Metal Storm logo
Best Power Metal Album Since 2000

Original post

Posted by , 30.07.2006 - 03:05
I had to delete the other topic because I forgot many important albums that most be put such as: a flame to the ground beneath of lost horizon, the metal opera pt I of Avantasia, power of the dragonflame of rhapsody of fire (for me they're still being rhapsody) and once from nightwish.
Well as I said beefore my favourite album is temple of shadows of Angra for the creativity, the brasilian percussions, the latin feeling and the good ballads and speedy songs on it.
Don't forget to explain your choose and if the album that you consider the best is not in the list say it but please vote for one of the list thats the reason why I didn't put other in this new poll.
Now enjoy and fight for your opinion!

Poll

What album you think has been the best of Power Metal since 2000?

Angra - Temple Of Shadows
Nightwish - Once
Sonata Arctica - Silence
Avantasia - The Metal Opera Pt I
Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm
Rhapsody Of Fire - Power of the Dragon .
Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground B..
Symphony x - V

Total votes: 230
11.10.2008 - 03:17
Gigginova
Account deleted
Nice thread

from the list I like Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody and Lost Horizon

goddamn! I fvcking hate calling them rhapsody OF FIRE (such a gay name ), but anyway lol, it's their album I'll vote for. It's the only one I own from the list too. Aw man and the closing track on that album is too epic to be true, it just leaves you wanting more!
17.11.2008 - 11:17
Metalbound7

Mmm... Best Power Metal albums since 2000 so far are:

1. Edguy - Hellfire Club
2. Dream Evil - DragonSlayer
3. Primal Fear - Seven Seals
4. Rebellion - Miklagard
5. Lost Horizon - A Flame To The Ground Beneath
6. Kamelot - Ghost Opera
7. Angra - Temple of Shadows
8. Sonata Arctica - Silence
9. Manowar - Warriors Of The World
10. Rhapsody - Power of The Dragonflame
16.03.2009 - 23:02
BuzzPhil

I'm a very big fan of Sonata Arctica and I love all their albums especially Silence, but i love all those albums.
16.03.2009 - 23:46
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Sabaton - Primo Victoria --> by far the best imo
25.03.2009 - 00:07
Wyrd

No Demons and Wizards!? What the Fuck!?
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
27.03.2009 - 23:24
BattleHamster

For the sake of my sanity, I'll tell myself that you left A Night at the Opera and A Twist in the Myth off because we can just assume that Blind Guardian would win.

Having convinced myself of this, I must echo Falconer and several others: what about Demons & Wizards?

(If I had to choose one of the above, I'd probably go with Avantasia. Tobias Sammet does some pretty great stuff. The Scarecrow is good, but I still miss Unambiguously-Metal!Avantasia.)
15.09.2009 - 16:34
Angel Of Mercy

Ooo. This maybe a controversial one. But I happen to love " Ultra Beatdown" by Dragonforce cause I love the melody and I love the guitar on it. Maybe that's just me.

Or the "Art Of War" by Sabaton.
----
Your time will come.
16.09.2009 - 12:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I prefer your Sabaton choice Ultra Beatdown is crap imo, especially compared to older albums by DF
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.09.2009 - 12:45
Peuranpuolikas

Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera
Sabaton - Primo, Attero and War are all great

Wild card is Demons & Wizards - Crimson King (I like TBtCK more than their debut).
----
Look, The old Bitch is back!
16.09.2009 - 14:20
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Whoa, what a list! No Helloween (The Dark Ride), no Sabaton (Primo Victoria, The Art of War - ok this one is post 2006), no Iced Earth (Horrow Show, The Glorious Burden), no Masterplan (!!! The first two albums)...
I'll pick "Once" out of these for sure, with "Silence", "A Flame to the Ground Beneath" and "The Metal Opera pt. 1" trailing slightly behind.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
16.09.2009 - 14:44
Angel Of Mercy

Written by Ellrohir on 16.09.2009 at 12:23

I prefer your Sabaton choice Ultra Beatdown is crap imo, especially compared to older albums by DF

Yeah, I prefer "The art of war" to "Ultra Beatdown"
----
Your time will come.
08.10.2009 - 11:04
Aristarchos

Freedom Call - Eternity & Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera is the two best ones.
20.10.2009 - 09:40
Yogi

Kamelot - The Black Halo
24.11.2009 - 10:55
Angel Of Mercy

I forgot to mention Ghost opera by Kamelot.

And if your going through all power metal and it's sub genres i'd have to say

Wintersun's debut.
----
Your time will come.
25.11.2009 - 01:11
IronAngel

Such poor choices.

Kamelot - Epica. This is the power metal album of all time.

Blind Guardian - A Night At the Opera

Nightwish - Wishmaster

Gamma Ray - No World Order

Iced Earth - Horrow Show. Not bad either.

Can't think of any other great power metal releases lately. None of the listed stuff comes close to these albums, particularly the first two.
25.11.2009 - 06:49
His Eminence
Account deleted
One of my favorite power metal bands is Dragonland from Sweden. In my opinion everything they've released is great, but their two latest ones, Starfall and Astronomy, were especially enjoyable for me. Kamelot - Epica has been mentioned alot too, and I agree with it as well.
25.11.2009 - 20:41
Hellish Star

From this list Nightwish. The only other band I care about is Lost Horizon....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
03.07.2010 - 00:24
Sulac

I have to go with Angra, even though I like Symphony X, Dragonforce, Nightwish, and Rhapsody of Fire better as bands. Temple of Shadows is just a superb album though.
04.07.2010 - 14:48
Alexi93

In my opinion Sonata Arctica - Silence.
05.07.2010 - 05:05
Wyrd

Written by Guest on 25.11.2009 at 06:49

One of my favorite power metal bands is Dragonland from Sweden. In my opinion everything they've released is great, but their two latest ones, Starfall and Astronomy, were especially enjoyable for me.

Haha! yes, I agree, Dragonland's last 2 albums were vary outstanding! Astronomy 10/10
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
05.06.2012 - 11:42
Infernal Eternal

I voted for Silence but where's Renegade and Crimson Thunder? You put Sonic Firestorm in the list and not one of the above-mentioned albums?
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
05.06.2012 - 20:10
Lit.
Account deleted
For me it's
Helloween - 7 Sinners
Sabaton - The Art Of War
Edguy - Mandrake
Firewind - The Premonition
Iced Earth - Dystopia
Dragonforce - The Power Within (Which to me, tops anything they've done.)
07.12.2012 - 03:34
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
My favorite is Blind Guardian's A Night At The Opera. A truly brilliant album with great performances all round and awesome songwriting. And Then There Was Silence is one of the most epic songs I've heard.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
15.12.2012 - 18:37
musclassia

Out of those on offer, Temple Of Shadows, but even without other greats like A Night at the Opera by BG and The Premonition by Firewind, no Kamelot albums? The Black Halo is in my top 5-10 albums full stop, and Karma is pretty exceptional too. I do like Iced Earth's Horror Show too, and probably more albums I forget
12.01.2013 - 07:18
Evil Chip

Temple of Shadows. I can't stand the others too except for Symphony X - V