Metal Storm logo
Keep Of Kalessin - New Album Title Revealed, Video Teaser Online

Norwegian metallers Keep Of Kalessin have set Reptilian as the title of their new album, due in early 2010 via Indie Recordings and Nuclear Blast Records.

A video teaser for Reptilian can be viewed at this location.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Keep Of Kalessin
Posted: 30.12.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 131 users
30.12.2009 - 20:29
iMorphball

I wouldn't have minded that video if there was an actual song clip in there.
30.12.2009 - 23:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Yeah, I'm excited for this album, but that video explained absolutely nothing.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.12.2009 - 23:27
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Doc G. on 30.12.2009 at 23:06

Yeah, I'm excited for this album, but that video explained absolutely nothing.

I disagree, it tells you that Reptilian is supposed to be the perfection of brutal and beautiful. The joys of promo...

More seriously, this promotional clip absolutely brings no information as a promo clip should make it.
31.12.2009 - 08:20
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Eh. pointless. but funny in its ridiculousness.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.01.2010 - 17:05
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
This is the most pretentious and pompous bullshit Ive seen in ages....let alone arrogant. Gives us fuckal information, and they make it seem as if Armada and Kolossus changed they way metal sounds and was some kind of revelation to the metal world. Rubbish....Armada was very good and different but Kolossus was a turd. They make it sounds as if EVERY metalhead in the woooorld just cant wait to hear this new album - how fucking arrogant is that??

And this is coming from someone who is actually a big fan of the band so im not slagging them off just because i want to - but they have a habit of making these "epic" promos which mean nothing and saying thing in them which make them seem ridiculously full of themselves.
01.01.2010 - 17:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I'll just stick to KoK's musical peak... Reclaim.
Armada and Kolossus are just dire ate best.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.01.2010 - 17:10
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.01.2010 at 17:09

I'll just stick to KoK's musical peak... Reclaim.
Armada and Kolossus are just dire ate best.

Reclaim was just noise...honestly. It was aggressive as fuck and more raw - that doesnt constitute better. Armada was a very good album and actually sounded a bit different to anything Ive heard up until that point. Kolossus was dire though.

I hope the new album wont be a shocker but from what Ive seen of the Studio Reports it doesnt promise much. That terrible vocalist of theirs again tries to sing and its SHOCKING! I mean generally he's good but his clean vocals are out of tune, with more overlaid out of tune harmonising on top of it and (to quote the Dylan Moran) it "sounds like a person being drowned over a period of months". Ghastly...
01.01.2010 - 17:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Armada was just run-of-the-mill a dime a dozen overproduced black metal where the production took away the bit of soul and teeth that was still in there. Way too clean sounding. Whereas Reclaim had balls, teeth, anger, filth, noise (yes, and that was supposed to be in there) was a lot more original.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.01.2010 - 17:23
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.01.2010 at 17:14

Armada was just run-of-the-mill a dime a dozen overproduced black metal where the production took away the bit of soul and teeth that was still in there. Way too clean sounding. Whereas Reclaim had balls, teeth, anger, filth, noise (yes, and that was supposed to be in there) was a lot more original.

What is it will you old guys on this forum? If it doesnt sound like a piece of shit then its overproduced. Seriously Ive never heard of anything so ridiculous. And Armada actually had more influences than standard "run of the mill" black metal albums. Way more variety than most blackmetal albums with their shitty clique'd forest album covers, recording everything on a tape so that it sounds extra terrible.

Its the most pretention and stupid outlook on music....where sub-par production means perfection and music sounding terrible for the sake of being hated so it can stand on its own two feet. No thanks....Id rather listen to my "run of the mill over produced black metal" music, than listen to something which sounds crap and its more about its image. Because the music of that is all about image.....image and nothing more. Quite ironic how the older guys on here always have a stab at new metal bands and are the first to say "oh no its shit because its not as good as the bands of the 90's"...very narrow minded.
01.01.2010 - 17:30
Lord_Regnier

Armada was just run-of-the-mill a dime a dozen overproduced black metal where the production took away the bit of soul and teeth that was still in there. Way too clean sounding.

That's how I would describe "Armada". Production on this album belongs to modern day Death Metal, not to Black Metal.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
01.01.2010 - 17:42
Lord_Regnier

Written by Guest on 01.01.2010 at 17:23

What is it will you old guys on this forum? If it doesnt sound like a piece of shit then its overproduced. Seriously Ive never heard of anything so ridiculous. And Armada actually had more influences than standard "run of the mill" black metal albums. Way more variety than most blackmetal albums with their shitty clique'd forest album covers, recording everything on a tape so that it sounds extra terrible.

Its the most pretention and stupid outlook on music....where sub-par production means perfection and music sounding terrible for the sake of being hated so it can stand on its own two feet. No thanks....Id rather listen to my "run of the mill over produced black metal" music, than listen to something which sounds crap and its more about its image. Because the music of that is all about image.....image and nothing more. Quite ironic how the older guys on here always have a stab at new metal bands and are the first to say "oh no its shit because its not as good as the bands of the 90's"...very narrow minded.

Since I'm probably one of the old guys targeted by this statement, here is my answer:

You, my friend, don't know the difference between a well-done raw, old school sound, and a 'piece of shit that sounds horrible'. If you'd be older and grew up listening to lots of metal albums made with very little means and no money, like Marcel and me did, you would also have this feeling that most metal albums nowadays are overproduced, sound synthesized and triggered, sterile, emotionless.

Sub-par production doesn't mean perfection but, in my mind, overproduction means failure when it comes to metal.

Also, if you enjoy overproduced, overpolished albums, why would you not stick to Powermetal? It's so overproduced and overpolished, this genre sounds more like a different kind of pop music than metal these days.

By the way, your bias towards polished sound makes you no less narrow-minded than us. If we're narrow-minded because we like our metal this way, you're as much narrow-minded for liking it the opposite way.
----
01.01.2010 - 17:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

The sort of production KoK uses nowadays doesn't suit their music. Modern day Emperor uses a clean and clear production and there it fits, just like on latest Watain.
Apparently you're one of those people that doesn't understand the meaning of the word narrow-minded. I am not narrow-minded because I give everything a fair chance when it is released. Narrow-minded means not even listening to it at all and then dissing it.
Most black metal becomes stale when a clean clear production is used then the icyness and coldness and mystique is taken away from it.
Clean or clear production DOES NOT EQUATE good production. A goo dproduction is a production that fits the music. Like for in stance the almost total lack of production on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th albums of Darkthrone with it totally trebly sound is the fitting sound for those three albums, hence a good production.
I find it funny you go on about how somehting should clear and all and think a bass could be done away with in metal. A huge contradiction that is. OVERproduce all albums in the way of Armada and Kolossus and anyone who has a normal set of ears and doesn't listen to music on iPod will immediately run away screaming because of the lack of a bass.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.01.2010 - 17:55
Lord_Regnier

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.01.2010 at 17:43

Most black metal becomes stale when a clean clear production is used then the icyness and coldness and mystique is taken away from it.

Exactly. Black Metal in general is not meant to have clean production. It just doesn't suit the music very well.

Clean or clear production DOES NOT EQUATE good production.

True. Most people think that clean=good when it comes to production and nothing is more false. Tons of metal albums these days are trashed by overproduction.

A goo dproduction is a production that fits the music. Like for in stance the almost total lack of production on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th albums of Darkthrone with it totally trebly sound is the fitting sound for those three albums, hence a good production.

Again I totally agree.

I find it funny you go on about how somehting should clear and all and think a bass could be done away with in metal. A huge contradiction that is. OVERproduce all albums in the way of Armada and Kolossus and anyone who has a normal set of ears and doesn't listen to music on iPod will immediately run away screaming because of the lack of a bass.

It's indeed a very common problems: lots of albums cruelly lack the presence of a bass.
----
02.01.2010 - 00:58
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.01.2010 at 17:43

The sort of production KoK uses nowadays doesn't suit their music. Modern day Emperor uses a clean and clear production and there it fits, just like on latest Watain.
Apparently you're one of those people that doesn't understand the meaning of the word narrow-minded. I am not narrow-minded because I give everything a fair chance when it is released. Narrow-minded means not even listening to it at all and then dissing it.
Clean or clear production DOES NOT EQUATE good production. A goo dproduction is a production that fits the music. Like for in stance the almost total lack of production on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th albums of Darkthrone with it totally trebly sound is the fitting sound for those three albums, hence a good production.

My question is, why pigeonhold KoK into Blackmetal? I dont think they are blackmetal therefor the same rules shouldnt apply to them. Not everyone in the world wants bands to sound like Dark Throne believe it or not. I dont want to get into this discussion again because i have a feeling its going to end up in a shit-slinging contest again but I find Dark Throne utterly unlistenable. Whether thats the way it should be or not or the way it is intended to sound or not is besides the point. I for one dont want to turn the volume up all the way to figure out what Im listening to. Thats just preference it has nothing to do with my knowledge/lack of black metal.

All im saying is there should be a distinction between the blackmetal of old and the newer bands and the sounds the bands cater for are obviously done for a reason because, to be quite honest Marcel, you are not in KoK and tehrefor they obviously produced their album to their preference whether its blackmetal or "icy" enough for you is of no consequence.

And the issue about bass was cleared up a while ago and I understand your point and indeed you were correct. But to be honest I disagree on what you said about losing the "icy" sound on clearer productions because its those spefic razor sharp guitars that cut right through you on productions such as Armada. Perhaps we have different definitions for "icy", but I get that feeling when listening to the guitars on Iskald or the previous Armada album. To me thats what icy means....you probably disagree.
02.01.2010 - 20:08
Lord_Regnier

Written by Guest on 02.01.2010 at 16:55

at teaser,they will participate at Eurovision?

They will participate to Eurovision, indeed. Believe it or not, it's true.
----
02.01.2010 - 20:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lord_Regnier on 02.01.2010 at 20:08

Written by Guest on 02.01.2010 at 16:55

at teaser,they will participate at Eurovision?

They will participate to Eurovision, indeed. Believe it or not, it's true.

It isn't certain yet. Because in order to participate they will have to win the Norwegian National Song Contest. And only if they win they will get to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.01.2010 - 07:09
BudDa

Vague!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 3920 | This month: 8