Metal Storm logo
Ski Jumps

29.12.2009 - 21:39
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
We had recently quite a nice discussion about ski jumpers in "OH 2010" thread, so i believe, we can also run a separate thread just for this most exciting winter outdoor sport

i will start with recent results from Oberstdorf - Koffler won, Ahonen second, Morgenstern third

all four czech jumpers in second round! awesome result for our guys, though the best was 15th
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.12.2009 - 22:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 29.12.2009 at 21:39

We had recently quite a nice discussion about ski jumpers in "OH 2010" thread, so i believe, we can also run a separate thread just for this most exciting winter outdoor sport

i will start with recent results from Oberstdorf - Koffler won, Ahonen second, Morgenstern third

all four czech jumpers in second round! awesome result for our guys, though the best was 15th

Well moust exiting would be down hill and outher alipne skiing whit out slalom,

Does Nordick Jump hepen nowdays I mean its like 4 hills but hepen 2 jumps in Nor 2 in Fin
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.12.2009 - 22:35
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
6 Austrians in the top 10, nice result
29.12.2009 - 22:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nordic Tournament is held too imo, but it was never as prestigious as 4-hills...i first even heard about it when playing RTL Ski Jumps 2007

Diabolos: but your "best jumper ever" was 9th
----

29.12.2009 - 22:45
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ellrohir on 29.12.2009 at 22:43

Diabolos: but your "best jumper ever" was 9th

I heard that he has some problems with his stomach, so I think the result isn't too bad
20.03.2010 - 13:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hájek 236 meters in Planica...awesome

what do you think about the new "gate/wind" coefficients? i was very skeptical before, but now i saw it works quite good...and the jump gate can be now freely moved during the round so it is more fluent and no more needs of round cancellations
----

20.03.2010 - 13:06
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ellrohir on 20.03.2010 at 13:01

Hájek 236 meters in Planica...awesome

what do you think about the new "gate/wind" coefficients? i was very skeptical before, but now i saw it works quite good...and the jump gate can be now freely moved during the round so it is more fluent and no more needs of round cancellations

Imo the jury uses that gate stuff totally wrong, they shouldn't start from gate 22 if it's totally clear that they have to go down to 14 when the best jumpers come! They should use it only if the wind changes and not all the time just to see as many 200m jumps as possible, that's not what ski jumping should look like!
20.03.2010 - 15:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well you cannot argue, that Planica is very special jump and people somehow demand jumps over 230...because it is the only place in the world where it is possible...and only 2 or 3 races pro year...no wonder they push for long jumps
----

20.03.2010 - 15:57
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Was watching Planica this mornig, some great jumps, but what i don'+t like nowdaysw with jumping is this new rules about wind n gate +/- points it's stupid they ruined compettion totaly, they changeing gate very often during 30 jumpers and thats sux,. ....
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
20.03.2010 - 16:02
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But compare results with OH...at least after 3 rounds it was 1st Amman, 2nd Malysz, 3rd Schlierenzauer...so very same how before...
----

21.03.2010 - 12:05
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ellrohir on 20.03.2010 at 15:44

Well you cannot argue, that Planica is very special jump and people somehow demand jumps over 230...because it is the only place in the world where it is possible...and only 2 or 3 races pro year...no wonder they push for long jumps

Sure, it's great for the audience, but the problem is that the competition is not fair anymore! Sure, you get some points if you have some gates less, but those points can't really even that up. Some jumpers need more gates, some others don't, it's just unfair, simple as that
21.03.2010 - 12:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Unfair? and before it was fair, when someone had wind -1ms and someone +1ms? and was fair, that 10 jumpers jumped and then they said "hm, the gate is too high, we cancel the round, you 10 go and jump again"?

the only thing now is to balance the points, but i am sure this is only matter of some time and experience
----

21.03.2010 - 12:19
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ellrohir on 21.03.2010 at 12:12

Unfair? and before it was fair, when someone had wind -1ms and someone +1ms? and was fair, that 10 jumpers jumped and then they said "hm, the gate is too high, we cancel the round, you 10 go and jump again"?

the only thing now is to balance the points, but i am sure this is only matter of some time and experience

As I said, it's a good thing when the wind changes and stuff like that, but it should not be used just that everyone is able to fly to 230 meters, that's just stupid...
21.03.2010 - 13:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...i saw how everyone flew over 230 meters today...
----

21.03.2010 - 13:11
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ellrohir on 21.03.2010 at 13:05

Hm...i saw how everyone flew over 230 meters today...

Do you read my posts or do you just try to bitch around? Today they made exactly what I said is fair, the didn't switch the gates too much, and when they changed it it was after all jumpers of one round already jumped, so that was totally fair today! The last 2 days were just ridiculous, they started from 23 or something and in the end they were on gate 14
21.03.2010 - 14:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well today there was only 10 and then only 8 jumpers pro round...no wonder it wasnt such a problem with jump gate moving...

but anyway - maybe the jump gate position should be fixed, but still there is the "wind coefficient", which i find extremely useful
----

21.03.2010 - 19:09
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Adding or taking some point on wind is ok, and that should be kept there for good but gate thing rubish,

yesterday they lower the gate when Romoren jumped at 223 m dude who owns world record hmmm wtf .... anyway im glad finns took bronze today :=)

cya in next season
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
21.03.2010 - 20:51
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I definately agree on keeping the wind factor, that's a good thing for sure