jezzzz 50%

All dates of this tour

Reviews

Photo galleries

Comments

Comments: 8   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 49 users
05.01.2010 - 02:45
Baz Anderson

Edguy coming back to the UK. I must say I am impressed they have discovered the rest of the country outside of London.

Apparently more dates are to be announced.
08.02.2010 - 23:08
Kingface

This should be immense!
08.02.2010 - 23:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Last year in Prague it was
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.02.2010 - 00:08
Baz Anderson

Ah yes. I forgot about this. I'll probably interview them.
This'll probably pop up as a supported event in the next few days.
09.02.2010 - 01:44
Baz Anderson

Written by Irritable Ted on 09.02.2010 at 00:46

What happens with a supported event? Is it just Metalstorm written on the tickets? What else?

It's just when we get accreditation for the show really, to help sort of advertise it a bit more.
Basically one of the things we can do in return for the free pass as well as the review, etc.
09.02.2010 - 13:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yay, this is awesome news! I havent seen Edguy since they supported Dragonforce in 2006 and totally stole the show! I have yet to see a full headline show by Edguy, and I can't wait. Should be awesome!
11.02.2010 - 02:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 10.02.2010 at 20:39
I saw them last on the same tour and you are so right, they blew Dragonforce away, seem to remember Sabaton played as well, even they were better that night than Dragonforce.

Well, it is very rare that I go to see a show mainly to see the support band, but in this case, that was exactly what I did! I was very disappointed when I found out Edguy wouldn't be headlining, but I knew I still had to see them whatever. I'd actually only started listening to Dragonforce about 2 weeks before the gig, because I didn't want to be bored after Edguy finished.

Dragonforce were decent, and ''Through The Fire And Flames'' was especially good, but they couldn't match the sheer awesomeness that Edguy brought to the stage. I remember Edguy only played about 6 songs, and I was upset as I wanted them to just continue! But they are definitely a great live band, and I can't wait to see them headline finally for the first time. I should also note that Edguy are playing a MUCH smaller venue, than Dragonforce played when they came here. Which is scandalous really. I also find it funny that on that 2006 tour, only in the UK did Edguy support Dragonforce. In the rest of Europe, Dragonforce were the ones supporting Edguy! The UK sucks when it comes to metal, its more about what's trendy than the actual music.

An interesting fact about that gig, is that I was given a backstage pass during the end of Dragonforce's final song. Why that happened, I have no idea... I did not use the pass, but I kept it, and still have it!
11.02.2010 - 02:54
Baz Anderson

Edguy were headlining that Dragonforce tour in mainland Europe, but the roles were switched here.

I saw that tour too, in Leeds. I got the first Sabaton album signed there. That's pretty much the only time I have ever asked anyone to sign anything.

Edguy were good, but the short set meant they didn't pull out any of my favourites.

Hits total: 3983 | This month: 8