07. Shoot Me Again
08. Sweet Amber
09. The Unnamed Feeling
10. Purify
11. All Within My Hands

Guest review by
The Silent Man
Rating:
Six long years after the release of ReLoad, Metallica come back on the scene to show their 8th studio album, St. Anger. Many of you have almost lost all the respect for this band since the release of the black album, many others hate them because of Load and ReLoad and some others have now lost every interest in their music. Actually, what can you all expect from the band who left its early amazing style to get fame and glory on MTV?

Read more ››
published 22.09.2003 | Comments (145)

Guest review by
Powerslave16
Rating:
Metallica's 2003 release, St. Anger, will most likely always be considered the low point of the bands discography. I'm not sure if I can completely agree with this. I personally believe Load and Reload are worse albums. Mind you, St. Anger is absolutely not a fantastic release. It rambles, has some bad tracks, and sometimes you wonder "what are they doing?" (listen to Hetfield's moans in Invisible Kid). But the album does have energy, something the band has had on about 3 tracks on the last 2 studio discs.

Read more ››
published 10.09.2007 | Comments (61)

So the biggest metal band on the planet is turning 30 this year.

As the story goes, back in 1981, some dude called James Hetfield answered a newspaper ad by a certain Lars Ulrich... and the legend was born. 30 years later, the success story that is Metallica still remains unequaled.

Happy 30th birthday, Metallica!

Thryce's picks | More picks ››

Found in 36 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 6

Comments: 162   Visited by: 2632 users
14.08.2010 - 16:49
Rating: 3
vezzy
Stallmanite
It's not so much as "not liking Metallica" for me, as much as it is "DAMMIT I'M SO SICK OF METALLICA".
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.08.2010 - 16:55
Perseverance
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 14.08.2010 at 16:49

It's not so much as "not liking Metallica" for me, as much as it is "DAMMIT I'M SO SICK OF METALLICA".

Agreed. I've heard Metallica so much on the local rock/ metal station that I don't like it anymore.
14.08.2010 - 16:56
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 14.08.2010 at 16:55

Written by vezzy on 14.08.2010 at 16:49

Agreed. I've heard Metallica so much on the local rock/ metal station that I don't like it anymore.

Plus all the discussion. Even hearing an album title makes me sick.
----
14.08.2010 - 17:15
RavenKing

I can easily see how you guys feel. I'm sick of hearing about old bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden all the time.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
14.08.2010 - 18:02
Perseverance
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 14.08.2010 at 17:15

I can easily see how you guys feel. I'm sick of hearing about old bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden all the time.

And Sabbath.
14.08.2010 - 18:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 14.08.2010 at 18:02

Written by RavenKing on 14.08.2010 at 17:15

And Sabbath.

I'm not sick of Sabbath personally.
Not yet.
----
20.12.2010 - 02:56
Rating: 9
Sonic MrSumo

I think The Unnamed Feeling is one of the best songs Metallica has written since the Black album. It really does go off!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
20.12.2010 - 04:41
Rating: 7
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 20.12.2010 at 02:56

I think The Unnamed Feeling is one of the best songs Metallica has written since the Black album. It really does go off!

It is a great song! xD The only thing I dont like about it, is the "Get the f**k away from me" part. Cos it really does sound like James trying to imitate Jonathan Davis' style, and doing a very bad job of it as well.

Ive heard a few people saying this song is the only one on "St. Anger" that they like. I wonder why that is, its always baffled me. lol
20.12.2010 - 10:02
Rating: 1
mz

This is the worst album of metal .every thing is terrible and boring.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
17.01.2011 - 00:00
metalduster

This album has NOTHING special-Its dull and boring..It has no tune--metallica is DEAD i prefer load and reload to this shit
20.01.2011 - 19:46
Rating: 8
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
I just noted that album had been staff picked by Thryce, i dono if he did it while he was sober or drunk but actually its a great thing, bcz its one of the most underrated albums of all time. .. ppl need to learn listening to this v.good album and put what in their mind about old Metallica aside for a while, then they will enjoy it.
20.01.2011 - 20:19
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 20.01.2011 at 20:18

Written by pazuzuovbabel on 20.01.2011 at 19:46

I just noted that album had been staff picked by Thryce, i dono if he did it while he was sober or drunk but actually its a great thing, bcz its one of the most underrated albums of all time. .. ppl need to learn listening to this v.good album and put what in their mind about old Metallica aside for a while, then they will enjoy it.

Well, I don't know Thryce personally, but I think this could be all of these: 1) Humor 2) Get people rethink the value of this record 3) To celebrate Metallica.

The funny thing is that i've noticed two old albums being picked up lately (Windir, Metallica) and only the other one has been thumbed a lot. I think it's because of the album picked here

It's obviously the first.
----
27.01.2011 - 21:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Thryce: "That's Mr. Asshole to you."

I don't think it's any of the above - he's just being himself.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.01.2011 - 19:18
Vivi'

I actually am listening to the whole album. It sounds like it has been recorded in someone's garage. The vocals are also lame. The songs are boring. Why did I need to listen to 3 songs when the lead song says it all? I remember that I didn't like it then and it was on MTV 24/7.

Btw: 75 Rules Of Being A True Metallica Fan:
51. Cry about St. Anger.
52. Destroy St. Anger.

15.02.2011 - 20:09
Rating: 6
Phantom Lord

Not that bad of an album
24.03.2011 - 01:04
John Shock

Written by RavenKing on 14.08.2010 at 16:24

Written by vezzy on 13.08.2010 at 15:57

Oh hell no. Though I dislike DM, it's still far better than St. Anger is.

Agreed. I dislike both albums but "Death Magnetic" is not as horrible as "St Anger", imo.

Yeah Totally agreed guys, Death Magnectic it's a sold out album but still a great album, not like this one, pure piece of shit, except music st. anger (the rest i puke all)
24.03.2011 - 04:58
Void_Eater
Account deleted
St. Anger isn't the worst album ever, but it sure tries to be. Generally I enjoy bad production, but this is just to awful... Lars seriously must have played with a tin can on this album. The "frantic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-toc" part of Frantic is one of the most laughable moments of metal history. The riffs reek of subpar nu metal, and even Slipknot would be ashamed of the whiny teen angst ridden lyrics of Invisible Kid. Of course, guitar solos might make the album better, so they had to remove them... But meh, you guys allready know all this. Awful album, but not the worst ever- That honor must go to Waking the Cadaver's first album. In this album's defense, I enjoy the song Shoot me Again for some reason, even though it's the most mallcore-esque song on the album.
13.04.2011 - 10:22
erykk

Music: 5
Vocals: 5
Lyrics: 5
Melody: 4
Production: 3
Originality: 3
CD Cover: 3

My top 5:
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

Sorry, I don't like this album
----
Open your eyes
25.04.2011 - 16:40
madrigal

Biggest shit ever !!!
07.05.2011 - 03:46
Rating: 7
megametallic0710

I'm amazed that so many people hate this album. Is the reason because it's Metallica and it's not thrash. I think this album is pretty good and the first 3 songs kick ass.
07.05.2011 - 06:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by megametallic0710 on 07.05.2011 at 03:46

Is the reason because it's Metallica and it's not thrash.

No. The reason is because it sounds awful. The only reason it's so popular is because it's a Metallica release.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.07.2011 - 05:23
Rating: 9
HiF

For me, it's their best album. Great production (heaviness of guitars, raw drums), catchiness. Perfect for headbanging
03.11.2011 - 01:45
masterofpeace95

I've given these songs a listen and honestly people, st anger isn't that bad. I love the guitar riffs on this album, the drums are a little annoying but I don't fuss about it. People have their opinions but I say it's pretty good. I give it a 7.5
03.11.2011 - 02:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by masterofpeace95 on 03.11.2011 at 01:45
I've given these songs a listen and honestly people, st anger isn't that bad. I love the guitar riffs on this album, the drums are a little annoying but I don't fuss about it. People have their opinions but I say it's pretty good. I give it a 7.5

Just when I was thinking, "We don't have enough Metallica fanboys on this site."
----
03.11.2011 - 02:26
masterofpeace95

Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.11.2011 at 02:04

Written by masterofpeace95 on 03.11.2011 at 01:45

Just when I was thinking, "We don't have enough Metallica fanboys on this site."

yes I'm a metallica fanboy but It's not like their all I listen to.
11.11.2011 - 04:34
Rating: 2
Xfushion

One of the biggest dissapointments EVER, god I hate this album
13.11.2011 - 21:24
Lit.
Account deleted
Now that Lulu's created a new low for Metallica, I think I might listen to this again.
See if my opinion differs.
13.12.2011 - 03:13
John Shock

I rate it 5, but this isn't that bad...actually i posted it on my blog and that post had inspire me to listen to it more often! ...I don't know but i think me and St. Anger have a little attraction...i don't know if it's for the cover album of for the album title track it self, that is my favorite song of the album! I have to listen more carefully to take my definitive conclusions! But that 5 could possibly grow up a bit!
13.12.2011 - 03:37
JD
Account deleted
Written by pazuzuovbabel on 20.01.2011 at 19:46

Agreed BOR.

I'm liking this album, at first I gave it a 6, but now I gave it an 8.

I think it's very underrated album.
13.12.2011 - 04:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I suppose that it is underrated and known as a better album now that we have LULU out there...even though its not technically a 100 percent Metallica album...

Hits total: 40913 | This month: 59