Should be able to comment albums

Original post

Posted by GamlaSonn, 18.12.2009 - 10:01
^ topic
20.12.2009 - 23:31
Promonex
Cathemeral
elite
Looks perfectly fine for me as well, both with Firefox and Internet Explorer, and apparently Barry's Chrome works fine as well. Which browser do you use, Ellrohir?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
21.12.2009 - 00:06
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ellrohir on 20.12.2009 at 10:32

Well i am trying to pull myself up so far but one day i will get mad and then you will see

LOL yeah... Im holding back pretty hard also.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
21.12.2009 - 00:37
Baz Anderson
staff
Go for it, that's what it's there for.
21.12.2009 - 00:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I see there about 2cms empty gap between left menu and beginning of text...if user has album rating, it is displayed here, but if he hasnt, there is only blank space...thats my problem

i am using FF3 (3.0.16)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

21.12.2009 - 00:53
Baz Anderson
staff
Show us a screenshot.
21.12.2009 - 00:55
Baz Anderson
staff
How is it different from this?:

Ok, maybe that was a stupid idea because I've rated that. This is one I haven't:

21.12.2009 - 01:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I mean the posts in comments part, not the album overview!
----

21.12.2009 - 12:09
Baz Anderson
staff
Ellrohir - look, I have no idea what you are on about then. Give us a screenshot so we can see what is so wrong on your side.
21.12.2009 - 14:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ok, my goal is, that when you look at this

Elio has here no rating and therefore blank gap...here at least you have rating, so one knows what should belong here, but there are (or were, cant find any right now) such comment pages, where noone has any rating, so there are only blank gaps and you can only wonder why it is so, if you dont know the system...
----

21.12.2009 - 15:13
Baz Anderson
staff
No wonder I didn't know what you were on about - I have comments set to look like the forum, so I don't see people's ratings there - I get the avatar instead.

Still, I don't think your screenshot looks bad.
22.12.2009 - 12:02
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Haha glad you posted the screenshot 'cause like Barry I had no idea what you were talking about. I have comments set to look like the forum as well. It might look better with a "N/A" tag, but I think it looks just fine as it is now
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.12.2009 - 21:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have found, that when you create topic about album, it is not count into "Topics created" stats in your profile...i'd bet it is not an intention here, or is it?
----

29.12.2009 - 02:57
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Ellrohir on 28.12.2009 at 21:45

I have found, that when you create topic about album, it is not count into "Topics created" stats in your profile...i'd bet it is not an intention here, or is it?

Of course. It's like if you're the first to comment on a review - technically you've "created" that thread by starting comments, but you haven't actually created anything have you... you've just commented on something.
29.12.2009 - 10:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Review comments arent counted too? i havent noticed...

so why they are displayed in the list together with your "created topics" then? as you can see on me, for someone should be confusing

edit: but now i see...i have 187 "records found" and only 87 topic created in stats
----

30.12.2009 - 12:26
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Ellrohir on 29.12.2009 at 10:10
Review comments arent counted too? i havent noticed...

so why they are displayed in the list together with your "created topics" then? as you can see on me, for someone should be confusing

edit: but now i see...i have 187 "records found" and only 87 topic created in stats
Yeah, same with comments on news posts, articles, etc. The link from one's profile probably just leads to a slightly different search, something like whatever threads (topics) have been started by the user in the whole site instead of topics based only in the main forum (which I think might be impossible anyway). IMO it's no biggie (and I think this way is actually best). Another one like this is a user's post count which carries over from one version of MS to another, but the search link directly from the profile's number button (and probably manual searches as well) only gives results from the current forum version, which explains discrepancies for posters like myself (now 1182 but only 1106 search results).

Staff - while we're talking about this thing, the last time I did a certain forum search while logged out, the results page title was "Posts where I'm quoted" instead of whatever it should have been (something along the lines of "My posts", can't remember exactly what atm). Were you aware of that one?

edit 9 Jan - I actually was looking at My posts, but considering I wasn't logged in at the time I'd assume it's the same, no matter whose posts the user checks
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays