Metal Storm logo
Thurisaz - New Song Online

Belgian metallers Thurisaz have issued the following update on their MySpace blog:

"2009 has been a year of heights and lows for Thurisaz... First there was the departure of our bassplayer Lars, which was a very though decision to make but in the end the right decision for both him and the band. We are still very grateful for all he did for Thurisaz throughout the years and wish him all the best in his future endeavours!

The departure meant of course there was room for a new recruit: Hannes Leroy, a long time friend of the band. With Hannes joining, Thurisaz finally found back the energy and inspiration it was looking for since quite some time. And that paid off!

Since a year we've started to write new material, with ups and downs, but we're nearing the final stage. Recordings will be done next spring in the CCR-studio, where we recorded our both previous albums. We've always enjoyed working with Kris from CCR, so we're very much looking forward to record there again! But... no promises yet on a release date, to avoid false hopes.

A couple of months ago we promised a new song on our MySpace. It was originally meant as a preproduction (and in a way it still is), but thanx to the efforts of Nik, our sound engineer, it has turned out great! Granted, it has took us a little longer as foreseen, but here is "Precious Scars" as a new years present from Thurisaz to the fans! Enjoy!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Thurisaz
Posted: 01.01.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 13 users
01.01.2010 - 19:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nice...this is kind of music i can listen to for hours
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.02.2011 - 13:15
Thurisaz

Hey dear friends !!

First of all, we're glad to say, that after more than a year being in and out of the studio, the recording, mixing and mastering of the new album ' The Cimmerian Years' finally came to an end. Last sunday we officially spent our last minutes in the CCR-studio, adjusting and adding the last samples!

Second of all, we're proud to announce that we signed a deal with SLEASZY RIDER RECORDS from Greece (Ancient, The Elysian Fields, Prejudice...)! They will release our third album 'The Cimmerian Years', which will be available in May 2011!

So... What to expect? One could say it's gonna be a known mixture of styles, yet so very different... It's gonna be the known combination of different vocals, yet so very different... It's gonna be the known soundscapes of bombast and melody, yet again so very different... Let's just say, it will sound familiar and it won't... ;-)

We've uploaded a video, with live footage, from the first two songs that will be on the album: 'Broken' & 'My Precious Unknown'. It gives you an idea of what to expect from 'The Cimmerian Years'. A big thanx to our soundengineer Nik for this one! Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ay712uzgGo

On myspace, you can check out some new songs: 'My Precious Unknown' & 'Second Mirror': www.myspace.com/thurisazmusic

The artwork is done by the Dutch artist Geert van Mook. Here's a first glance of the cover. Thanx to Geert for doing a splendid job!

Tracklist

1: Broken
2: My Precious Unknown
3: Second Mirror
4: No Regrets (feat. November Doom's Paul Kuhr)
5: Fare Thee Well
6: The Carnival Of Miscreation
7: Inner Voices
8: Unhealed (feat. Inis Cathaigh's Els Blieck)
9: A Glance Of Misperception (feat. Saturnus' Thomas A.G. Jensen)

News about how to pre-order your promo-package will be posted on April 1st. Be sure to order on time, there will only be 100 promo-packs available!

Soon more information on release-shows, new shirts, tours, etc...

See ya!

Hits total: 3031 | This month: 5