Metal Storm logo
Favorite bands to listen to while working out

15.12.2009 - 02:45
DoomGuard
I can't be the only one who works out here on Metalstorm.ee haha, so let's here it, when you guys go to the gym what do you turn to on your iPod??And if they help working out for any particular reason you can list them or talk about them Personally, three bands I go to: Gamma Ray, Slayer, and Exodus...sometimes Edguy. Edguy and Gamma Ray are just uplifting and really bring your spirits up so thats good for running and doing stairs.

While Slayer and Exodus, Tom Araya and Rob Dukes should be personal trainers with the way they yell at you while you do those bench presses haha

So anyone else?
15.12.2009 - 03:52
Sonic MrSumo
Anything hard and fast...Metallica (early stuff), Pantera (later stuff), Machine Head, Mastodon...etc.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
15.12.2009 - 19:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We have ''best muisc whit study '' tread so I coppy past from there because its same
''I listen classical music, jazz or indian music , only instrumental music because whan i need to concentrate i lsiten instrumental music moustly jazz or classical, sometimes indian, no metal, it will take my mind away
Also simple accustic guitar, keyboards and so on''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.12.2009 - 20:07
Azhidahak
Doom Metal Eliti
elite
Very interesting and good thread!! Since Im a workout-aholic I love it.

To me, for those who know me, I listen to pretty much 99,5% doom metal from all metal genres. However, its impossible to listen to doom while working out its probably THE WORST workout music you can imagine. So while I workout I usually switch and listen to some uplifting and energizing house or trance music. Those times that I listen to metal while working out its usually just some old time favourites and just something with a bit more "speed" compared to doom-metal. Lately those bands on my ipod have been : Slayer and Fear Factory (very classic and basic stuff, nothing special).
----
15.12.2009 - 20:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Azhidahak on 15.12.2009 at 20:07

To me, for those who know me, I listen to pretty much 99,5% doom metal from all metal genres. However, its impossible to listen to doom while working out its probably THE WORST workout music you can imagine. So while I workout I usually switch and listen to some uplifting and energizing house or trance music. Those times that I listen to metal while working out its usually just some old time favourites and just something with a bit more "speed" compared to doom-metal. Lately those bands on my ipod have been : Slayer and Fear Factory (very classic and basic stuff, nothing special).

In some way I agree. It depends what job you have, if I shood use brains and think and work, some jazz, blues, soft muisc , but if it fisical like dig something or fix something I can listen metal all the time, but known bands, because if its unknown I need see song title etc and job will be finished maybe 4 weeks leither heheh

When I was working and pic up poutatos in 3KG bags ane wight them I put metal on Cd, but when I pac my bag before goimng and need think where is my cloths I cant listen metal
----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2009 - 20:17
Azhidahak
Doom Metal Eliti
elite
Written by Bad English on 15.12.2009 at 20:15

In some way I agree. It depends what job you have, if I shood use brains and think and work, some jazz, blues, soft muisc , but if it fisical like dig something or fix something I can listen metal all the time, but known bands, because if its unknown I need see song title etc and job will be finished maybe 4 weeks leither heheh

When I was working and pic up poutatos in 3KG bags ane wight them I put metal on Cd, but when I pac my bag before goimng and need think where is my cloths I cant listen metal

Yes true, but were not talking about working (as in your job) we are talking about working-out = training/gym (If I understood correctly)
----
15.12.2009 - 20:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Azhidahak on 15.12.2009 at 20:17

Written by Bad English on 15.12.2009 at 20:15

Yes true, but were not talking about working (as in your job) we are talking about working-out = training/gym (If I understood correctly)

well its same, not like listen music, and gym, and such cases sometimes I prefere silance,
I dont wanna meet bear in woods when walk there and use i pod or CD player , in such cases I need ears n eyes open, same on streets, you never know how car can drive on icy road, same when rabit jumps in fromt of you and scare shit out of you LOL
----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2009 - 20:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
When i was in gym recently, there they have cd of Twisted Sister playing...some compilation i think...but it was good
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.12.2009 - 05:35
Hexenmeister
While lifting weights I usually prefer something heavy and aggressive like death metal.

I will also occasionally listen to a podcast or something, but you have to be careful if somebody says something to make you laugh. It can be dangerous to start laughing while in the middle of bench pressing or when you've got a couple of dumbbells above your head.
16.12.2009 - 07:37
DoomGuard

haha i cracked up when you said Doom Metal was the worst to work out to, its NOT the worst my friend, when i forget my iPod, the Community College i goto puts on the worst pop music to workout to XD
16.12.2009 - 13:49
Azhidahak
Doom Metal Eliti
elite
Written by DoomGuard on 16.12.2009 at 07:37

haha i cracked up when you said Doom Metal was the worst to work out to, its NOT the worst my friend, when i forget my iPod, the Community College i goto puts on the worst pop music to workout to XD

Yeah and pop music is by far much better to listen to while working out. F*** anything in the world is better than doom-metal in the gym, for obvious reasons.
----
16.12.2009 - 14:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If it is pop from 80ties like A-ha or Modern Talking, then i agree it is good stuff...but when i did rowing, i was often forced to listen pop radio with current pop and damn, it is horrible only good thing is, that sometimes i was so exhausted, i cannot even get what i am listening to
----

16.12.2009 - 15:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Ellrohir on 16.12.2009 at 14:13

If it is pop from 80ties like A-ha or Modern Talking, then i agree it is good stuff...

Modern Talking good? I knew most of your tastes in metal are horrid but as it turns out you taste in pop is also bad. Btw, 80s pop is the worst pop music around.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.12.2009 - 17:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Trance/Techno. Preferably hardtrance or hardtechno or what it is called. It has to be catchy and with a strong, pumping beat.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.12.2009 - 18:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.12.2009 at 15:48

If it is pop from 80ties like A-ha or Modern Talking, then i agree it is good stuff...

Modern Talking good? I knew most of your tastes in metal are horrid but as it turns out you taste in pop is also bad. Btw, 80s pop is the worst pop music around.

Well I disagree if I shood lsiten nowdats pop I choose 80's even I be fade up soon to, 50's 60's 70's pop is best , but I happy I never listen cheep pop, its good in shops, caffes some cases are smoot jazz music on Cd, better how op anyway

Depeshe Mode was song ...' enjoy the silance''
----

apos;'
[image]
17.12.2009 - 12:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Worst pop in 80ties...so what is it now?
----

17.12.2009 - 12:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Ellrohir on 17.12.2009 at 12:31

Worst pop in 80ties...so what is it now?

A little better. At least a lot of the artists nowadays can sing a bit.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.12.2009 - 12:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...which ones? Britney Spears? Beyonce Knowles?
----

17.12.2009 - 12:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Ellrohir on 17.12.2009 at 12:43

Hm...which ones? Britney Spears? Beyonce Knowles?

They're infinitely superior vocalwise to Modern Talking
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.12.2009 - 13:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But somewhere must be a mistake...i cant stand their (i mean Britney or Beyonce) songs for a single second well, maybe i will survive Everytime or Oops I Did It Again when i would have to...
----

17.12.2009 - 18:05
DoomGuard

If it is pop from 80ties like A-ha or Modern Talking, then i agree it is good stuff...but when i did rowing, i was often forced to listen pop radio with current pop and damn, it is horrible only good thing is, that sometimes i was so exhausted, i cannot even get what i am listening to

Modern Pop, like today's hits like that ANNOYING SHITTY KATY PERRY SONG! I was trying to bench, and then this comes on

"when im hot then your cold, yes and your a no" or something, can you honestly say you can bench to that song?
17.12.2009 - 18:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Thats what i am talking about
----

18.12.2009 - 03:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Oomph!, Deathstars, Static-X... Ormaybe a catchy band like MAchine Head, tehy have that catchy beat that makes you keep going, and it's not totally electro like in most gyms. Although I work our listening to some electro/EBM/Industrial as well, with bands liek Accessory, GodModule, Hocico, Icon of Coil, Imperative Reaction.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
18.12.2009 - 04:05
Biedrik
I like to listen to Manowar. They just give me a sort of endurance that's useful for working out.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
18.12.2009 - 06:14
Konrad
Mormon Storm
FIRST BLOOD
----
Brujerizmo!
18.12.2009 - 07:24
The Shape
I very much enjoy listening to Korn
----
18.12.2009 - 13:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't know, I just have my MP3 on shuffle as always. But it's pretty annoying when stuff like Opeth's "Damnation" starts to play then.
----
18.12.2009 - 16:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
I really think that industrial metal is one of the best genres for this kind of thing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.12.2009 - 22:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 18.12.2009 at 21:50

Marcel, you work out? I wondered how you got that toned torso. I thought you were like me, the only working out I do is working out how much beer I can carry home from the supermarket.

I work out alright. Carrying crates of beer home from the beer stores. And another work out for me is sitting at the bar lifting pints.
What did you think? I'd been one of those braindead morons that goes to a gym to mindlessly pump iron, thinking that is healthy? Hell no.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.12.2009 - 22:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 18.12.2009 at 22:06

I always wondered why my right arm was bigger than my left, it was lifting up all of those pints, I wondered if it was too much masterb.....tennis.

That's why I vary the arm I lift the pint with. Else my right arm will still be the same size as compared to my left as it when I did play tennis actively. At the time my right arm was twice the size of my left. Played tennis very competitively from 14 - 19. And this is actually NOT a joke, but entirely true.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996