03. Mutilate The Stillborn
04. Intestinal Incubation
05. Culinary Hyperversity
06. Advanced Corpse Tumor
07. Extreme Unction
08. Fermented Offal Discharge
09. Dismembered Self-Immolation [bonus]
10. Pseudopathological Vivisection [bonus]

You think a band can't be Brutal and Technical at the same time? You are wrong dude, Necrophagist is one of those bands that merge brutality with complexity. This German guy (you won't believe this, "Onset Of Putrefaction" was recorded, executed, etc. by just one man: Muhammed Suicmez) released "Onset Of Putrefaction" as his (nowadays "their" because after this album Muhammed gathered other musicians) first full length, not many actually know this band so let's review this album right now.

The album starts with "Foul Body Autopsy," a regular song with some good solos and just ok music, not the best one for sure. In fact if you hear only this song you won't at all be impressed, but that's the beauty of the album. When "Foul Body Autopsy" ends the rest of the album is a true orgy of complexity, brutality and awesome music. "To Breathe In A Casket" starts very fast and brutal, however the guitars in this song are fantastic so at this point you are aware of what you are getting yourself into, brutal as hell yet technical and complex. The real highlight comes when you pay close attention to the guitar performance, most Brutal Death Metal bands use only power chords and similar chords, well not this time baby, Muhammed uses all kinds of difficult scales and awesome irregular chords, so the guitars in "Onset Of Putrefaction" are incredible. (I'm afraid of saying this, but I think Muhammed gets very close to Trey of Morbid Angel.)

The best song of "Onset?" is "Culinary Hyperversity," a multifaceted song with an incredible intro, the most brutal song in this album for sure. The drum machine is awesome (the double bass bits are really crushing), the riffs are even catchy and of course the solos are very good and complex. This song will blow your mind so be warned.

The production is good, not as good as the re-release in 2004, but this album is not about the production at all, this album is all about it's music achievements and incredible songs, this album is really extraordinary and we all must buy it now, and I mean right now.

Highly Recommended.

Written by Herzebeth | 07.07.2005

Comments

Comments: 26   Visited by: 358 users
29.07.2006 - 03:06
KryptoN
imperceptible
Awesome album. I have to disagree with one thing in the review... I was especially impressed by "Foul Body Autopsy" and it remains my favorite song by them. Well my story is that a friend (Dream_of_Hate) sent me a few songs (including FBA) and that was it. The next day I ordered both of their albums.

It's amazing how much one man can achieve. This is truly one of the very best death metal albums I have ever heard. No weak moments at all.

If you enjoy death metal, get this fucking album, now.
29.07.2006 - 06:45
Jerk

Foul Body Autopsy is such a good song. Mabey it's too technical for non guitar players. There's so much going on in the 2 minutes of that song. Great album.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
29.07.2006 - 07:46
Wo0dy
Account deleted
i agree, this album kicks alot of fucking ass, muhammed is a very talented guitarist
30.07.2006 - 02:56
Rating: 9
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This album slightly edges out Epitaph. It's faster, but still technical. I just wish they had a human drummer.
30.07.2006 - 04:10
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 30.07.2006 at 02:56

This album slightly edges out Epitaph. It's faster, but still technical. I just wish they had a human drummer.

I think the inhuman guitarist makes up for it.
30.07.2006 - 04:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Stigmatized on 30.07.2006 at 04:10

You're totally right.
20.12.2006 - 22:43
slayer_666
Account deleted
Foul Body Autopsy

best song on that album by far!!!!!
21.12.2006 - 00:37
spirit_inblack
harshhead
One amazing tech-death album. Fermented Offal Discharge has one of the most insane solos ever. I prefer this release over Epitaph. Muhammed is from Turkey right? But his parents immigrated to Germany? Well, anyways, fuckin great album.
09.11.2007 - 22:41
OminousDeath
Account deleted
omg...necrophagist blows my mind!!
09.11.2007 - 23:38
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Necrophagist is a special band. I discovered them a long time ago and I always felt they were special since the beginning. This album proves my theory.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.11.2007 - 04:50
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Seeing this review makes me want to listen to the album right now. I especially love the magnificent solo on 'Fermented Offal Discharge'.
17.11.2007 - 22:04
flamey

spirit_inblack; indeed Muhammed is Turkish but born in Germany.. actually his parents were quite religious and he had to play guitar secretly, learnt to play it all by himself and look at him now, fooking amazing.
03.11.2008 - 18:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Quote:
I especially love the magnificent solo on 'Fermented Offal Discharge'.

This is an awesome solo. Melody fits perfect with brutality!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.11.2008 - 20:34
acfromthekc44

I love this album. my favorite song is Fermented Offal Discharge. the Solo is fuckin awesome, and the rythym to the solo is even more impressive.
25.03.2009 - 18:52
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
First band I knew, and it's still of my favourites, Intestinal Incubation and Extreme Unction are really impressive songs. THE technical band to my eyes.
01.08.2009 - 09:43
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Written by AyΣm on 25.03.2009 at 18:52

First band I knew, and it's still of my favourites, Intestinal Incubation and Extreme Unction are really impressive songs. THE technical band to my eyes.

You just jumped straight into the technical brutal death metal, huh? Props to ya. I love this album and it has become one of my favorites. Fermented Offal Discharge and Foul Body Autopsy are great songs.
02.09.2009 - 21:27
Tatras

Really great album, for me perfect, simply best album by Necrophagist and possibly one of the best ever made in Technical Death Genre. 10
02.02.2010 - 18:25
Rating: 10
thewall30

This shit sounds fucking insane! Sounds really good, thinking about getting it...
----
12.05.2010 - 03:49
Opeth1992

I'm not sure if it's it's necessarily my favorite, but To Breath in a Casket is super brutal. I love each song on this album. Which song is the best on the album? There is only one answer...all of them. Necrophagist is easily the best modern Tech Death Band out there and definitely one of the best death metal bands period. Amazing album.
12.05.2010 - 04:04
Opeth1992

30.12.2010 - 14:41
Rating: 7
Cryzpin

Written by Stigmatized on 30.07.2006 at 04:10

No. Dangerboner hit the nail. The vast difference between outstanding virtuosic guitar work and flat almost boring recurent machine drumming sequences is the one biggest deficit of the album.
Just feel what creative and ultra-skilled human drummer can add to techdeath music on Cryptopsy's "None So Vile" or Lykathea Aflame's "Elvenefris".
With such a level of drumming, the album would be unstoppable.
30.12.2010 - 19:33
Destructo

A real pity they have released just 2 albums as yet. I really crave for hearing more from Necrophagist.
18.05.2011 - 02:23
Tetravirulence

One word : Brutal
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
06.08.2011 - 18:33
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Fermented Offal Discharge has my all time favorite solo.
10.09.2011 - 06:09
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
\m/ (>.<) \m/
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.02.2022 - 10:58
hebeleyn

Muhammed is originally a Turkish guy. He lives in Germany.

They are the "Half Life 3" of metal universe. Still waiting for the new album...

Hits total: 11424 | This month: 19