04. Conceived Into Enslavement
05. Atrocious By Nature
06. Descend Into Depravity
07. At What Expense?
08. Ethos Of Coercion
09. Grotesque Impalement [live] [Japanese bonus]
10. Twisted Truth [Pestilence cover] [Japanese bonus]

Additional info
The album was recorded at Wright Way Studios, with producer Steve Wright in the band's hometown of Baltimore, MD.

Release dates
US: September 15
Rest of World: September 21

Guest review by
Uirapuru
Rating:
It takes only about 33 and half minutes for the listener to be, once again, brutally beaten by the Dying Fetus sound. Now reduced to a trio who has John Gallagher as their central figure, the Fetuses have reached their sixth full-length, sustaining the discography's uniformity with another consistent release in terms of Death Metal, Hardcore and Grindcore (unfortunately for some, a little more Hard than Grind through the latest albums).

Read more ››
published 26.04.2010 | Comments (9)

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 20   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 515 users
24.12.2009 - 17:43
Rating: 10
I_Die_Often
I love every Fetus recording and every Fetus song (OK, maybe not so much "Final Scream (prelude To evil:Davey's Nightmare)" and "Hail Mighty North/Forest Trolls Of Satan(anno clitoris 666 opus 11)" could do without those two...)
Other than that, dying Fetus is awesome!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
04.01.2010 - 21:13
Rating: 8
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Just for variation they're still great! Short but killer album
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
05.01.2010 - 06:10
Rating: 9
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
You know that absolutely SICK guitar part somewhere near the middle of Shepherd's Commandment? Well I have an odd scratch right at that moment, so the songs skips. FUUUUUUUUUUU-

05.01.2010 - 13:51
I_Die_Often
Haha! In my truck, At What Expense skips near the end....
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
05.01.2010 - 14:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
It's ok, John didn't write that song anyways
05.01.2010 - 14:16
Baz Anderson
staff
Hahaha, this is a great album. When they came over with Cannibal Corpse I did the interview with Corpsegrinder in their room with them there. We had a little chat beforehand... funny their reaction when I asked what they thought to the new Cryptopsy, hahaha.
07.01.2010 - 20:39
Rating: 7
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Am i the only one who thinks that exvept sherpends commandement all the other songs are jus ok and nothing more?
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
08.01.2010 - 21:47
Kasper
Fantastic album - love it.

It rocks my socks.

Dying Fetus never disappoint - or atleast to me they don't.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
11.01.2010 - 11:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Deadmeat on 07.01.2010 at 20:39

Am i the only one who thinks that except sheperds commandement all the other songs are jus ok and nothing more?

You don't think the title track is above average? What about the first song? The album as a whole grew better for me with every listen. Initially I would've given it an 8, but now I'm hovering around 9.5.
12.01.2010 - 04:56
Rating: 7
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Dangerboner on 11.01.2010 at 11:13

Written by Deadmeat on 07.01.2010 at 20:39

Am i the only one who thinks that except sheperds commandement all the other songs are jus ok and nothing more?

You don't think the title track is above average? What about the first song? The album as a whole grew better for me with every listen. Initially I would've given it an 8, but now I'm hovering around 9.5.

sherphends commandemment is the best song imo. the guitar part in the middle of the song is amazing. i also liked songs 1,6 and 8. just those you've mentioned. but all the other sound a bit crap. and the production may be clean but it doesnt have the "power" and the "dynamics" of other production the band has made. i really hope i'll change opinion. i am listening to this album from september and now i first rated it after many many listenings. just a 7. believe me i hate giving ratings like these in my fav bands...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
12.01.2010 - 06:11
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
I need to learn the bass part to Your Treachery Will Die With You. So brutal.
12.01.2010 - 18:52
Killitorous
Anyone seen the new video they did up?
22.06.2010 - 20:19
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Can't believe only 3 people made this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.08.2012 - 15:09
musicalkaratekid
This is the first album I have listened to by Dying Fetus, and let me say that my impression of the band is that of a great one. I mean, the sound is fucking heavy, without being too generic or boring either.
04.04.2014 - 04:14
Rulatore
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.06.2010 at 20:19

Can't believe only 3 people made this.

This. Pretty sick record, not a single track I'ld skip here.
15.06.2014 - 05:30
Deathmaster
An absolute beast if an album, Gallagher Pulls out like every freaking riff in the book, and even invents some new ones. seriously mind-blowing guitar parts on this album.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
16.01.2015 - 01:14
Kreator22
Holy fuck. Shepherd's Commandment....
13.10.2019 - 03:34
SilverFox75
Most people praise Reign Supreme but I think I prefer this one. The variety of riffs and the technicality on this one is simply incredible!
13.10.2019 - 22:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by SilverFox75 on 13.10.2019 at 03:34
Most people praise Reign Supreme but I think I prefer this one. The variety of riffs and the technicality on this one is simply incredible!

I haven't listened to either in years but I remember really enjoying both. Destroy the Opposition is also top quality from what I can remember.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.10.2019 - 16:49
SilverFox75
Ah yes Destroy the Opposition is clearly a masterpiece!

Hits total: 15089 | This month: 32