Metal Storm logo
Canadian Death Metal

Original post

Posted by Endoftherainbow, 29.07.2006 - 08:34
I created a thread exactly like this on the old metalstorm and I think it's time to recreate because I found it really interesting. So what's your favorite Canadian Death Metal band? What's your favorite album/song by that band? What do you think of the Canadian Death Metal Scene? Do you think Canadian Death Metal has it's own distinct sound?

My favorite Canadian Death Metal band is Quo Vadis. They combine amazing technical guitar riffs with great basslines and the superb drumming from Yanic Bercier. My favorite album from them is Defiant Imagination because it contains my favorite song which is Break the Cycle but another favorite song of mine from them is called Dream which contains some really great melodies.
Right now I think the Death Metal Scene here is doing kinda shitty except in Quebec shits going on down there that's pretty awsome. As for Canadian Death Metal having a distinct sound I'm not so sure but most of it is quite chaotic and technical and features some of the most insane double kick I've ever heard.
10.06.2010 - 02:02
XAV_METALOGIST

1 - Neuraxis : Grindy Melodic brutal Death
2 - Kataklysm : Brutalyzing Speed Of The Light
3 - Martyr : Sweet Technical Death

And there's also Augury and Quo Vadis that kicks some asses
27.06.2010 - 01:47
Endoftherainbow

... well four years later i think i'm going to have to change my opinion because now Augury has released Fragmentary Evidence and that album beats Quo Vadis on every front. Also since my last post Beneath the Massacre has released more then the evidence of inequity ep and have i have a lot more respect for them now since they can actually play there albums. I also have to mention Orchidectomy's A Prelate's Attrition because it is the most brutal album in the history of canada if you like brutal death metal with constant blasting you have to check this out.
27.06.2010 - 04:44
thesabbathfan

Neuraxis has to be my favourite canadian death metal band
----
27.06.2010 - 05:16
Derwood

Written by Endoftherainbow on 27.06.2010 at 01:47

... well four years later i think i'm going to have to change my opinion because now Augury has released Fragmentary Evidence and that album beats Quo Vadis on every front.

I have to agree that Fragmentary Evidence is a superb album. My favourite Canadian death metal band is still Gorguts, however. I have yet to hear anything that comes close Obscura never mind surpassing it. Sheer brilliance.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
01.07.2010 - 01:58
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Endoftherainbow on 27.06.2010 at 01:47

... well four years later i think i'm going to have to change my opinion because now Augury has released Fragmentary Evidence and that album beats Quo Vadis on every front. Also since my last post Beneath the Massacre has released more then the evidence of inequity ep and have i have a lot more respect for them now since they can actually play there albums. I also have to mention Orchidectomy's A Prelate's Attrition because it is the most brutal album in the history of canada if you like brutal death metal with constant blasting you have to check this out.

A new Quo Vadis is on its way though