- 64-page hard-back book containing band photos, musings and artwork
- an exclusive t-shirt
- a lenticular 3D version of the album cover art ready for framing
- photographic prints
- a certificate from the band

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
There are musical formulas that never become exhausted. Bands that choose such formulas as basis for their works enjoy long-lasting, successful careers. No fan requires any change in their musical direction, everyone is universally happy if such a band releases another album that fits into the band's template. Among classic bands that fit this description are AC/DC, Motörhead, Slayer, to name just a few that immediately spring to mind.

Read more ››
published 03.11.2010 | Comments (78)

Guest review by
Windrider
Rating:
Cradle Of Filth are a band that have performed a slow but legendary downfall. And they managed to rise like a phoenix from its ash, but faster than any phoenix could. Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa is now the second count in their rise and still has something to add in terms of speed, darkness and pure blasting metal. This record is once more a concept album and deals with the demoness Lilith, which happened to be the first wife of Adam in the book of Genesis. But we are here to talk about music, so let's get into it!

Read more ››
published 12.07.2011 | Comments (12)

Love them or hate them, Cradle Of Filth are back with their most extreme album since Cruelty And The Beast. The band are still the modern force you have come to terms with of recent years, but the band have gone up yet another gear with this release.

Baz Anderson's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: daniell_p

Found in 13 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 61   Visited by: 1165 users
06.01.2010 - 16:09
Destructhor

I can't wait
04.06.2010 - 12:28
Rating: 10
poss

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:metal:
04.06.2010 - 15:16
Rating: 6
vezzy
Stallmanite
I love CoF. Can't wait either.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
07.06.2010 - 15:12
Rating: 7
Aetherius

Hell yeah!
02.07.2010 - 18:57
Rating: 10
poss

For me, the best band in this fucking world
06.08.2010 - 10:39
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
CANT FUCKING WAIT
21.08.2010 - 01:44
Baz Anderson

New song is online here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-lORrSU4U

Sounds really great. Cannot wait for the album.
21.08.2010 - 13:01
vezzy
Stallmanite
Alright... now that was disappointing. It felt like a weak rehash of the most primitive elements and on top of it all, it's mixed in such a way it sounds like background music to the vocals.
----
21.08.2010 - 14:30
Baz Anderson

Well, it's a youtube video - so you can't really make judgements about the sound yet.
I think this is a fantastic song.
21.08.2010 - 15:25
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
You can download a free mp3 at http://www.peaceville.com/cradleoffilth/. The track is entitled "Lilith Immaculate" and it fucking rocks!
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
21.08.2010 - 15:54
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Baz Anderson on 21.08.2010 at 14:30

Well, it's a youtube video - so you can't really make judgements about the sound yet.
I think this is a fantastic song.

True... the bit rate and all.

I don't know, it felt like the CoF gothic style stripped down to its basics to me.
----
21.08.2010 - 16:10
Baz Anderson

Don't listen to it expecting "gothic metal"... I've never considered them "gothic". They're just a great extreme metal band...

This song has really caught me - it's the keyboards and female parts I like, especially towards the end of the song.
I definitely look forward to going through this one with the lyrics.
21.08.2010 - 16:20
vezzy
Stallmanite
This one felt like it. Not that I'm expecting it.

I'm generally not big on the vocals, but in CoF they play a large part, only they don't pack much of a punch to me here. Or maybe I'm starting to grow more out of CoF.
----
22.08.2010 - 04:01
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
The symphonies are kinda annoying on Lilith Immaculate, imo... They don't sound dark enough to my taste, it's like COF played over Nightwish orchestration.
----
22.08.2010 - 13:13
vezzy
Stallmanite
I've somewhat noticed that "CoF" and "dark" in the same sentence is kind of funny. Meh, I once thought they were too, so no big deal. I'm actually kind of annoyed by people being such big fans and thinking it's the darkest, heaviest thing ever.
----
22.08.2010 - 20:46
Baz Anderson

Written by vezzy on 22.08.2010 at 13:13

I've somewhat noticed that "CoF" and "dark" in the same sentence is kind of funny. Meh, I once thought they were too, so no big deal. I'm actually kind of annoyed by people being such big fans and thinking it's the darkest, heaviest thing ever.

I don't think many people do think that, to be honest.
23.08.2010 - 20:58
Dargor

I don't care about how dark this could be, I'm not listening to CoF just to say "OMFG THIS IS SO FUCKING DARK AND EVIL HAIL SATAN LOLZ".

The music is incredibly good, well composed and all. The vocals are pretty damn good too, especially the femal vocals.
I wasn't a fan of CoF until Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder and this one sounds like a winner, again.
24.08.2010 - 04:59
warrior_of_ice

Im gonna treat this album like i treat all new Cradle albums. I expect it to suck and anything else is a plus. I hope i am pleasantly surprised
27.08.2010 - 12:00
Slayer666

Damn, I'm very disappointed with the new song.... It's sounds cheerful somehow, like slightly blackened newer Blind Guardian. Where is the dark, morbid, dusky atmosphere? Fuck, looks like Cradle are setting me up for another big disappointment. A shame, after Godspeed, I could have sworn they were completely back-on-track.
29.08.2010 - 16:24
Rating: 8
s_t_s

To me it's a very nice track, a good sign for the rest of the album ! I just hope all tracks won't be overloaded with keyboards and female singing (the singing's good but too much of it can just kill it).
30.08.2010 - 22:01
Eldritch Truth

I dig the new song. It sounds new (for COF) without being a complete departure. Since the album is a concept album, there might be a reason as to why the song feels so upbeat and "cheerful." This is only one track, so I'm sure the macabre atmosphere COF is known for will be on the other tracks.
06.09.2010 - 22:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Listening to "Lilith Immaculate" and it is really really wonderful song!

call it what it should be called - gothic metal, not any "yeah pure evil black metal, cheers" and all will be fine
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.09.2010 - 00:06
Rating: 8
I_Die_Often

Unlike the Dimmu song that is available (Gateways) I could listen to the entire COF song
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
07.09.2010 - 11:57
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Ellrohir on 06.09.2010 at 22:29

Listening to "Lilith Immaculate" and it is really really wonderful song!

call it what it should be called - gothic metal, not any "yeah pure evil black metal, cheers" and all will be fine

It sucks in both cases.
----
08.09.2010 - 20:27
RattleSnake

I don´t know what to say .... It´s Interesting, It´s Black, It´s Gothic, Many Female Vocals.. I don´t know . . . I´ll wait for an album ... but: NOT BAD but NOT GOOD ENOUGH ..
15.09.2010 - 02:30
thatmetalhead666
Account deleted
I'm pretty pumped for this album... it'll be good to hear something like this as i was dissappointed with godspeed.
who cares, CoF rule! \m/
26.09.2010 - 10:23
Lokier066

I listen to the single for this album I think it sounds great back to their original sound LOVE IT!!!!!
----
new Band but named Deforming Magenta I think are good
check it out buy if you like

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=deforming+magenta&x=0&y=0
30.09.2010 - 02:40
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Lilith Immaculate and Forgive Me Father are both fuckin' weird. They're too fluffy to my taste, where Godspeed was mostly solid and in-your-face. Here the symphonies are weak and mellow, the vocals are blah (c'mon why not discard black metal vocals to that point? Rhapsody has more terrific vocals nowadays...) and the tempo is too slow. Grow some balls and break our teeth with powerful tracks like Tragic Kingdom or Shat Out of Hell! Well, I guess I'll have to listen to the entire album before making judgements but to date I'm not in the least bit impressed, I must say.
----
30.09.2010 - 02:47
Baz Anderson

"Forgive Me Father..." is the one they've just done a video for though, so it will be the most commercial sounding one on the album.

It's weird indeed, I quite like it though. Still looking forward to the whole album!
30.09.2010 - 14:25
Slayer666

Written by MétalNoir on 30.09.2010 at 02:40

Lilith Immaculate and Forgive Me Father are both fuckin' weird. They're too fluffy to my taste, where Godspeed was mostly solid and in-your-face. Here the symphonies are weak and mellow, the vocals are blah (c'mon why not discard black metal vocals to that point? Rhapsody has more terrific vocals nowadays...) and the tempo is too slow. Grow some balls and break our teeth with powerful tracks like Tragic Kingdom or Shat Out of Hell! Well, I guess I'll have to listen to the entire album before making judgements but to date I'm not in the least bit impressed, I must say.

Meh, Lilith Immaculate horrified me at first (fluffiness), but it grew on me after a couple of listens. But Forgive Me Father is just.... shit. Reminds of Scorched Earth, only much less catchy.
And what the fuck is up with Dani's image? He looks like the Mad Hatter from "Alice in Wonderland"... Jesus....

Hits total: 32506 | This month: 75