Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius - New Year, New Tour, New Album

Stratovarius have issued the following update from the road, revealing details on future tour and album endeavours:

"We're still in the middle of the Polaris world tour, but we do have a bit of news.

The European summer festivals earlier this year were nice and relaxing as always, and then we embarked on a long three-month leg which covered the Far East, North and South America, and Finland. One highlight was Beijing, a place none of us in the band had played or visited before. Some of bassist Lauri Porra's video blogs from the past year can be found at this location.

After a break for the holidays, the caravan will roll on in 2010, and we will do a long tour of Europe in January and February. You can always check an up-to-date list of any upcoming dates at this address.

We have some more good news: we just confirmed to play Wacken Open Air in August 2010, which is always great fun. It's the biggest metal festival in the world, and has a great crowd, but also since there are so many bands there, you can always reconnect with many old friends backstage and in the VIP bar. This gig will mark the end of the Polaris would tour which spanned four continents with close to a hundred gigs.

We have also confirmed an appearance on the 70,000 tons of metal Caribbean cruise in late January, 2011. You can find details about this very nice cruise here.

We saved the best piece of good news for last: next year we will start work on a new full-length record, a follow-up to 2009's Polaris."

(Also thanks to -Mayhem-)

Source: stratovarius.com
Band profile: Stratovarius
Posted: 29.12.2009 by ShadowedFire88

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 197 users
29.12.2009 - 23:11
GT
Coffee!!
I bet this will turn into a long thread with numerous people bashing the band, saying how boring they are.

Well I look forward to seeing them at Wacken and a new album sounds nice...but please be better than Polaris 'cause that wasn't the best (but certainly not their worst work either)
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.12.2009 - 00:22
Symmachus

Nice piece of news; it seems that they have good stuff going on about them. And a new album getting worked on is cool. I hope it goes well.
30.12.2009 - 01:25
Rose Of Nemesis

Awesome!!! Can't wait!
30.12.2009 - 01:56
Mountain King
K i K o
Yes! i love Stratovarius. I can't wait to hear the new album and i really liked Polaris and their new guitarist Matthias...i iike Timo Tolkki too haha...
30.12.2009 - 06:27
JÄY
Metal slave
Omg 70000 tons!!
30.12.2009 - 09:56
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
GT is right, im going to be one of the surely many to say that stratovarius ia boring.

so thats what im gonna do.

GO AWAY STRATOVARIUS.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
31.12.2009 - 09:50
Uller

It will be awesome guest musicians/bands in the next stratovarius album, like children of bodom, amon amarth, arch enemy, raul diblasio, christina aguilera, Anthony Hopkins as haninbal, and batman playing the oboe.
----
31.12.2009 - 18:38
fade
Son of Sweden
Good because Polaris sucked.
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
01.01.2010 - 04:43
Zuzuz0r

I wonder if there will be also a new drama.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
03.01.2010 - 02:19
Njord
njord
Written by fade on 31.12.2009 at 18:38

Good because Polaris sucked.

I agree.

Hits total: 4118 | This month: 3