you're doing it wrong. Try it through musical means, next time.

Amerika Vendetta is an unfortunate failure. All the good parts are effectively killed by the bland production and the band relies too much on mid-paced blathering. Skill-wise it's there, now it's time find a good sound of their own, a new producer and a box of tissues for my mother.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 5
Originality: 5
Production: 6

Written on 11.12.2009 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 90 users
11.12.2009 - 15:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Even the band name sound so weird...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 4307 | This month: 4