Metal Storm logo
Zyklon - Split Up

Message posted on the band's official myspace page today:

After taking an offical break over two years ago, it has now become the reality that Zyklon is no longer a functional band, and thus the decision is made to formaly split up the band, instead of just letting it decend into nothingness.
As a final release from the band, Candlelight Records will later this year put out a boxset, entitled "The Storm Manifesto", including all three full-length albums with various bonus material. Zyklon played its final show in Tokyo, Japan on the 28th of September 2007.

All members of Zyklon are still active on various fronts. Samoth is currently in the studio working on the debut album for his new project, The Wretched End. Destructhor is still touring with Morbid Angel, and is still planning to complete a new Myrkskog album with Secthdamon. Trym is mainly working in his tattoo shop, but is scheduled to appear in a new music project soon.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Zyklon
Posted: 07.01.2010 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 289 users
07.01.2010 - 15:41
Baz Anderson

Although slightly sad news, the line "and is still planning to complete a new Myrkskog album" makes it all better.
07.01.2010 - 16:37
Raiden
Down Under Staff
This is terrible news

I was hoping we'd get a new album from them at some stage soon.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
07.01.2010 - 17:17
atrox

What a pity.. truly a great death metal band it was
07.01.2010 - 17:32
Overlord_PT

Hell no!...
07.01.2010 - 17:54
kaoskrew

Well at least saw then a Wacken a couple of years ago
----
John
Kaos Krew Promotions
"Metal Music Facilitators"
Sponsors of Black Winter Day http://www.blackwinterday.co.uk
07.01.2010 - 18:06
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Never care much for them. But the new album is good news, maybe I miss them more with a good last work.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
07.01.2010 - 18:12
Black_Handed
A village idiot
I did too on a Brutal Assault. but honestly, im not surprised by this, in the typical sense of "split up", they already were before. bands can reform, when the time is right. so no big deal at all. btw that storm manifesto info is nice, i think ill go for it. maybe theyll put the boxset on vynils too, it might end up really cool. chaos deathcult ftw!
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
07.01.2010 - 18:18
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Written by Uirapuru on 07.01.2010 at 18:06

Never care much for them. But the new album is good news, maybe I miss them more with a good last work.

you got it wrong, theyre talking just about re-release in the box set
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
07.01.2010 - 18:57
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Black_Handed on 07.01.2010 at 18:18

Written by Uirapuru on 07.01.2010 at 18:06

you got it wrong, theyre talking just about re-release in the box set

Oh yeah, true. So in this case they are already dead to me.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
07.01.2010 - 19:00
steve-cfh

Ah this sucks, was just listenin to world ov worms when i read this too!
this is really annoying! such a good band too
----
COWBOYS FROM HELL
07.01.2010 - 20:56
Opethian

What a shame, best of luck to you guys !
07.01.2010 - 21:21
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Indeed this is a very sad news.
08.01.2010 - 01:50
..ExoTeaR..

What a buzz kill! i shal spin some ov there madness tonight when im getting drunk i spose
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
08.01.2010 - 12:39
frankeli
Account deleted
All right. No problem. As long as they are OK.
08.01.2010 - 15:26
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Aw fuck... just a few days ago I was iistening to Aeon again and looking at their m-a page, with the copy-paste of their hiatus message... that new Candlelight release sounds perfect for me though, with the sweet cover of Pull the Plug and more
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
08.01.2010 - 18:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Meh. i liked a couple songs, but for the most part they kinda represented what i dislike most about modern DM and miss most about the shit i listened to back in '91...

they'll all land on their feet, so bully for them.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.01.2010 - 13:14
Libishomen

Noooo i like this band
11.01.2010 - 01:46
Murder

11.01.2010 - 11:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've never been that big on Zyklon, so as long as Destructhor and Secthdamon are focusing on Morbid Angel/Myrkskog, then I'm happy.
08.08.2010 - 23:54
Aetherius

Sad news. Glad to hear everyone is still musically active

Hits total: 5512 | This month: 6