Metal Storm logo
Orphaned Land - Three Songs Streaming Online

Original news, posted on 16.12.2009

The metal webzine from Israel, Metalist Magazine http://metalist.co.il, gives the opportunity to listen to one of the first songs of the upcoming Orphaned Land long awaited album The Never Ending Way Of OrWarriOR.

This song called "Sapari" is, like "Nora El Nora" (featured on Mabool), a cover of a traditional song and doesn't really represent the musical orientation of the album...

...but If you cannot wait anymore time to listen to the song, just follow this link http://metalist.co.il/NewsPrivate.asp?id=2847 and enjoy!

UPDATED, on 22.12.2009 (thanks to Forsaker)

A new Orphaned Land song, called "Vayehi Or" (English: "Let There Be Light") is available for streaming at the band's MySpace page.

UPDATE (thanks to BudDa and Jojolviking)

Another new Orphaned Land song is streaming on the band's MySpace page.

Vocalist Kobi Farhi adds: "With less than three weeks to go till the release of The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR (for the Israeli and European fans), we have posted a brand new track online.

"Disciples Of The Sacred Oath II" is a heavy song, both musically and lyrically and it is one of the most important tracks of the album by its meaning. Indeed, it calls for a laying down of arms, to realize that the warriors are first of all brothers: "Lay down your swords, blood and flesh you share" ... "Shall we see the end of war, blood brothers?". It is definitively the most outspoken text we ever wrote on this subject.

Furthermore, as this song contains Arabic lyrics, we would like to dedicate it to our Arab fans and we hope that one day we will sing it together in a show in their home countries!"

Source: metalist.co.il
Band profile: Orphaned Land
Posted: 06.01.2010 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 152 users
16.12.2009 - 20:25
Zuzuz0r
As far as I know, this is a cover of a traditional song isn't it? (I think it's yemenite), sounds nice, I can't wait to hear more .

Edit: Oh, yes, it's a traditional song, haven't read that, lol.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
16.12.2009 - 22:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I can't read squiggly.
16.12.2009 - 23:27
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Introspekrieg on 16.12.2009 at 22:29

I can't read squiggly.

LOL i agree!
16.12.2009 - 23:31
Ulv
Sounds great!
17.12.2009 - 00:26
Devilspeed
More music, less talking. Unfortunately, that is not the case here, so I closed out. Documentaries put me to sleep quick and easy.
17.12.2009 - 00:39
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Sounds interesting even though it "doesn't really represent the musical orientation of the album". I'm looking forward to listen to more The Never Ending Way Of OrWarriOR audio samples meanwhile the release of the album.
17.12.2009 - 00:52
Hamird
Lieutenant
Wow, I can't wait to hear the whole album.. One song is not enough to get the concept.. But after all it sounds really nice and not so surprising because they use to compose nice songs..
17.12.2009 - 11:16
Locke
Account deleted
Totally worth the wait
17.12.2009 - 12:08
Forsaker
Awesome can't wait to hear the full album
17.12.2009 - 13:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Daaamn...this is sooo great!
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.12.2009 - 13:49
Sir_Javid
----
Im Lead And Other Follow Dont Shakh
17.12.2009 - 17:22
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
That song doesn't sound too bad, I'm curious if the whole album can live up to Mabool
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.12.2009 - 20:47
mariano
What are you talking about, the song is awesome!
It sounds just like I thought it would... but the female choirs blew my mind.

If the rest of the album sounds like this, I'm Ok with it.
17.12.2009 - 23:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ok with it? if the rest of the album would sound like this, i will be in love with it!
----

18.12.2009 - 17:58
mariano
You're right... let me rephrase:
If the rest of the album sounds like this, I will love it.
22.12.2009 - 16:54
Forsaker
Keep it metal it's awesome song
05.01.2010 - 20:42
Zuzuz0r
Another new song online, Disciples of The Sacred Oath, and I'm listening to it right now, and damn, it's pretty awesome, it has a different sound from Mabool, but it isn't a bad thing, some parts kinda remind me of El Norra Alila(which is a good thing for me), and I think it's more progressive than their previous works, clean vocals and growls all the way and oriental instruments, ATM it's the best song from the three ones that they've put on their MySpace.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
05.01.2010 - 21:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So 3 songs from album already out? this is becoming a bit weird...
----

05.01.2010 - 21:47
Ragana
Rawrcat
It's turning into a real temptation... I really hate the song named "Song is not currently available" (MySpace still sucks).

Sapari was on the promotion video. That woman who sings has a great voice.
07.01.2010 - 00:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
After many listenings, definitively placed on my wishlist. The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR sounds very promising. I will probably buy it as soon as it will be out.

Hits total: 4108 | This month: 6